One last pre-req to take... but which one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snakegal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, back in the day when I was doing my undergrad there was Physics I and Physics II. There were probably some other engineering type physics, but that was only for the engineering type majors. I took Physics I at Texas A&M but never took the second. I'm looking at taking it next semester while I finish up my Masters. The problem is this: I don't know which one I'm supposed to take. They now have College Physics (I and II), Elementary Physics (I and II), University Physics (I and II), and one intitled "Electricity and Magnetism". DH took Physics II back at A&M and said that it was all about Electricity and Magnetism. I basically have no idea which one I'm supposed to take to satisfy the requirement. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate them. I really don't want to take the wrong one!!:D

Thanks,

-Snakegal

Members don't see this ad.

you need to find out more information about each of the physics tracks. The schools won't care whether it is calculus-based or not, but it should be meant for biology/prehealth majors and count as a science credit, with lab (ie, it shouldn't be the equivalent of Rocks for Jocks - it should be populated by bio people, not by poets). Spend some time looking at the course catalogs. Then, get it checked out by the vet school of your dreams.

Some schools tell you what topics must be covered by your physics class (like thermodynamics, kinetics, etc...). That may help you decide. At my undergrad there wad general physics (non-calc based) and the calc based. Even though I took calc I ands II, I took general physics because schools don't require calc based. Moral of the post, find which onr covers the topics that you need that weren't covered in your first class and then find the one that is non calc based. You could proabably get by with the lowest physics offered that covers the topics you need. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah my uni is just Calc based I and II and non calc based I and II! Id figure out if that corresponds to either of yours.

You should first determine if the schools you plan on applying to require calculus based Physics. If not, College Physics II should satisfy the pre-req requirement. Good luck and Best wishes.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to figure out what the schools I plan on applying to require (after my seminar I have to give Wed.):eek: It's a pretty cool topic, noninvasive genetic sampling. Basically saying how to get DNA from hair and poop. Sorry, I digress. I'm so worried that I'll do something wrong in the whole application process and it will come back to bite me in the butt later.

Thanks again!!!

-Snakegal