Official Yale Class Of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msafain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have fully decided, and withdrawn from every other school. Who are my future classmates?? :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

msafain said:
I have fully decided, and withdrawn from every other school. Who are my future classmates?? :D :D :D

After getting back from second look i know Yale is the place for me, i have withdrawn my other acceptances as well. I cant wait to see everyone in August

paintstick said:
After getting back from second look i know Yale is the place for me, i have withdrawn my other acceptances as well. I cant wait to see everyone in August

I'm almost 100% - it was a great weekend and I loved the people, the facilities, etc. How great was it to have a senior professor bartending in fishing waders at club med? I know many people frown on returning to dorm life, but I think it'd be tons of fun to be in Harkness. For those who didn't get a chance to check it out, CPSCY (the grad student union) is awesome. I was picturing some concrete monstrosity from the 70s, but it's in a beautiful old building near some of the senior societies with a dance floor and sweet bar in the basement - leather couches, pool tables etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazing, wonderful school. Congratulations to you all....does anyone know exactly when orientation is?

Whitney said:
Amazing, wonderful school. Congratulations to you all....does anyone know exactly when orientation is?

I am pretty sure that white coat is August 30th, and orientation will start after that. Unfortunetly my brother is getting married that very same weekend so maybe the c/o 2009 can all crash his wedding as an event.

does anyone have any thoughts on housing (different rooms, apartments, streetside vs. courtyard, etc.)? i interviewed pretty early and can't even remember if i saw the dorm rooms on the tour (and didn't make it to second look weekend). i definitely want to live on campus, but am debating whether it's worth the extra money for a suite ($5900) or apartment ($6700-$6900) over the normal rooms ($4500 streetside, $5100 couryard). thanks in advance for the input!

nrnx said:
does anyone have any thoughts on housing (different rooms, apartments, streetside vs. courtyard, etc.)? i interviewed pretty early and can't even remember if i saw the dorm rooms on the tour (and didn't make it to second look weekend). i definitely want to live on campus, but am debating whether it's worth the extra money for a suite ($5900) or apartment ($6700-$6900) over the normal rooms ($4500 streetside, $5100 couryard). thanks in advance for the input!

The rooms in Harkness are quite nice as dorm singles go -- big too. I don't think that it's worth paying extra for a suite, but that's a matter of personal preference. The apartments haven't been renovated recently, and I've heard that more couples tend to live there. As for streetside vs. courtyard, the streetside rooms look out directly into a parking garage. The view won't win any awards, but I'm aiming for one just because I'd rather spend the extra $600 on pizza, beer etc. I've only stayed in a courtyard room so I can't speak to this, but It might be worth checking with someone to find out how much more noise there is streetside.

So who's planning on going on a MOOT trip? I lead trips like this for freshmen as an undergrad -- they're a blast.