OME/onlinemeded intern bootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

verren

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone out there has tried it and any opinions?

I know it's not much money to spend to support a great service that many of us have used for free to do well in med school--but my question right now isn't whether it's worth it or not; rather is it useful? does it actually help?

Thanks!
(and sorry if this is in the wrong forum, really not sure where this should go)

Members don't see this ad.

I found it worth the money - but chances are you're going to get CME money so I would wait until you can get reimbursed. Most of it was very useful - particularly how to manage patient lists/how to present well/how to do consults over the phone, and I still have the list of translations for doctor terms --> billing terms (ex we say urosepsis, you have to write sepsis secondary to UTI for billing purposes). Some of it seemed more common sense to me (ie don't be a douche) ..but hey maybe it's a new lesson for some people :D.

I was planning to sit the next year interns down and have them watch some of the videos when I mentor them. I also highly recommend the intern book they sell, it's great for starting out. Some of the material in that book overlaps with the videos but I found both worth the CME money.

Reactions: 2 users