Ohio State housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cvqueen81

cvqueen81
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone who attends Ohio State College of Medicine,or live in Columbus, know about Country Club Apts? Could you tell me about the area? or any other places that are good for med students? Any answers would help :)

Members don't see this ad.

you should check out the meridian apartments. the location is really great. sorry, i dont know much about the ones you mentioned. also the quarry is very nice.

Hey. I'm not sure about "country club" apts, but I know that a lot of students live in the "colony club" apts. They are about a mile from campus. an older complex, but fairly quiet as most residents are older students and new grads. rent is reasonable.

the meridian is pretty new and much more expensive for the aesthetic appeal. the location can't be beat however, being just a five minute (or so) walk to the medical campus. the quarry, mentioned previously as well, is a ten minute drive to campus, also very nice and a bit pricey.

if you can make it out to cols, i would suggest coming out for a weekend and perusing different neighborhoods around the campus area. grandview is very nice, and there are a lot of private renters, most for very reasonable prices.

you should be able to get a 1bd relatively close to campus for 500-600/mo, 2bd for 600-700. For comparisons sake, i think you get a studio for that price at the quarry, and 1bd at the meridian run ~720-800.

hope some of this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
The Meridian is a good 15 minute walk to the medical school. It is past the expressway. It's close, but not that close.

They are having a special there for one bedrooms right now. All of them are $699, which free rent until Aug 1.

It is colony. But the meridian looks so old to me in the websites too much mahongany and cherry wood. Is it worth it?

The Meridian is horrible - do NOT live there. I have lived there for the past few years, and I am moving out ASAP. Trust me, it's not worth it - every med student I know who lives there hates it. We all want to move, but feel we have no choice but to stay... Luckily I found another place to live, but they only have 2 1 bedroom apartments left, and it's just as expensive as The Meridian.
But trust me - you do NOT want to live there, unless you find some sort of masochistic enjoyment in being frustrated.

cvqueen81 said:
It is colony. But the meridian looks so old to me in the websites too much mahongany and cherry wood. Is it worth it?