Ohio State Interview on 12/4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mo007

Gifted Hands
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck Mo007!!!! I know you would really like to get in here!!!

I'll be there too! Good luck Mo and anybody else interviewing. OSU is my first choice, I'd give my left arm to be there (not the right arm though cause I'm gonna need that if I wanna be a dentist hehe) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
:D

Thanks guys!

Good Luck to All

HangOnSloopy said:
I'll be there too! Good luck Mo and anybody else interviewing. OSU is my first choice, I'd give my left arm to be there (not the right arm though cause I'm gonna need that if I wanna be a dentist hehe) :D
Great school - definetly my #1 choice too, even though the weakness of the school was an obvious one. ;)

Here are few things I found out from an admissions counselor (Dr. West) at the interview, regarding this years admissions process;

- Class size is set to 104, 26 seats for non-residents, 78 for residents.

- The school received about 1100 applicants so far this cycle (Deadline to apply was November 14th), 230-240 selected for interviews for the whole cycle.

- 2 more interview dates after 12/4, both in January 2005.

- About 140 students attended interviews @ OSU before 12/4 (100-105 non-residents, 30-35 residents). 33 (3 non-residents) interviewed on 12/4, a total 173 (about 65 residents) including 12/4 interviews. About 65-70 students still to be interviewed in January.

- The average GPA of those interviewed before 12/4 was 3.6+, DAT 20+.

- About 60 acceptances were mailed out before on Dec 1st. 28 non-residents (many waitlisted), and 32 residents (met couple who will go to other schools over OSU)

I think the in-staters have an excellent chance (for those interviewed on 12/4 and before). If all the in-staters interviewed so far got in (if all 60-65 got in), you would still be left with around 20 seats to fill at this point. January interviews also have a good chance, since not all 60-65 residents might not want to attend OSU (assuming they all got in) - and I met couple of accepted residents who are actually considering other schools over OSU - the number of available seats could be above 20 seats then, for these 65-70 students still to be interviewed. Currently, there is no waitlist for residents, only for non-residents.

For some reason, a record number of non-residents applied this cycle, and unusual (low) number of residents applied. Do the maths for your chances if you are applying to OSU this year (this is a state school)! :idea:

:thumbup:

when did you find all this out Mo? On the bus ride? lol

It was nice to meet you, and everybody else who was there. I felt really comfortable with my interview and I'm very eager to find out :) I was told that we could expect a decision anytime between this week and January 31st, so hopefully its sooner than later.

HangOnSloopy said:
when did you find all this out Mo?
Dr. West. She was at the interview, a black lady with short grey-ish hair, and glasses.

By the way, you can call the school on Tuesday to check if you got in or not, they might hold some acceptances until January 31, 2005 - to see if January candidates have something more to offer.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Mo007 said:
Dr. West. She was at the interview, a black lady with short grey-ish hair, and glasses.

By the way, you can call the school on Tuesday to check if you got in or not, they might hold some acceptances until January 31, 2005 - to see if January candidates have something more to offer.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Hey Mo, did you tell Dr. West while you were talking to her to hurry and pull me off the waiting list :) Just kiddin, hope to see you at OSU! I just can't wait to find out where I'm going. I just hope I hear from OSU before Jan 15th so I don't have to put a deposit down on another school...

quakinator said:
Hey Mo, did you tell Dr. West while you were talking to her to hurry and pull me off the waiting list :) Just kiddin, hope to see you at OSU! I just can't wait to find out where I'm going. I just hope I hear from OSU before Jan 15th so I don't have to put a deposit down on another school...
You will get in dude, Dr. West told me. :D (just kidding)!

At the 12/4 interview, everybody seemed they wanted to attend OSU, because of the attractive program (tuition, tradition, clinical program etc). I would say the non-residents are extremely competitive this year, same goes for residents too. OSU sent emails to people who are waiting to hear for acceptances; "Our Admissions Committee will continue to interview applicants through January 29, 2005. This year, our applicant pool is intensely competitive. Consequently, you may receive your admission decision as early as this week but no later than the first week in February". So you can guess, with your stats - 21/21/21 DAT, 3.5 GPA - and waitlised!!!?? - These stats can attract acceptances at any other school in a heart-beat, OSU knows that it has more to offer than other schools.

I still think you will make it, hang in there.

Anyone got into OSU, from 12/4 interview? - The decisions on 12/4 interviews are available today, if you call the school. They put a friend and I on the deferred list (not alternate list), for a secondary review on our files, that would be the next committee meeting, January 31, 2005.

:mad: ? - Very!