oh. my. God.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here I am this morning, halfway through the third section of Step 2, when all of a sudden all the computers on the other side of the room shut down, all the computers on my side of the room kick us out of the testing programs, and the exam administrators' entire room loses power. Apparently the transformer blew.

Subsequently, the whole testing site shuts down, and now I'm left having to reschedule the exam for the next earliest test date--in two weeks, when I start my transplant sub-i.

Fanf0ckingtabulous. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Here I am this morning, halfway through the third section of Step 2, when all of a sudden all the computers on the other side of the room shut down, all the computers on my side of the room kick us out of the testing programs, and the exam administrators' entire room loses power. Apparently the transformer blew.

Subsequently, the whole testing site shuts down, and now I'm left having to reschedule the exam for the next earliest test date--in two weeks, when I start my transplant sub-i.

:|

Gee whiz...
I took my exam the other day and I was in the middle of my last block, when someone turned off the lights, not knowing there was still a test in progress. It was 8 pm and people were getting ready to go home I guess... at least they didn't turn off the power altogether!

What a nightmare. I understand that things happen, but you'd expect a little more certainty considering how much we pay to take these stupid exams....Really there must be something the NBME can do to, although I'm sure its highly unlikely that they will. My condolences.....

Members don't see this ad :)

same thing happened to me....sort of. fortunately it happened early in the test after the first 50 questions. no pics or labs would show up. i had to reschedule for the next possible date over a month later during my cardiology rotation. fun stuff. if something like that happens you would think they would spot you 50 points.:laugh:

same thing happened to me....sort of. fortunately it happened early in the test after the first 50 questions. no pics or labs would show up. i had to reschedule for the next possible date over a month later during my cardiology rotation. fun stuff. if something like that happens you would think they would spot you 50 points.:laugh:

Did you have to retake an entirely new exam?

wow that totally sucks-when i took step 1-after block 5, the power went out in all the computers in the room-I was only 1 of two poeple in there and this other doofus looked like he was taking a profesional sesame street recognition exam from what I could see when I walked by so needless to say he was not concerned-but anyway in about 5 minutes they had everything bafck up and my tests let me started exactly where it shut off-he said everythign was backed up-thank god! sorry for your experience

That EFFIN sucks!!!!! I'm so sorry dude! (((((((HUGS))))))). You can't do much about it, so don't stress yourself out too much....just continue reviewing.....Good luck!

that's the worse thing i've heard in awhile. sorry, man.

I just got this email today:

"I was informed that you had been rescheduled by Prometric for your USMLE Step 2 examination on 9/8/06. However, when you took the Step 2 exam on 8/28/06 (btw, this date is wrong, idiots) you opened sections of the test. Therefore, you cannot retest without a permit. You will need to contact your registering entity, before we can issue you a permit. Please disregard the scheduled appointment for 9/8/06."

The test is the day after freaking tomorrow. Why the hell didn't they email me earlier? I specifically took two days off of my sub-i for this crap! And why the hell can't I take an exam that ended in a way that nobody had any control over!? And all this after I specifically asked Prometric whether or not I needed to get in touch w/ NBME, and they assured me I could take the exam without problem. This is twice in a row I may have to reschedule!!

Ok, I'm past caring now.

The computer I was using locked up with about 30 questions left on the exam. They rebooting the system and I completed it. I did receive a similar email to yours, though. Luckily, I was able to complete the exam. I know of other people who took the exam on 26 Jul that had similar computer issues.

The computer I was using locked up with about 30 questions left on the exam. They rebooting the system and I completed it. I did receive a similar email to yours, though. Luckily, I was able to complete the exam. I know of other people who took the exam on 26 Jul that had similar computer issues.

Yeah, apparently Prometric just got their $hit straight today and called me to let me know I actually can't take the exam tomorrow. I need to get another official permit and reschedule. They apparently didn't know what the procedure was and had to wait for NBME to tell them that I needed to get a new permit. What idiots. They all need to rot in hell.