Omg Bushbaby Got In!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I was on the train home with my sister yesterday and we were just talking so she says "oh which school did you interview at because you have a message on the answering machine at home from some medical school...I think it's robert wood or something". So I was like "uh" I thought she was talking about a postcard some school sent me two weeks ago. But then she said the lady said she had some "very good news for me"....so ofcourse I related my interview at Robert wood with the good news phone message to only mean that I got in. (mind u two weeks ago I received a letter stating that I was in competitive catergory but a decision will be made as to my acceptance or waitlist status).

I was surprised because this is the interview I showed up 30mins late to. I interviewed with the dean and I was ABSOLUTELY sure there was no way she would let me. Frankly, I thought her attitude towards me during the interview was "keep talking, but you still are not getting accepted...I am only doing this because it's procedure before we reject you"....I didn't get a good vibe from the interview AT ALL mostly because I came in late and I thought she already say that as a negative...plus she asked why I submitted the EXACT same application (personal essay and LOR's) as I did two years ago. She recommended that I send in new LOR from my grad prof and employer. I did as she advised.

Anyway so I listened to the message and it turns out that she called TWO DAYS AGO (tuesday) and left the message (today is thursday). So I, ofcourse, call her first thing when I get to work and VIOLA...I GOT IN. I can't believe it.

After three F'ing MCATS.....hahahahahaha...I am soo happy. It's not my #1 choice but at least come september I know I am going to MEDICAL SCHOOL...I am soo happy. I can quit this stupid job....HURRAY......

WOW...so this is what it feels like.....

BURN MCAT BOOKS.....BURNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations BushBaby!

You're gonna be a doctor! Yay!

I second the burning of the MCAT books!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by BushBaby
VIOLA...I GOT IN. I can't believe it.

After three F'ing MCATS.....hahahahahaha...I am soo happy. It's not my #1 choice but at least come september I know I am going to MEDICAL SCHOOL...I am soo happy. I can quit this stupid job....HURRAY......

WOW...so this is what it feels like.....

BURN MCAT BOOKS.....BURNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrads.........:clap:

Someday I'll be there...well not at the same school...but you know what I mean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how they have those flash mobs that organize over e-mail?

We should organize a series of flashmobs around the country and have MCAT-Book Bonfires. (We can call them MBB's and start a thread....?)

Hopefully our smoke signals would be seen by the American people and they would get a sense of what it takes to become those privileged individuals we call doctors.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Girl I'm like screammmmmmmmmming!BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!!! Technically since she called tuesday, you got in tuesday, WE GOT IN ON THE SAME DAY!!! I did the whole MCAT thing 3x too :p It's our time to shine. Ok its your Awards show, time to give your shoutouts... :D :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:D

BURN THE BOOKS!!!!

Congratulations, bushbaby! :clap:

In my opinion, anyone willing to take the MCAT 3 times deserves an automatic admission.

Originally posted by Optimist
Congratulations, bushbaby! :clap:

In my opinion, anyone willing to take the MCAT 3 times deserves an automatic admission.

GOOD CALL

Bushbay its too early, put the bottle down!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
WORK IT OUT!!! :clap:

(singing: "MCAT books roasting on an open fire. . .")

Congrats Bushbaby. Now it is time for the obligatory clapping guys.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by lotanna
Bushbay its too early, put the bottle down!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't help it..it's in my blood.

Thanks everyone...I am still shocked. I mean I had such bad vibes about this interview...but this just goes to show that you never know and never give up hope. This was my first interview during this process.

We should all get together and burn our mcat books. If not, then I have FREE materials to give away. Put a fork in me cause I am officially DONE!!! :clap:

Man oh man...three mcats... :rolleyes: it's worth it man. Trust me if you truly want to be a doctor, never give because just never know, your next try might just be it.

This is a great way to start my weekend....I still can't believe it. I am still waiting for the letter which goes out today.

yay bushbaby :clap: :clap: :clap:

drinks are on me
food-smiley-004.gif

Well done, Bushbaby! We're all proud of you here!:)

Originally posted by BushBaby
I can't help it..it's in my blood.

Thanks everyone...I am still shocked. I mean I had such bad vibes about this interview...but this just goes to show that you never know and never give up hope. This was my first interview during this process.

We should all get together and burn our mcat books. If not, then I have FREE materials to give away. Put a fork in me cause I am officially DONE!!! :clap:

Man oh man...three mcats... :rolleyes: it's worth it man. Trust me if you truly want to be a doctor, never give because just never know, your next try might just be it.

This is a great way to start my weekend....I still can't believe it. I am still waiting for the letter which goes out today.

Girl thats the way to go, I would have taken the MCAT 10x if I had to...ok maybe not 10x, but u get me :D
Always follow your heart's desire, Its not a matter of If you'll be a doctor but WHEN!!
I'm like so loving life right now. Bushbaby have 2 bottles, celebrate my acceptance with yours :clap:

Congratulations, Bush Baby!!!!

Originally posted by BioMedResearch
You know how they have those flash mobs that organize over e-mail?

We should organize a series of flashmobs around the country and have MCAT-Book Bonfires. (We can call them MBB's and start a thread....?)

Hopefully our smoke signals would be seen by the American people and they would get a sense of what it takes to become those privileged individuals we call doctors.

Congrats! I totally agree. I was going to sell my MCAT book to recoup some of the money I've spent, but now that they're two years old, nobody will want them...so yup, they're going to burn! or maybe I'll give them to my puppy to tear apart.

OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :clap:

i'd jump up and scream for you, but i'm at work right now, and i think my co-workers will think i've lost my mind (well, they already think i'm crazy, so.. :D).

I'm SO SO SO happy for you BushBaby!

YAy!!!! 3 times, woww, that's dedication. :clap: :clap: :clap:

omg bushbaby! after watching your cycles, i am SO EXCITED FOR YOU! congratulations!

obligatory clappies: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: C O N G R A T S :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been following your progress for some time, hoping you would get in, this application cycle. It just goes to show that persistence pays off. Thank gawd no more MCRAP for you. I mean MCAT. YAY :)

confewshz

:clap: :clap: :clap: CONGRATS BUSHBABY :clap: :clap: :clap:

woooohooo :clap: :clap: :clap: congrats :thumbup:

CONGRATZ BUSHBABY!!!! suh-weet

Congrats on your acceptance. I was wondering if you could tell me your stats and when you interviewd? I recently interviewed at RWJ and was kind of lukewarm about the interview. He was nice, but didn't seem to interested when I tried to engage him. I hope to get in as I don't have an acceptance as yet. Thanks alot and once again congratulations.

Originally posted by hypersting
Congrats on your acceptance. I was wondering if you could tell me your stats and when you interviewd? I recently interviewed at RWJ and was kind of lukewarm about the interview. He was nice, but didn't seem to interested when I tried to engage him. I hope to get in as I don't have an acceptance as yet. Thanks alot and once again congratulations.

Remember each application is different, so I dont think her telling her stats will really help much, or accurately predict if you'll get in.

awwww, i am so happy for you!! congrats!!

PS----you should also dump that one dude you had a thread about, the one that didn't treat you right. (i haven't read a post from you in a while, so i don't know if you already did). Then, you'll have two great things to celebrate!! Go girl!! :clap: :)

Originally posted by hypersting

Don't fret...you never know what the outcome will be. Like I said, I thought my interview was straight from hell but look what happened. In the years before I had (what I thought) was great interviews and that landed me only on the waitlist...so you can't tell what goes on the mind of these people.

Just never give up hope...;)

Like Lotanna said, every file is different. Because your friend with a 35mcat got in doesn't mean you will also get in. I knew people last year with less mcats than mine and they got into the same schools I got waitlisted at. I was upset at the process but I learned that it just wasn't "my" time, so I let it go and I tried again.

Originally posted by bennet
awwww, i am so happy for you!! congrats!!

PS----you should also dump that one dude you had a thread about, the one that didn't treat you right. (i haven't read a post from you in a while, so i don't know if you already did). Then, you'll have two great things to celebrate!! Go girl!! :clap: :)

:laugh: thanks for the advise....I have lots to celebrate now.

Congrats!!!!!! I've been following your posts for almost a year already and you definitely deserve this acceptance.

Now keep on partying all through the night!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats bushbsby!!! I wish you all the luck in med school. Just knowing that you were persistent in the process I'm sure you'll be successful in school. again congrats!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aww, congratulations!! You are definately a poster on SDN whose story I know people follow; I'm absolutely thrilled for you; I just lit up when I came onto SDN and saw your thread. Enjoy this!! :) What a wonderful Christmas!

This is a very nice thread. I like to see people being supportive of each other. Congrats!

congrats bushbaby!

Congratulations BushBaby! I hope there are many more acceptances to come to yourself and all of SDN applicants! :clap: :clap:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you girl! Woohoo! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember following your MCAT posts when I was studying for mine...you stuck with this through some pretty rough times.

Enjoy the new year! August will be here before you know it!

Deirdre

I posted earlier asking for stats. If you don't want to tell, thats fine too. It was just to give me a rough guage as to how much role stats play post-interview. Obviously, comparing myself one to one with you would be foolish and thats not the reason I asked. Also, how long did you have to wait post-interview? Did you send thank you notes or a letter of interest? I'm just asking to gather as much information myself. I would hate to apply again. Also, I want to thank all of you people, I just found out about this site a few days ago and there's a wealth of information on here. Thanks

wooo hoooo!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so glad I braved pre-allo otherwise I might have missed this!!!!! look at all the old school peeps coming out of the wood work for you!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Go girl,

I am here from back in the day and I remember your story...congrats..you have worked hard and you deserve it..party up girl...:clap:

I followed your quest along with others last year and the way you counted down the summer waitlist days, I read on and on like a novel and was crushed when you didn't get in.

But you should rewrite the end of those threads and write this happy ending now, I am so happy for you. Your family must be so proud of you! :)

You really wanted this, so don't forget it when school starts and you get a little stressed out sometimes: you really, really wanted this! ;)

hypersting, drop it. This thread has made it 48 posts without talking about you know what. Let's try to keep it up......