One More Day!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it's finally here! Tomorrow my son and I will know where we will spend the rest of his school years. The last three weeks have been a weird kinda limbo for me. To cap it off, last night my school put on a housing seminar for soon to be residents. We filled out info on what kind of house we're looking for, where we're looking for it, and a pre-qualification loan form. A little scary since I'm not sure which 1 of 5 states I'll be living in :oops: .

How is everyone spending the day? I'm taking the dog to the groomer, distributing surveys for my MPH to NP students, going shoe shopping and getting my toenails done, and studying for my midterm which is today, then I'll hit the gym. HOPEFULLY, that'll keep me preoccupied.

I can't wait to here where everyone is going tomorrow. I pray that we all get our #1! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Me: Wake up at 6 am.... decide it's just not worth the effort.... back to bed until 10 :sleep:

10-11 shower, bkfst, etc... make worthless Labradors go outside (in rain!) to potty for 3 whole minutes... spend next 30 minutes cleaning up house after dogs

11-1 errands (What am I going to wear tomorrow?!?) :confused:

1-4 movie (Patch Adams) and discussion at attending's house... for course credit! :D

4-7 work out :)

7-10 study ha ha ha ha ha.... no, eat, watch more tv

11 to bed.... oh I hope I can sleep!!!!! :eek:

12:15 tomorrow.... text message Noelle! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I will be spending my night with a floor full of RSVers and AGEers. I am on overnight call. :( :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
10:30 am: woke up
10:30-11:00 am: spaced out for a bit, then showered and got ready.
noon: finally rolled into lab, added stuff to cells and now i sit on my ass for 6 hours.
12:30-?: go have lunch with friends from lab; drink beers, many beers.
?-6 pm: space out at my desk in lab, probably trying to just sober up again.
6-6:30 pm: make cell extracts and then head home
6:30-: drink more...pack for vegas

rounds rounds rounds
lunch
get haircut (lots of pictures tomorrow)
spend afternoon reading celebrity gossip mags
spend evening studying for exam tomorrow (yes, we actually have to take an exam on match day at my cruel school)
pray pray pray
sleep

kas23 said:
I will be spending my night with a floor full of RSVers and AGEers. I am on overnight call. :( :( :( :(

you're going to be post call on match day! that totally blows!

8am Wake up, shower, breakfast, etc.
9am-12pm fun filled rural medicine rotation
12-2pm relaxing lunch
2-5pm more fun filled rural medicine
5-6pm stress and call my fellow match-fiends :scared:
6-9pm pig out on crawfish and drink MANY frosty adult beverages

Just think... tomorrow is St. patties day. Pretty good reason to drink ourselves silly eh?! :luck:

shellfish said:
you're going to be post call on match day! that totally blows!

Yes, one-half frosty & refreshing emerald adult beverage will be enough for me. To be honest, I think tomorrow might pose a health hazard for me.

ACK!!! I can't believe the deans and the programs already KNOW!!!!

ACK!!!!

PairODocs said:
ACK!!! I can't believe the deans and the programs already KNOW!!!!

I don't like the way my dean looked at me today. He looked at me like he felt sorry for me. :thumbdown: Bad news?

God, I feel like I'm going to hurl :barf:

Any mention of match or anytime I see the word I get MAJOR butterflies. UGH. I will never sleep tonight. AND I found out I have a midterm tomorrow! Luckily it's open book but I have to complete it between 8-4 tomorrow.

I tried my damndest to get my match spot out of one of the ladies in the Student Affairs office but to no avail. Then one of the ladies came in with the list, all printed up and ready to distribute. I should have grabbed it and ran, they never would have caught me :laugh: . REALLY, she was less than 2 feet away.

With the competitiveness of Peds this year, I'm afraid I'll end up in the lower half of my rank list.

To give you an idea of HOW competitive peds was this year.....
The peds program at my school didnt fill. Only filled 2/5. I spoke to the Peds coordinator and she said they received 700 applications on Tuesday. SEVEN HUNDRED for 3 spots at a really not competitive program. I know I should just be happy I have a job, huh?

Well, this was really long. Have a great night, I'm sure I'll be back on later.

Don't worry.. my roommate and I are also both ready to hurl. Why in the blue hell did everyone and their dog want to do peds this year? We are freakin out. You are not alone! Good luck!