• On a scale from 1-10, where would you rate your dentistry knowledge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkpari27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting interview question and I'm curious to see how you guys would approach this!

Members don't see this ad.

In relative to what?
10 being the top dentists in the world?
Or 10 being top predents in the world?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would take the humble route, unless youre an RDH or something

1.... that why dental school if 4 yrs long (3 in one case). To which you can add any residencies, continuing education, etc.
Just think about all the knowledge you accumulated during undergrad in 4 years.... except for dental school you are in classes all day (at least for the first 2 years).
Maybe it is my personality, but I feel like I always have more to learn.

Predental knowledge is diff than dental knowledge.

If it were dental knowledge, I would say a 1, "but thats why I am here, to change that 1 to a 10 at your school" lol jk

I think its knowledge about the field of dentistry, not the techinical stuff like procedures and treatments and all that cuz obviously we don't know tat yet.

I would take the humble route, unless youre an RDH or something
yeah humble route is always safer, but they also want you to know enough about the field to know what your getting yourself into..so I'm not sure, I think I would say 4 or 5.

i am a modest person, so i am going to say 9.9, that's why i need to go to dental school to get that 0.1 and get my license, damn these formalities, back in asia much can be overlooked sigh...

personally, I would say it ranges. anywhere from an 11.2 to 12.3. It's hard to say though. Sometimes you feel real good and you're like "Yeah, I'm AWESOME. I have so much dental knowledge right now." Then, you have a downer day and you're like "MAN! Where did all these skills go??" But overall, I would say I have an abundant amount of dental knowledge.

Seriously though, I think its pretty safe to say that we are all at a 0. Relatively speaking.

i am a modest person, so i am going to say 9.9, that's why i need to go to dental school to get that 0.1 and get my license, damn these formalities, back in asia much can be overlooked sigh...

lmao your really modest! :D