~*~Official Yale University School of Medicine c/o 2012~*~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get the email on the new financial aid structure? :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

seriously though. ANYONE interested in talking about anything other than food?

anyone doing moot?

I will give it a try. <- Says the guys who refuses to do anything in the wilderness.....

Anyone else get the email on the new financial aid structure? :clap:

yea i got the email this afternoon as well. i won't know what it really means until i get my own financial package. hopefully that'll be sent out soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will give it a try. <- Says the guys who refuses to do anything in the wilderness.....

if you're not an outdoorsy type of person, you can skip MOOT and do New Haven SAY which is geared toward folks who want to volunteer and do community service...

so i'm on the yale waitlist and was curious what people thought of 2nd look...

thanks!

I was there for the first day of second look at it was an awesome second look. Really cool BBQ, amazing show the students put on, great dinners in New Haven. The prospective class was definitely one of the coolest I've encountered on second looks and everything had a friendly feel to it. The financial aid they are giving is definitely on the high end of places with generous scholarships. The staff and students really cared and it showed with the time and attention they put into this second look. I was blown away by Stanford that same weekend and am definitely going in the fall but you cannot go wrong with Yale it is also an amazing place.

I was there for the first day of second look at it was an awesome second look. Really cool BBQ, amazing show the students put on, great dinners in New Haven. The prospective class was definitely one of the coolest I've encountered on second looks and everything had a friendly feel to it. The financial aid they are giving is definitely on the high end of places with generous scholarships. The staff and students really cared and it showed with the time and attention they put into this second look. I was blown away by Stanford that same weekend and am definitely going in the fall but you cannot go wrong with Yale it is also an amazing place.

thanks so much for your input!

I am also on the wait list and would LOVE to join YSM class of 2012... was second look well attended? Did they say anything about how many students were accepted (average year, above, below)? Any insights you could share with those of us eagerly waiting would be much appreciated!

Hi all,
I heard a lot of great things about the Second Look Weekend. Too bad I couldn't go. :(
Did any of you go and meet with the financial aid director? What did you discuss?
Thanks!

any news from housing/finaid? i applied for both a loong while ago...and so far nothing.

any news from housing/finaid? i applied for both a loong while ago...and so far nothing.

The financial aid office told me yesterday that I would get my finaid package within a week.

Where are you considering living?

The financial aid office told me yesterday that I would get my finaid package within a week.

Where are you considering living?

Hey DrBiotech, I'm hoping to get a large room at Harkness Dorms. I requested permission for early arrival so I could have plenty of time to settle in as well as go on the MOOT. Hopefully they will accommodate.

So.. I've just been accepted off of the waitlist! I'm excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
So.. I've just been accepted off of the waitlist! I'm excited.

me 2!!! soooo excited...for people who went to 2nd look--any thoughts on living in the dorms versus off campus? i didn't get to see the dorms on my interview day

Hi MedRower and kgirl11 - Just wondering how you both heard good news from the waitlist? Did you call the admissions office, or were you called/e-mailed? Congrats and thanks!

Hi MedRower and kgirl11 - Just wondering how you both heard good news from the waitlist? Did you call the admissions office, or were you called/e-mailed? Congrats and thanks!

I just got in off the waitlist as well. I got an email from Richard Silverman, the director of admissions, a few days ago saying that he needed to talk to me ASAP. After exchanging messages, he called and told me.

Anyone have any news on the waitlist? Still moving? Class full for now? Yikes... I check my email, phone, and SDN waaaay too frequently. :(

is the housing assignment sent over snail mail? just wondering cuz i'm out of town, and won't be able to check until next month.

Anyone get their housing assignment yet? I only just recently submitted my application for Harkness, just curious what the turnaround time is.

Anyone get their housing assignment yet? I only just recently submitted my application for Harkness, just curious what the turnaround time is.

They said they're still working on the applications from weeks ago. I submitted mine a couple days ago. Sorry I am not much help :confused:

got my assignment today - Harkness medium (meh, could've been worse), so they are sending them out.

is the housing assignment sent over snail mail? just wondering cuz i'm out of town, and won't be able to check until next month.

They send it by email.

I just realized they stuck me on the quiet floor, crap.

got mine already. If you have your NetID activated, go look up your email alias in the yale phonebook (do a search for your name). You should be able to log onto the email server with your NetID and password once your alias shows up in the phone book.

Could anyone give me an idea of % matriculants are from Ivy league or equivalent and % from State schools per year? Appreciate your insights,