Oklahoma State c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For vet school, you can live anywhere. During 4th year there is a distance requirement but it is relatively unrestrictive.

If you are referring to undergrad, I have no idea. ;)

Undergrad doesn’t have to either, not that it’s really relevant. Lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Undergrad doesn’t have to either, not that it’s really relevant. Lol.
Oh really? I was under the impression that unless there were extenuating circumstances (parents own house in Stillwater) you had to live in the dorm/ Greek housing for the first year

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guysss sorry to bother again. So I was looking for housing and some else in the school told me that freshman are asked to live on campus. So I am a little bit confused now and could anyone give me an exact info about this or someone I can contact and ask? Thanks a lot!

Hey guysss sorry to bother again. So I was looking for housing and some else in the school told me that freshman are asked to live on campus. So I am a little bit confused now and could anyone give me an exact info about this or someone I can contact and ask? Thanks a lot!
Undergrad freshmen are. First year vet students are not.

Reactions: 1 user

Vet students definitely do not have to live on campus. I have been living in a duplex off campus with my cats since 1st year. If you haven’t joined your class’ Facebook page (Log into Facebook | Facebook) I would suggest you do so. There are generally many housing posts during the summer.

Best of luck finding a place to live and enjoy your summer prior to all the craziness starting! :p

Vet students definitely do not have to live on campus. I have been living in a duplex off campus with my cats since 1st year. If you haven’t joined your class’ Facebook page (Log into Facebook | Facebook) I would suggest you do so. There are generally many housing posts during the summer.

Best of luck finding a place to live and enjoy your summer prior to all the craziness starting! :p

I appreciate how many veterinary students think of themselves as "freshmen", though. :p

Lol they definitely thought I am an undergraduate because I used the term "freshman", got get rid of this habit! :cigar:

I don’t recall that. But I started my freshman year in 2004... and I did live on campus anyway, so.
Okay I had to look it up because it was making me crazy, but yes, when I started my freshman year in 2014 they required all freshmen to live on campus. They still do! Exceptions are made in some instances, but for the most part all live on campus

Okay I had to look it up because it was making me crazy, but yes, when I started my freshman year in 2014 they required all freshmen to live on campus. They still do! Exceptions are made in some instances, but for the most part all live on campus

I don’t remember it, but it doesn’t mean that it didn’t exist (ten years prior when you were in the second grade or whatever). I just don’t remember.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anna said she is still calling. From the sounds of it she is close to filling, but things are still dynamic as people get called off other waitlists. She said everyone will be informed when all the spots have been accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Slowly dying and glued to my phone.... need to learn to have more patience ;)

I don’t remember it, but it doesn’t mean that it didn’t exist (ten years prior when you were in the second grade or whatever). I just don’t remember.
When I was a freshman in 2006 it was required, but lived off campus with my brother that was 21.

Anna said she is still calling. From the sounds of it she is close to filling, but things are still dynamic as people get called off other waitlists. She said everyone will be informed when all the spots have been accepted.

I emailed her also but I was told she didn't anticipate being done calling until closer to June.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, this makes my heart break a little. But I’m determined to stay hopeful!

When I emailed yesterday she said she is still calling, and that it can take until mid June to finish. This thread has been kind of quiet so I thought I 'd give an update for those still wondering if calls are still happening!

When I emailed yesterday she said she is still calling, and that it can take until mid June to finish. This thread has been kind of quiet so I thought I 'd give an update for those still wondering if calls are still happening!

Not gonna lie, this makes my heart break a little. But I’m determined to stay hopeful!

I got off the In-State waitlist last year on June 2nd! Don't give up hope and good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I had accepted an OOS position at okstate but got offered a contract seat for my state from Mississippi state so I will be giving up my accepted seat at okstate. I hope this helps someone out ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
Dang. They were on the ball this year making decisions. haha

Congrats everyone! Alternates remember that most OOS are placed there til spring grades can be looked at, then they start pulling very deep. Hang in there! :biglove:

I will be a 4th year when you come in, and I have been here a good while thanks to a couple years of PhD work, so ask away with any questions you may have. Cdo can answer your first year class questions better since a few things have changed since my time there though. lol
I saw on the email they sent with the important dates that IS students won't be called off until spring grades are due (June 1st), whereas OOS could be called of after April 16th. Do they typically wait until spring grades are in to start making decisions on both lists or just IS? Just wondering because I am an OOS alternates and have not heard anything yet, so is that typical and should I keep holding out until transcripts are due? Or, should I start making arrangements to reapply?

I saw on the email they sent with the important dates that IS students won't be called off until spring grades are due (June 1st), whereas OOS could be called of after April 16th. Do they typically wait until spring grades are in to start making decisions on both lists or just IS? Just wondering because I am an OOS alternates and have not heard anything yet, so is that typical and should I keep holding out until transcripts are due? Or, should I start making arrangements to reapply?
Although things can be in flux long into summer, as I mentioned earlier, Anna had said the OOS seats were mostly filled last I talked to her. So though it is probably still moving, no more than a few spots at a time is likely the molasses speed right now. So no, they started calling OOS after the April deadline. You can send her an email and ask where they are at currently on filling the class though. She is the sweetest.

I got my call this morning! I'm sending my deposit!

Reactions: 15 users
It's still kind of surreal to think about. The day I got the call, it was around 9am and I was still in bed, bolted up when I saw Stillwater on the screen :laugh: I am sooo relieved and excited man. Planning on making a family road trip up there, probably in July.

Reactions: 2 users
It's still kind of surreal to think about. The day I got the call, it was around 9am and I was still in bed, bolted up when I saw Stillwater on the screen :laugh: I am sooo relieved and excited man. Planning on making a family road trip up there, probably in July.
If you need housing suggestions hmu! I think I posted a big post earlier but I can’t remember lol

Yo when I got the call from Illinois I was at work and saw Urbana pop up and basically sprinted to the back. And then hyperventilated on the phone

Yo when I got the call from Illinois I was at work and saw Urbana pop up and basically sprinted to the back. And then hyperventilated on the phone
Weirdly I wasn't even jittery/heart-pounding when I answered the phone! After all the waiting (and some false alarms from spam calls :rage:) I just felt pure happiness and relief (disbelief?)

When I told Anna I'd been waiting for this call she said she loves getting those good reactions like people screaming and stuff, because some people she calls seem "frustrated" that they've already accepted at another school or something? :laugh:

Weirdly I wasn't even jittery/heart-pounding when I answered the phone! After all the waiting (and some false alarms from spam calls :rage:) I just felt pure happiness and relief (disbelief?)

When I told Anna I'd been waiting for this call she said she loves getting those good reactions like people screaming and stuff, because some people she calls seem "frustrated" that they've already accepted at another school or something? :laugh:
I was almost to the point of crying from happiness and was basically hyperventilating to keep myself from doing so while at work :laugh:
There was a huge amount of relief and disbelief as well.

But like
If you’ve already accepted at another school, why stay on the waitlist unless you would go there if accepted?? Why get frustrated that you submitted a deposit somewhere and then got a call from another school? Yeah you’re forfeiting that deposit but if you weren’t willing to forfeit that, why stay on the list???

Hi everyone!!

I hope people still look at this- I am a prospective transfer student and am trying to gauge how many possible seats (if any) there may be open after your first semester- going into second ??

hoping someone might be able to provide me with a little more information!

Hi everyone!!

I hope people still look at this- I am a prospective transfer student and am trying to gauge how many possible seats (if any) there may be open after your first semester- going into second ??

Depends on how many people fail out, if any

Hi everyone!!

well the historic first year failer no longer teaches, so it’s different from when I was a first year. But yeah, I’m sure there will be transfer seats. We had 5 leave before finals, and then with our D system, we ended up having 10 more not be invited back!

There’s usually always room for a couple transfers!

well the historic first year failer no longer teaches, so it’s different from when I was a first year. But yeah, I’m sure there will be transfer seats. We had 5 leave before finals, and then with our D system, we ended up having 10 more not be invited back!

thanks so much!! that gives me some hope !

trying to gauge how many possible seats (if any) there may be open after your first semester- going into second ??

^^also curious about this , does anyone have any updates? Nervous wreck heading into the holidays/ finals and afraid I won't get an answer until after OSU finishes finals ... but the deadline is Dec. 1 so who knows:bag:

^^also curious about this , does anyone have any updates? Nervous wreck heading into the holidays/ finals and afraid I won't get an answer until after OSU finishes finals ... but the deadline is Dec. 1 so who knows:bag:
Uhhh I don’t know of any openings at this time, but I’m not a first year so it’s possible there might be a few? We had a lot, but apparently it’s rare

Hi everyone!!

just because I’m curious, were y’all able to end up transferring?

What is the D system?o_O Is it easy to fail out?

What is the D system?o_O Is it easy to fail out?
I'd have to look at the student handbook again for the specifics, but basically a D in first year classes is equivalent to an F. That being said though, they really do try to ease you in, and there is a lot of support from the school, peer mentors, and individual professors offered to anyone who should fall into the danger zone. For example, a lot of people were in danger of failing (D-ing) histology last semester, but the prof offered several opportunities for make-up points and I heard he also held special review sessions focused on aiding those who were struggling. So I would not say it is "easy to fail out", there were just some very difficult professors in certain classes prior to this year (well...there still are some difficult profs, but they really don't want so many people to fail again, and will work with the class on whatever concepts may be causing issues!)

For example, a lot of people were in danger of failing (D-ing) histology last semester, but the prof offered several opportunities for make-up points and I heard he also held special review sessions focused on aiding those who were struggling.
That didn’t happen to us but I’m really glad y’all had that!!