Oh... poor kid.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Bob

CCM Fellowship PD
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of it from people urinating in the river in southeast Asia, but, as you said, this story is fishy, well-akin to the "line drive that hit me in the butt as I bent over at first plate, ripped through my pants and underwear, despite no evidence of either in my rectum, and is now lodge in my rectal vault".

I've heard of it from people urinating in the river in southeast Asia, but, as you said, this story is fishy, well-akin to the "line drive that hit me in the butt as I bent over at first plate, ripped through my pants and underwear, despite no evidence of either in my rectum, and is now lodge in my rectal vault".

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but doesn't the flow of urine go away from the urethra? So did the fish just plot out the most opportune time to jump from the boy's hand, and just bull's eye into the little guy's pee hole and lodge himself in the urethra? If you go into the EM forum they have lots of foreign body urethra stories like pencils, razor blades, ect., but this one takes the cake.

Vesical hirudiniasis: an unusual cause of bleeding from the urethra.
Paul AK, Islam N.

PMID: 16301731 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE