OMFS 1 Year Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Battle Sign

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in doing a one year OMFS Internship. Are these positions advertised before match? I've been told that some programs have a tendency to take their interns the following year for residency is this true? Does anyone know a few of the better one year opportunities or where to find out about them? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in doing a one year OMFS Internship. Are these positions advertised before match? I've been told that some programs have a tendency to take their interns the following year for residency is this true? Does anyone know a few of the better one year opportunities or where to find out about them? Thanks

I need this info too.Any idea how to apply to internship positions .can anyone name few omfs internships where international dentists can apply.
Any response would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

There is an opening at Temple University for an Intern now. If you are interested, call the residency coordinator at (215) 707-7138.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an intern at JPS which is an affliliate hospital of the Parkland program. It is a solid internship, I without reservation can recommend it. I'm definately not sitting out a year but getting an extra year of training. You can google it and find out more on the wedsite. If you want more information PM me.

HEY BACANA
Can you please explain the detail about the program
Thank You:D

JPS in Fort Worth starts calling applicants on match day. If you would like to be considered for one of the four internship positions fax your info to 817-927-1497 or email [email protected]
Info Needed:
CV
Dental school transcripts (obviously, copies are fine for now)
Undergrad transcripts (obviously, copies are fine for now)
Part 1 of Board scores
2 letters of recommendation from your dental school faculty

FYI - Dr. Stella reviews everyone's info sent in. He decides on the interns he wants and calls you the same day to do a phone interview... Don't get caught off guard if he offers you an internship spot right then. Everything happens pretty quickly after match.

Reactions: 1 user
My program has two positions each year. Super busy, broad scoped program, in a great city to live in.

I hear the Long Beach VA has an awesome OMFS internship (Despite not having an OMFS program), and UF-Jacksonville is taking a non-categorical intern this year, which promises to be an awesome experience.

Last edited:
JPS in Fort Worth is an amazing internship. One full year of Parkland training...and ridiculously hot ICU nurses.

Reactions: 1 user