ohio website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

researchvet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I must be missing something, but can someone point me to the place on Ohio's website where they describe the details of their program? I've been hunting around their site and I can find lots of info. on admissions but not much on the actually program. When I click on "DVM Program" I just get taken back to the admissions page.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same problem as you. I was hoping to find that information before my interview, but couldn't. Of course my interviewers wanted to know why I was specifically interested in their program... I didn't have much to go on!

Yeah...their website is better organized than in past years...but there really isn't a place, that I've found anyway, that tells you about the actual program. I feel like I've stumbled across something a few years ago that I was never to find again. I asked my interviews some question about the program but still had good reasons to apply there as well so they didn't think I was a totally uninformed loser. Maybe I'll scout around again on the site...but I don't think there's much to go on.

Melissa

Members don't see this ad :)
There isn't a lot of information on the actual structure of the program on the website (as I just discovered by browsing through it). If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me and I can help you answer them. Just some helpful information: OSU does not track, clinics start in the spring quarter of junior year (full time), OSU has one of the largest (if not the largest) caseloads of any hospital in the US, and the class size is 140.

I remember that when I was hunting for the info. a year ago, I found curriculum information in the student handbook. I'm not sure where exactly it is on there (probably under current students). Feel free to PM me too if you have questions/want one person's perspective.