Onco research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvh78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if any of you interested in Hem/Onc tell me what to do with research. Its kinda crazy to be involved in an onco research. I have been working on it for a while and now my attending is telling me that may be we're on the wrong path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onco research has a different world compare to the other fields. My osteoporosis and HTN research going on very promising but this one is really annoying.
Its hard to be involved in an onco research as an intern and on the other side you need to do somthing to support your application.
please help me

Members don't see this ad.

You sould get on board with a short project that is almost gauranteed to be published. This almost allways means doing laboratory research. I'm doing a project this summer where we test the efficacy of a specific chemo combined with hyperthermia therapy. I get to play with rats. We already know the chemo works so more than likely I will be able to publish (1st author). Basically they need this study done before clinical trials begin.

kvh78 said:
if any of you interested in Hem/Onc tell me what to do with research. Its kinda crazy to be involved in an onco research. I have been working on it for a while and now my attending is telling me that may be we're on the wrong path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onco research has a different world compare to the other fields. My osteoporosis and HTN research going on very promising but this one is really annoying.
Its hard to be involved in an onco research as an intern and on the other side you need to do somthing to support your application.
please help me

True. It requires time. Maybe you can do some literature search and focus on some more topics?