On Hold at Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I really need some advice... I recently received an "on hold" letter from Penn State post interview. This school is my first choice program, and I am wondering what I can possibly do to maximize my chances of being taken off the hold list. Do you think a letter of intent would be appropriate? How about additional recommendations? Do you guys know what % of students on the Penn State hold list eventually get taken off?

Thank you so much and hopefully I will be able to share some good news in a few months... :(

Members don't see this ad.

if it is your first choice then a letter of intent is in order.

addn letter of recs wouldnt hurt unless pennst said not to send any extra stuff.

i dont believe anyone on here knows the percentage of people getting off the post interview hold list. sorry.

and finally. good luck. find out if they have a ranked list and how that whole process goes.

Thank you very much. Do you think I should send the letter of intent ASAP or wait a few months until they interviewed more applicants? I believe the decision of whether or not one comes off the hold list does not come until May. Should I wait until February or March to send out the letter?

Thanks again...

well make sure you take some time in writing the LOI.....pointing out all the reasons you feel you fit the Penn St. program and why it is your first choice.

send your addn LORs with it too...