Online AMP course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF M4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've heard that we need to do this mammoth online AMP course before going to the actual 6-week AMP course. I've gone to the website and made an attempt to register, but it asks for my unit and since I haven't gotten my formal orders yet I'm not sure what to put. Anyone gotten started on this yet? I'm trying to avoid some massive pain in June. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's a miserable 13 section course that's is massively painful - I'm on section 3. I just logged on through the ADLS on the intranet and I guess I input all the information using my current unit...

AFPB
Long time, no hear...what's up home boy?

I've been working nights for the past week and got bored for a few hours so I logged into the course just to see what this course looked like. I just made stuff up using AFIT of WPAFB to log in. Agree, kinda boring...but I thought maybe some of the aerospace physiology would be an interesting distraction.

Members don't see this ad :)
The second part is actually pretty interesting, and the GLOC videos are incredibly hilarious! BTW I can't believe you want Cards - I'm about to do a rotation (albeit adult cards) and I will be hatin' life...!

The new AMP is simply garbage. This push to make everything computer based training is ruining the already ruined Air Force. Just get through it and don't pay any attention because you won't learn anything until you actually become a flight doc for the first year or so. This job has such a steep learning curve that a few weeks of online bulls#it and few weeks of bogus classes that you sleep through in San Antonio won't make a damn bit of difference. Skate through the online AMP and drink like a fiend down on the Riverwalk while at Brooks. You'll learn what it is to be a flight doc only when you get to your first real assignment.

you won't learn anything until you actually become a flight doc for the first year or so. ... You'll learn what it is to be a flight doc only when you get to your first real assignment.

Sad, but true. The simple fact is they talk so much about 1042s, 48-123, waivers, MEBs, shop visits but most people have no clue what they are talking about. Most of the actual hands-on learning will be done after the class while at your first duty station.

You should have a good time while your down there and do your best to stay awake (especially during the Optho lectures :smuggrin:)

Oh good I was afraid I'd actually have to remember this crap - I think the only thing I need to remember is flip all the switches up and shove my mask on if I'm starting to pass out...

I think the only thing I need to remember is flip all the switches up and shove my mask on if I'm starting to pass out...

Yes...Oxygen (and Positive Pressure Ventilation) is your friend :laugh:

One more piece of advice for all of you incoming flight surgeons...Not sure when AMP starts, but be sure to report to your home station before you go to AMP, even if only for a day or two. This insures that in case you want to go into GME or PCS to an OCONUS base after two years, you have the time requirement of the 2 year minimum duty station completed before July. We have a flight doc at my station that is being prevented from PCSing until September because they did not check into their home station before going to AMP. This, in turn, will also affect their Date of separation, because they will be required to be at the next duty station for 2 years. :thumbdown:

If you guys/girls need any help before then, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Ha ha we have no idea when the AMP course starts either!

I hear there are two different classes, but seeing as there are at least a few of us who haven't found out where we're going yet, of course no one has told us which or when the AMP course is... They said we'd find out where we're going end of March - uh, what date is it now...