Official Sleep Medicine Fellowship 2018-2019 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I added a few programs 2 weeks after eras opened and go one interview from those. I assume people will start canceling as more come in so if you’re concerned I would apply and reach out to the program coordinator for open dates. The interview questions are basically why sleep, why here, what do you want to do with your life. A few asked about my research.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone add programs later, after the initial application went out? I only applied to a couple of programs initially and then realized maybe I should apply to more. Just added 3 sites yesterday and am wondering if it’s already too late to be considered?
IV questions are fairly basic- “Tell me about yourself”, “why sleep?”, “what attracts you to this program”.

I did the same thing regarding adding programs, but that was first week of august so I've heard back from those programs.I think the first wave of IVs is likely over, but after interviews in August / early Sept some programs will send out some more IVs.

My interview questions have been similar ^^

I registered for the match.

I'll update the compiled list with my new IVs

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
New ones at the bottom

Compiled List:
Norwalk Hospital
University of Michigan
Univ of Arizona
Univ of Texas
Univ of Rochester
Stonybrook
Dartmouth
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
UAB
Baylor
Drexel
University of Chicago
Emory
George Washington
OHSU
Ohio State University
University of Louisville
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
St. Vincent Hospital - Worcester
USF Tampa
Cleveland Clinic
Northwestern
University of Maryland
Tufts
Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Thomas Jefferson University
University of Buffalo
Yale
UCLA
Hennepin County
Mayo
UIC
Univ of Florida
UNC - Chapel Hill
Eastern Virginia Medical School

I applied few programs and couple of them called for interview.No harm in sending applications. Did anyone interviewed at Cleveland?

are programs pretty much done sending out interview invites?
That's what it seems like. Not sure if there will be enough time for second found of invites and interviews. Anyone know from previous year's experience?

That's what it seems like. Not sure if there will be enough time for second found of invites and interviews. Anyone know from previous year's experience?

I'm still getting a couple of interview invites trickling in between early last week and this morning, so there may be more invites coming your way.

Have you gotten interviews from the following programs:

1. NYU
2. Montefiore
3. North Shore LIJ/ northwell

Nice meeting J___ , M______ and A___ during the interview at U Mich.

Roll tide.

Forgot to add one. I know it's been asked but has anyone gone to NYU or Mt Sinai NYC?

Compiled List:
Norwalk Hospital
University of Michigan
Univ of Arizona
Univ of Texas
Univ of Rochester
Stonybrook
Dartmouth
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
UAB
Baylor
Drexel
University of Chicago
Emory
George Washington
OHSU
Ohio State University
University of Louisville
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
St. Vincent Hospital - Worcester
USF Tampa
Cleveland Clinic
Northwestern
University of Maryland
Tufts
Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Thomas Jefferson University
University of Buffalo
Yale
UCLA
Hennepin County
Mayo
UIC
Univ of Florida
UNC - Chapel Hill
Eastern Virginia Medical School
BIDMC

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone!! And for all of you who I met on the interview trail, it was really nice to meet you all and I’m hoping I’ll see some of you again in the future!

Ended up applying very late. Could not even register at NRMP, and not get the list of unfilled programs.
Does anyone have the list by any chance? Would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Hey I’m applying this coming season. What tips do you have for us? What do you wish you knew before applying?

Vanderbilt and Wake Forest

Compiled List

Norwalk Hospital
University of Michigan
Univ of Arizona
Univ of Texas
Stony brook
Dartmouth
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest

I've gotten ERAS messages (which come to my email) and interviews via phone call.

Hey did you get in? Are you happy you changed from FM? How are job prospects for FM’s?