**Official UMKC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

ACCEPTED :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhhh I have a test from 9:30-10:45 help!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Deposit is made! (Still have to email Wes)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you hear anything? @wjc

Thanks for asking. No, I won't be getting in this year- already rejected. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's been two years with no college courses. I'm going to contact Wes in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for asking. No, I won't be getting in this year- already rejected. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's been two years with no college courses. I'm going to contact Wes in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good luck!:luck::xf:

Where's our FB page? Too soon? Lol

Well from best I can tell according to the email I received this morning I was wait-listed.... Not the best outcome but certainly not the worst. Graduation this month so I'm not sure what I can do other than ace my finals and hope for the best. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! For future reference my status also changed last night from invite to "under review" I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 31st.

Well from best I can tell according to the email I received this morning I was wait-listed.... Not the best outcome but certainly not the worst. Graduation this month so I'm not sure what I can do other than ace my finals and hope for the best. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! For future reference my status also changed last night from invite to "under review" I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 31st.

Just got the same email I think :unsure: Talking about second cycle consideration? I'm also in state and interviewed a week after you. What are your stats like?

Just got the same email I think :unsure: Talking about second cycle consideration? I'm also in state and interviewed a week after you. What are your stats like?
The waitlist is better than a rejection! Wishing you both the best. If worst comes to worst and you need to reapply, feel free to message me for advice.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup that is the same email I had. I wanted to avoid sharing my stats online but hopefully it will be helpful for future applicants. I had a 19 overall on my DAT, highest score in PAT 21 and lowest in gen chem 18 (hadn't taken it since HS). Around a 3.5 sGPA with a major in Biological Engineering w/biomedical emphasis and minor in biological sciences. All of my prerequisites are complete and I am currently at 128 credit hours with 15 more after graduation on dec 16th. Hundreds of hours of community service in various organizations. Some research experience in a bio-materials lab. Around a thousand hours of dental experience from working in two offices and shadowing in other offices. I had a relatively low GPA compared to some other applicants because I didn't decide I wanted to apply until after my sophomore year of college and my degree wasn't necessarily easy. I worked very hard to increase my grades these past two and half years but it may not have been enough. I also visited and shadowed at the school a few times but I wish I had gone more. It was hard to find the time with work and school. I'm going to start figuring out what to do next. I really want to go here so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yup that is the same email I had. I wanted to avoid sharing my stats online but hopefully it will be helpful for future applicants. I had a 19 overall on my DAT, highest score in PAT 21 and lowest in gen chem 18 (hadn't taken it since HS). Around a 3.5 sGPA with a major in Biological Engineering w/biomedical emphasis and minor in biological sciences. All of my prerequisites are complete and I am currently at 128 credit hours with 15 more after graduation on dec 16th. Hundreds of hours of community service in various organizations. Some research experience in a bio-materials lab. Around a thousand hours of dental experience from working in two offices and shadowing in other offices. I had a relatively low GPA compared to some other applicants because I didn't decide I wanted to apply until after my sophomore year of college and my degree wasn't necessarily easy. I worked very hard to increase my grades these past two and half years but it may not have been enough. I also visited and shadowed at the school a few times but I wish I had gone more. It was hard to find the time with work and school. I'm going to start figuring out what to do next. I really want to go here so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sheesh, your GPA is higher and your extracurriculars are way better. I hope you make it next month!

For anyone reading this thread next year: status changes in the later evening of 11/30 are semi-bad news

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you get in from the wait list I interviewed on the 31st as well.

When should I start looking for a roommate?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from the second round? I was told that umkc was going to be updating aadsas today but mine is still the same

Has anyone heard anything from the second round? I was told that umkc was going to be updating aadsas today but mine is still the same
Several people joined the fb group today. So, maybe they were accepted today.:shrug:

Is it too early to start at "UMKC c/o 2022" group out of desperation? Ain't even June and I'm already nervous. Lol
I think you should wait until the last round of acceptances (Which I don't know when it is). Don't lose hope yet. But do continue strengthening your app and updating then.

I'm an old graduate from UMKC .........class of 1987. Any Arkansas students accepted this year? I've heard from board members, students etc.. that Arkansas and UMKC have been feuding the past few years and several excellent candidates haven't even been given interviews! I've had patients that went to school at LSU, Tennessee and even Louisville............but not UMKC. Any Arkansans heard from UMKC?