Ohio family medicine programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just wondering I am thinking of applying to fm this cycle and was wondering what you guys know about the programs in ohio. Are there some "hidden gems" out there? Also, are there any I should avoid? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

tatabox80 said:
Hi there,
Just wondering I am thinking of applying to fm this cycle and was wondering what you guys know about the programs in ohio. Are there some "hidden gems" out there? Also, are there any I should avoid? Thanks

My FP physician speaks highly of the program at Flower Hospital in Sylvania (outside of Toledo). She did her residency at Flower. She said it was more like the kind of practice that she was interested in...less inner city and more local community type of atmosphere.

HTH
Rena

I am the chief resident at the WWKnight family medicine residency in Toledo, Ohio. I can tell you that I started out as an EM resident and decided to switch to family medicine. I only applied to one program in Toledo which was the WW Knight program because of its reputation. One way to get a good idea of which programs in Toledo are considered "the best" is to look where the local medical students in Toledo do their residency. I went to the medical school in Toledo and knew of WW Knights' reputation. That's as impartial as I can be. Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
My FP physician speaks highly of the program at Flower Hospital in Sylvania (outside of Toledo). She did her residency at Flower. She said it was more like the kind of practice that she was interested in...less inner city and more local community type of atmosphere.
I just wanted to get some more input on the above program...any grads, current residents, past interviewees, etc...thanks!

The Christ Hospital/University of Cincinnati FM program is pretty dope. They have a sweet international health program with a well-established affiliation with Honduras and Tanzania. They also attract a large amount of people interested in working with underserved populations, so if this interests you, it's worth checking out.