Official RWJ Class Of 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vish57

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not in RWJ yet but NJMS has a thread so I made one for RWJ. I just want to hear some good things about RWJ from people who are planning on attending there.

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody from RWJ? Thats WEAK

I guess I'll bump this thread....shiiii
Maybe people dont know what RWJ stands for. Its UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson

this is what I think of the participation of RWJ students: :barf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we as a group are shy. :p

I'm definitely a RWJMS Class of 2009! Can't wait to start. :)

I'm an RWJ hopeful... Come on, alternate list~!!! :)

wunerd04 said:
I'm an RWJ hopeful... Come on, alternate list~!!! :)

Hey man, just curious, did you apply to NJMS, why RWJ over NJMS?

I did. I applied to all 3 UMDNJ schools, got into UMDNJ-SOM, was waitlisted at NJMS, and high-priority waitlisted at RWJ.

I was told by Dean Heinrich that very few people get in off the waitlist; whereas RWJ said that most of the people on high priority have gotten in in the past. Hence, I am more likely to get into to RWJ than NJMS.

the bottom line is they are both great schools at the right price. RWJ might have added prestige in the rankings, but I doubt the clinical exp could be better there than at a school in Newark. Both have great matches, so pick where you think you'll be happiest. (Though NJMS gives a warmer class feel than RWJ at the interview, I wonder just how stressful living in and around Newark can be... It would be a crapshoot for me at this point.)

Are you leaning one way or the other?

PS,
I am no man.

i'm probaby going to RWJ. For me, it was more or less a matter of location. I'm from North NJ, so I was trying to get as far away as possible :)

wunerd04 said:
I did. I applied to all 3 UMDNJ schools, got into UMDNJ-SOM, was waitlisted at NJMS, and high-priority waitlisted at RWJ.

I was told by Dean Heinrich that very few people get in off the waitlist; whereas RWJ said that most of the people on high priority have gotten in in the past. Hence, I am more likely to get into to RWJ than NJMS.

the bottom line is they are both great schools at the right price. RWJ might have added prestige in the rankings, but I doubt the clinical exp could be better there than at a school in Newark. Both have great matches, so pick where you think you'll be happiest. (Though NJMS gives a warmer class feel than RWJ at the interview, I wonder just how stressful living in and around Newark can be... It would be a crapshoot for me at this point.)

Are you leaning one way or the other?

PS,
I am no man.

Sorry for calling you a man. I'm leaning towards RWJ mostly because of its location but I'm waitlisted so I just have to assume that I'm going to newark for now. NJMS does seem to have a lot warmer class feel, this thread compared to the NJMS thread is an example.

vish57 said:
NJMS does seem to have a lot warmer class feel, this thread compared to the NJMS thread is an example.

:thumbup: :D

In all seriousness though, I wonder why this thread wasn't started awhile ago....good job vish for stepping up....sorry guys, back to my own territory...

i've been asking around these forums for other students who are going to RWJ, and haven't gotten much of a response. My assumption is that there simply isn't as many people going to RWJ who are SDN members.

No problem

It's funny how the only people on this thread are RWJ waitlisters or NJMS kids! Ohwell, we've got the spirit. Maybe everyone else is off saving the world... That's why we're on the waitlist. :laugh:

Have you thought about housing in the Piscataway area yet? I hear it's kind of expensive and need to find a cheaper nearby alternative, if possible. I work at CABM, which is the building right next to RWJ in Piscataway, but haven't started looking yet. I guess that would be jumping the gun at this point.

choip0817 said:
My assumption is that there simply isn't as many people going to RWJ who are SDN members.

Or maybe people who are considering RWJ is waiting on other schools to come through, like Wash U. ;) I for one wasn't 100% sure till recently.

wunerd, I hope to see you get off the waitlist. :)

Dr. Chiquita said:
Or maybe people who are considering RWJ is waiting on other schools to come through, like Wash U. ;) I for one wasn't 100% sure till recently.

wunerd, I hope to see you get off the waitlist. :)

Thanks!! me, too. :)