Once Secondaries start rolling in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FowlersGap

The Original Knight Rider
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't started shadowing a DO yet; but have everything set up for this summer so I probably won't have a DO letter for a few months
I read somewhere that secondaries are due a month after they send them to you; does that mean that letters of rec are due in that one month window as well?
I don't want to delay submitting my app; but I want to wait until I have a DO letter secured to send to schools
any tips or ideas about how long I should wait to send my app?

Members don't see this ad.

FowlersGap,

I am not particularly familiar with any "deadlines" with respect to secondaries. The most important thing is to complete your applicant file as soon as possible so that your your complete file will ge reviewed ASAP (I am of the impression that most schools will not review your application file until it is complete; secondary, application fee, LORs, etc). At Western, you are advised to complete your secondary application within a month, otherwise significant delays may prevent the timely review of your application.

If I were in your shoes, I would see if I could secure last year's secondaries, then fill them out now, so that you can submit everything super fast, and continue to update your file as noe LORs and such make themselves available...

Hope this helps,

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]