OMM review books for COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladysmanfelpz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been mainly focusing on step 1 for board prep so far but realized I need to throw some Comlex prep in there as well. What are you all using and what do you recommend as a good source for OMT review?

As far as questions banks, I think Combank, now TrueLearn, should do it for me, but I am talking a readable review source. Our school recommends the Savarese book, but some of my friends have it and I don't find it very helpful. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, idk. Just seeing if there are any other recommendations out there that I should go for before I end up spending another $100 on amazon for board materials :inpain:.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of us use the Savarese green book for OMM review. It’s not great, but I guess it’s better than nothing. Definitely memorize the sympathetically/parasympathetic levels and Chapman points. I’ve only used COMBANK and Savarese to study for COMLEX towards the end of my dedicated board prep time. I mainly studied for USMLE. Online Med Ed now has OMM videos.

I heard they made a new Savarese edition? Might also want to use the dirtyUSMLE YouTube channel that now has the free version of OMG OMT

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I've been mainly focusing on step 1 for board prep so far but realized I need to throw some Comlex prep in there as well. What are you all using and what do you recommend as a good source for OMT review?

As far as questions banks, I think Combank, now TrueLearn, should do it for me, but I am talking a readable review source. Our school recommends the Savarese book, but some of my friends have it and I don't find it very helpful. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, idk. Just seeing if there are any other recommendations out there that I should go for before I end up spending another $100 on amazon for board materials :inpain:.
pathturnup has an OMM deck for anki. I think that may be worthwhile. I have used basically every OMM resource, and they all tend to disagree with each other on sympathetic levels, treatments for chatmans points etc. Its a really annoying thing to study because you 'kind of' have an idea of what the right answer is, but not really.

Savarese just updated the green book, and I still think thats the best. The questions are probably best from COMBANK, tho honestly, COMBANK is like the easy questions, but the other questions that are asked you basically can't know ahead of time.

Focus on the high yield, and then work on everything else. Also OMM loves to pretend its ortho, so all those physical exam maneuvers that won't see most physicians doing are fair game. They love the 'you can't flex and abbuct the arm, what is wrong' type questions, or the 'what test would you use.'

Last edited:
Anki, questions and either OMG or OMED. You can use my deck too. You can find it on reddit same name. There's a couple others, the original sucks tho.
Really you just got to grind it out for the levels and comats.

Reactions: 1 users
- OnlineMedEd now has 25 free video lectures (10-20min each)
- DirtyUSMLE is FANTASTIC review and now has OMGOMT videos as previously mentioned
- See what's passing around your class (hopefully high yield OMM review notes and not STIs). My school had a 40pg document that was basically all you needed to know for OMM questions (on top of the traditional studying already needed for Step).

I will maintain that while Savarese has the content needed, it is a crap book that should not exist if there was any reasonable competition.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I have the new Savarese book. It’s pretty great. Should be all you need for the boards.

The website is no longer! Can anyone tag the OMGOMT person? I don't remember who they were. My other post was shut down bc someone thought I was asking for copyrighted materials lol. I was only trying to figure out where they are now.

The website is no longer! Can anyone tag the OMGOMT person? I don't remember who they were. My other post was shut down bc someone thought I was asking for copyrighted materials lol. I was only trying to figure out where they are now.
I reported el newbie mod and left him a nice note about OMGOMTs history. He clearly had no clue. Hmm, @omgomt appears to be no more. That website is now flagged by mozilla as having an incorrect timestamp as well. I wouldn't go there.

The funny thing is I might be one of the few people who had a 2 year subscription before they shut down. I thought the videos would be useful for PE. Not sure how they went broke when people where getting their service like mad.

He does dirty usmle too, he might say something in one of the videos or on that Facebook page.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ the link is shared by DirtyUSMLE's new youtube video. The site is up and running (link @samac) posted. I just registered an account, it's currentlt $39/month. seems like the videos are short enough where you can knock them out relatively quick. Going to hopefully try to before my school's comsae lol

^^ the link is shared by DirtyUSMLE's new youtube video. The site is up and running (link @samac) posted. I just registered an account, it's currentlt $39/month. seems like the videos are short enough where you can knock them out relatively quick. Going to hopefully try to before my school's comsae lol
If it's paid, it is not worth it. There is another series on YT called "Didactics Online" that pretty much covers the same stuff, or you can go with the trusty ol' green book

Fun fact the new addition of the green book has a Qbank you can access for 15 days.
Edit: I’d like to note I just activated and I’ve done about 30+ questions and it is a struggle-bus.
They had a question that gave you L5 and a bunch of other findings, and asked for a diagnosis. Picked a sacrum one and they stated it was wrong because it didn’t give enough information (it was the correct diagnosis based on L5). It definitely needs some work.

Last edited:
Fun fact the new addition of the green book has a Qbank you can access for 15 days.
Edit: I’d like to note I just activated and I’ve done about 30+ questions and it is a struggle-bus.
They had a question that gave you L5 and a bunch of other findings, and asked for a diagnosis. Picked a sacrum one and they stated it was wrong because it didn’t give enough information (it was the correct diagnosis based on L5). It definitely needs some work.
sounds about right for anything combank or comlex related

Pftt!?!? You thought you could diagnosis the sacrum based on L5 diagnosis. Thats nonsense, what are you a chiropractor?;)

For what it's worth, given the recent new COMSAE's/OMM COMATs, I really don't think that the green book is enough. Yes, it's absolutely better than nothing, but it's still pretty superficial compared to what you need to know unfortunately. I think that the questions are getting a bit harder than just "Where can you locate the Chapman's point for the Gall Bladder?". Treatments seem to be emphasized a lot more.

For what it's worth, given the recent new COMSAE's/OMM COMATs, I really don't think that the green book is enough. Yes, it's absolutely better than nothing, but it's still pretty superficial compared to what you need to know unfortunately. I think that the questions are getting a bit harder than just "Where can you locate the Chapman's point for the Gall Bladder?". Treatments seem to be emphasized a lot more.
OMM COMATs are old stuff, but I do agree, the questions are getting much more esoteric, and they are going into the realm where no one agrees. So the best strategy is still to know the high yield and just do your best on the others. No one agrees on proper 'muscle energy' for the random leg muscles. If the sources all disagree, how is that ever appropriate to test? But this is OMM, and made up nonsense is what it is all about.

Absolutely agree with this 100%. Knowing the treatments are so important now. This is why I am making a course about OMM. Nothing out there right now really does a good job in my opinion.

They have for sure gotten harder too. Gone are the days when you could just know a chapmans point to get a question right. Much more involved now... if that is a thing for OMM....

N=1, but the OPP on the actual COMLEX was much simpler than that on the COMSAEs. The Green book was more than enough!

I would take a look at this but I am past boards and the price is a bit steep for me. Good luck man looks like you killed it.

Last edited by a moderator: