Official Step 2 CS Results 10/12/2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverCat

The Friendly Reapp Cat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just getting this started. Not that I'm obsessing or anything about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed!!! No more worrying about exams for almost a year!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

AMG. No email. Logged in to NBME at 11:01am. Tried to view results on phone. Pop ups blocked. Enabled pop-ups...

PASS

Praise God. May you all be as blessed.

Reactions: 3 users
Can we go in to ERAS right now and resend our scores? Will it transmit that quickly?

Also.. if it's any help to anyone still waiting on scores, I felt AWFUL after CS. Not necessarily during or the night of, but the two weeks following CS I was convinced I had failed. This is a common theme, as you will see through your extensive panic-filled googling. Rest assured, you are not alone in feeling bad.

Last edited:
I just tried to resend, it wasn't instant. Hasn't changed yet, but I want it to ASAP as both my step 2 ck and cs came in today. :( I need more interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
But if we click 'resend my scores' then it may take a couple hours to process, but the CS result should be part of that 'resend'.. right?

Passed! AMG.

For those of you who are stalking this thread for comfort after your own exams like I did for the past 2-3 months...

Definitely thought I failed (or was very close to failing):
-missed a psych diagnosis by literally not asking anything psych related (ended up being #1 ddx)
-didn't ask about meds in 9 cases until I remembered for the final 3
-didn't percuss ever (abdomen or lungs), didn't complete a full neuro exam (did the cursory one that most people do in real life)
-didn't do any maneuvers like respiratory expansion/diaphragmatic excursion, vibratory sensation, temp sensation
-accidentally recorded some stuff that I didn't do and didn't record some stuff that I did do
-didn't ask about sexual history in a case where I thought HIV was the #1 ddx the second I walked out of the room
-didn't listen in more than 2 spaces anteriorily and 4 posteriorily on all respiratory exams
-didn't ask about birth or developmental history in peds case
-told one guy who only smoked 3 cigs a day or something, "That's probably not a big deal."

Just thought it was a huge disaster overall, but ended up being okay--passed with comfortable margins in ICE and CIS.

Reactions: 1 users
Passed!!!!!
To pass along the good vibes donating some money to the Haitian relief fund.

Last edited:
Passed!!! I can't believe I'm done with board exams until residency!!! Took it in Philly 9/09

I PASSED! For any one in the future scrolling through these worried they failed: log off of SDN and don't let the horror stories psyche you out!!!

Last edited:
Passed and by a very comfortable margin.

So, I was one of those people who kept entertaining the idea that I might have failed in spite of everyone telling me that there's no way I failed (I'm near the top of my class and do well socially and with patients). I wasn't really that worried about subtle mistakes and I didn't have much doubt about my clinical reasoning. The one thing that I was mostly worried about, in case anyone else is in the same boat, is:

-I ran out of time on at least 6 of the cases. I had finished for the most part and was either summarizing and closing or answering challenge questions, but I rarely completed the whole visit before time ran out. I never did that weird "i have to answer a page" thing. I just politely closed and excused myself.

tl;dr: I ran out of time on at least half the cases and passed very comfortably.

Just getting this started. Not that I'm obsessing or anything about it.
guys did anyone fail in cs -2016 .I took my exam on July 21 2016 and walked out so confidently that I passed for sure.I helped many friends to perform well.all of my friends passed and surprisingly I didn't .any one who applied for recheck ? Im still depressed and shattered .plz some one can u tell me what chances do i have for residency .??

step 2CS October 11th 2017 results coming tomorrow. What is the scheduling permit trick? Is it if you can't pull up your permit it means your score coming out tomorrow?