This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can send your app in without having LORs yet and programs will still look at your file.

Unless you are dead set on attending Scholl, they require LORs in before looking at your file.
oh ok. you don't think it's too late? the cycle ends June 30th

Members don't see this ad.

oh ok. you don't think it's too late? the cycle ends June 30th

Nah. If you can get it within this month or early May there's still a shot.

Worse case you know exactly what the process was and can hit it again soon as August opens.

If you use Interfolio they database all letters submitted so you can resend them.

What are my chances of receiving a scholarship for pod school if I apply within a week?

MCAT 494
sGPA 3.49
CGPA 3.63

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to ask the schools. Admissions will know how many scholarships are available.

Applying next cycle...would love to get some input on where I stand. Obviously if I'm not cutting it I'd rather hear that than the other way around.

I've seen multiple school's applicant reports from recent years have their GPA's around a 3.2 average, if I'm wrong please correct me. Also I am a student athlete and member of various other organizations on campus if either of these things mean anything.

1. Not sure where I am applying yet. (Maybe give me my best bet?)
2. cGPA = 3.1 / sGPA = 3.1 ---->upward trend....dropped a nice 2.3 freshman year
3. Haven't taken the MCAT yet. (Maybe let me know what I need to score on it?)
4. Have shadowed multiple pods already.
5. Shadowed a heart surgeon in the past, not sure it's relevant.
6. Have volunteered at my local hospital and with organizations on campus.

*I'd say I'm pretty confident in my extracurriculars on my resume. I'm more concerned with my stats...anyway opinions would be appreciated thanks!

Applying next cycle...would love to get some input on where I stand. Obviously if I'm not cutting it I'd rather hear that than the other way around.

I've seen multiple school's applicant reports from recent years have their GPA's around a 3.2 average, if I'm wrong please correct me. Also I am a student athlete and member of various other organizations on campus if either of these things mean anything.

1. Not sure where I am applying yet. (Maybe give me my best bet?)
2. cGPA = 3.1 / sGPA = 3.1 ---->upward trend....dropped a nice 2.3 freshman year
3. Haven't taken the MCAT yet. (Maybe let me know what I need to score on it?)
4. Have shadowed multiple pods already.
5. Shadowed a heart surgeon in the past, not sure it's relevant.
6. Have volunteered at my local hospital and with organizations on campus.

*I'd say I'm pretty confident in my extracurriculars on my resume. I'm more concerned with my stats...anyway opinions would be appreciated thanks!

You should be fine with those GPAs.
The schools like upward trends.

Aim for a 497+ and you should recieve invites and acceptances if you normal functioning human being who can relate to people.

Thanks for the insight! More positive than I expected for sure.

Hey guys! It's been a while but I wanted to provide an update. I was offered an interview to all 7 of the schools that I applied to. I only chose to interview at Kent and Temple. I was accepted to both and Temple offered a scholarship. I will be attending Temple in the fall. If you are on the fence about applying I would recommend to go ahead and do so. I called Scholl for example and they were only half full. Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! It's been a while but I wanted to provide an update. I was offered an interview to all 7 of the schools that I applied to. I only chose to interview at Kent and Temple. I was accepted to both and Temple offered a scholarship. I will be attending Temple in the fall. If you are on the fence about applying I would recommend to go ahead and do so. I called Scholl for example and they were only half full. Best of luck!

this is looking good for us entering this year for residency spots....just saying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing you guys entering this fall makes me feel like the little brother wanting to hang out with his big brothers haha

Reactions: 1 users
3.0 sGPA 3.2CGPA Applying to all will be taking the MCAT soon.
Shadowing Experience: 2 years Podiatrist (including observed surgeries)

3.0 sGPA 3.2CGPA Applying to all will be taking the MCAT soon.
Shadowing Experience: 2 years Podiatrist (including observed surgeries)
Just do ok on the MCAT. EC's? Interviewers love those.

So I got rejected from all 9 schools. I have horrible GPAs and a bad MCAT. I've been a long time lurker, but never posted. I have completed my undergraduate, and don't necessarily want to do any post-bacc work. My GPAs are 2.62 cGPA and 2.58 sGPA according to AACPMAS. My MCAT was 486 which I took in January. I've shadowed podiatrists, but don't have many EC's. Not really any upward trend in my college semester grades. The reason for the low GPAs is because I had to retake general chemistry II once, and organic chemistry I 4 times, and organic chemistry II twice... Therefore a lot of D's and a couple F's. Do I even stand a chance with a higher MCAT? I've been so incorrectly optimistic about my chances, and I'm starting to rethink my career choices. I still really want to get in to Podiatry school, but am worried I'm wasting my time.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile

So I got rejected from all 9 schools. I have horrible GPAs and a bad MCAT. I've been a long time lurker, but never posted. I have completed my undergraduate, and don't necessarily want to do any post-bacc work. My GPAs are 2.62 cGPA and 2.58 sGPA according to AACPMAS. My MCAT was 486 which I took in January. I've shadowed podiatrists, but don't have many EC's. Not really any upward trend in my college semester grades. The reason for the low GPAs is because I had to retake general chemistry II once, and organic chemistry I 4 times, and organic chemistry II twice... Therefore a lot of D's and a couple F's. Do I even stand a chance with a higher MCAT? I've been so incorrectly optimistic about my chances, and I'm starting to rethink my career choices. I still really want to get in to Podiatry school, but am worried I'm wasting my time.

-Strong upward trend
-Post-Bac with As
-SMP with solid Bs
- 493 MCAT

Any chance you'd be able to do any of those?

I don't have a strong upward trend. Just average the whole way through, except for the chemistry courses which killed me. I don't think I'll go for the SMP. I do think I can get my MCAT score significantly higher though. I may take a course for the MCAT and see if I can't get a 500 or better. Would be a long shot though... A post-bac seems expensive and time consuming. But I would consider it if I don't land interviews with an MCAT retake.

So I think what you really have to think about here is what caused the 486 MCAT. Did you set aside ample time to study for it or did you rush into it in order to be able to apply for this cycle? Which sections are lower, is it the Social Sciences/CARS sections or the B/S and P/S sections, because if it is the latter it could be safe to assume that content knowledge of the basic sciences is the problem. Also, realistically speaking, raising a score from a 486 to 500+ would take some serious effort and dedication. If you find the SMP or post-bacc to be too expensive definitely use that money for an MCAT course (as you mentioned above) because that kind of structured environment could help you hone in on high yield topics and also provide some helpful test taking strategies.

Some of the schools have 2.7 GPA cutoffs, so you may really need to explore the SMP or post-bacc route. Definitely continue to search the boards for applicant/student feedback on the different programs to see which may be best for you. You seem reluctant to want to pursue this route because it can be expensive and time consuming, but think of it this way, a lot of those programs are basically *med school lite* so that kind of background could actually help you once you get to pod school. It could also serve as a pretty good indicator of how you would likely perform once in pod school with the full load of coursework. If you are struggling during the post-bacc it is safe to assume that you will also struggle in pod school, so something to consider.

Lastly, be honest with yourself. Really look introspectively and ask whether this is the right path for you. The multiple retakes in the prerequisite courses...was that due to a lack of focus, personal issues, or trouble grasping the content? Is it a combination of a number of those scenarios? Truly dig deep and see if you're emotionally ready to pursue this path, and if you find that you are dust yourself off and put your best foot forward. At the end of it all you may have done such an amazing job that by this time next year you have your pick of schools! It's all up to you!

Good luck!

Did you get interview invites anywhere? If you did then that's a start and I'd say don't give up if it's really your dream to become a doctor. With that being said, it will be difficult and I do think you need to be realistic with it. If you failed those classes multiple times, are you sure you can handle the courseload of podiatric medical school? It would be devastating to have those loans hanging over your head without being able to get the degree.

If you think you are up for it then I would say study your butt off for the MCAT retake and try to get 500+. Then prepare super well for your interviews and make sure to give the best impression possible. Also some schools screen the GPA so don't bother wasting money on those applications. Also, apply right away when the new cycle opens.

It's a long shot. The road will be hard. But if you reallllly want to be a doctor and are sure you can handle the coursework which is supposed to be 1384738282x's more information and harder than undergrad, then I'd say it's worth a shot to try at least once more.

Thanks for all the feedback and advice guys. For the MCAT I set aside ample study time, but didn't take enough practice tests. I need to learn how to pace myself for the time limits. For my GPA I was always procrastinating and not fully applying myself in school. I also worked 25-30 hours a week my whole undergraduate.
I never mentioned my low GPA in my personal statement because I couldn't fit it, but is that something the schools would like me to address? I'm going to apply early this next cycle with a new MCAT score, and hopefully get an interview somewhere. I didn't get a single interview invite. I believe I can handle Podiatry school because I don't plan on working and I think I will have motivation to learn about the specialty in detail. As long as there's no organic chemistry, I'll do great :)

As someone who had similar grades, my best advice is to take classes, either a DIY post-bacc or do a SMP program. Before my DIY post-bacc, I was at 2.7 cGPA and 2.65 sGPA. I quit my full-time job and worked my ass off to raise my grades to 2.8 cGPA and 2.88 sGPA. Given I had a higher MCAT, I also believe it helped with my chances so late into the cycle (I applied mid March). If you apply right when the cycle starts, a 504+ MCAT will help you land some II's. If you apply later on with the same grades, 508+ MCAT will offset your current GPA.

If you want something badly and you know this is your passion and future career, invest the money and time. During interviews you will definitely get questioned for your low pre-req grades, work on how you will answer them. Once again, if you want this, invest the time and money into a post-bacc and really study for the MCAT. Check the subreddit for MCAT for study tips and other materials. PM me if you want study tips or have other questions.

Goodluck! I believe you can do it! Just keep grinding!

What is the best way to go about doing a post-bac? Should I talk to my advisor at the University? What classes do you usually take? Is it a whole new program or basically just starting a new major?
I have received some emails from random schools about some courses they offer for a quick certification in certain scopes such as pharmacy, anatomy, and others, are those something to consider? I think I'll look into it a little and see what it's all about.

What is the best way to go about doing a post-bac? Should I talk to my advisor at the University? What classes do you usually take? Is it a whole new program or basically just starting a new major?
I have received some emails from random schools about some courses they offer for a quick certification in certain scopes such as pharmacy, anatomy, and others, are those something to consider? I think I'll look into it a little and see what it's all about.

In your case, I would attempt a DIY-Postbacc, where I would take all the premed courses (such as Bio 1&2 with lab, chem 1&2 with lab, etc), especially those with grades of B- or less. You can also take higher-level science courses to improve the sci-gpa (classes like cell and molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, etc).

You can do this at your local community college to save money. The courses will help you prepare for the MCAT as well, which is the bigger goal (to achieve the highest score possible). I would add an SMP like program as well, but your gpa/mcat scores are below their acceptance stats, so the DIY-Postbacc is the best option. Keep in mind though that the AACPMAS calculates all grades (failed, retakes, repeats, Ws, etc), but an improved postbacc gpa with a good mcat score will go a long way. It can be done. Good luck!

Thanks for all the feedback and advice guys. For the MCAT I set aside ample study time, but didn't take enough practice tests. I need to learn how to pace myself for the time limits. For my GPA I was always procrastinating and not fully applying myself in school. I also worked 25-30 hours a week my whole undergraduate.
I never mentioned my low GPA in my personal statement because I couldn't fit it, but is that something the schools would like me to address? I'm going to apply early this next cycle with a new MCAT score, and hopefully get an interview somewhere. I didn't get a single interview invite. I believe I can handle Podiatry school because I don't plan on working and I think I will have motivation to learn about the specialty in detail. As long as there's no organic chemistry, I'll do great :)

I think everyone here can agree we want you to be successful, but it won't come easy.

MCAT- If you have trouble pacing, consider a couple things:
- High yield versus low yield, which ones should you skip and come back to later? Are you systemically going through each section and ranking the questions by difficulty?
- Think of it as taking 6 exams in 1 day instead of one big exam the entire day. Breaking it into subject exams instead of "The MCAT" gave me some wiggle room and psychologically gave me a break
- Push in increments of however long each section is. I broke it down into 45 min sessions. So for 45 minutes straight I sat my @ss in that chair and did nothing but focus entirely on that section.
- Assess how much material you need to cover versus how much time you have left. How many minutes are you allowed each question? Are you within that time or going over per question?

GPA Explanation-
They will require an explanation. Working while schooling sucks. A lot of posters on here found themselves in the same situation you did. You are not alone. However schools will still want an answer for it. Here's how to counter that:
- Own up to it. If they bring up grades in the interview, own up to it and tell them you know they're not exactly the most competitive stats
- Provide a succinct explanation for why: Financial hardships, time devoted to working, low commitment/not taking it seriously
- Explain what you did between then and now differently. Show them what you have done to change those habits and produce different results. Show them you are still trying hard.

Ochem-
-Ochem kicked my ass as well. In podiatry school some of the curriculum cover biochem.
-There will be subjects even in podiatry school that will make you hate life. Do not expect the struggle to stop once you get in
-Learn how to embrace and do well in subjects you do not like.

Just adding some more MCAT tips:

MCAT is a monster of a test. Try to set aside THREE full months of studying. Treat it as a full-time job. Aim for 6-8 hours of studying a day over three months and you will not burn out. Setting aside that much time also allows for you to relax and miss days without feeling like crap. Take an diagnostic MCAT before starting your content review. NS has a half length that you can take for free. I suggest tackling your weakest subject(s) first.

Hey guys,
Long time lurker and am very appreciative of all the tips/information I've gotten from reading these forums.

I just took aamc 1 and I got a 492. Somewhat disheartening to say the least. My mcat is on May 18th.

I'm a non-trad, 27 years old. Male.
RN for ~5 years in a hospital setting
GPA from nursing undergrad: 3.55
DIY Post Bacc: 3.78
I think cumulative from both puts me at 3.62 overall.
No real EC's tbh

Will I be okay come time for applications (for class start in 2018)? I'm mainly interested in NYCPM and Temple due to geographic preferences/restrictions.

I've first hand seen some of the great work podiatrists do at my job and they really do make significant differences in the lives of their patients. I'll be trying to set up shadowing once I'm done with the MCAT and hopefully get a LOR.

I'll be thankful for any guidance and tips. And if I don't do any better on the MCAT, will I still have a chance for some scholarship if I can be accepted?

GPAs are great. You should be accepted somewhere with a MCAT score of 490+. If your MCAT is 500+, expect some type of scholarship.
But, if you plan on applying this cycle (starting pod school in 2017) then that scholarship amount might be little to none since the deadline is less than 30 days away and that money runs out fast.

Otherwise, apply on day 1 for next years cycle. Good luck!

Thanks for your input. Some of the reasons I'm drawn to podiatry is because it's hands on/procedural, wound care (there's something special about seeing a nasty wound begin healing and improving), and like nursing-podiatry is very multi-faceted (surgery, dermatology, routine care, etc). however, unlike nursing - where my scope is very limited - I can have autonomy and be an expert in one area.
Great answer, tell them this and you're golden.

Hey guys,
Long time lurker and am very appreciative of all the tips/information I've gotten from reading these forums.

I just took aamc 1 and I got a 492. Somewhat disheartening to say the least. My mcat is on May 18th.

I'm a non-trad, 27 years old. Male.
RN for ~5 years in a hospital setting
GPA from nursing undergrad: 3.55
DIY Post Bacc: 3.78
I think cumulative from both puts me at 3.62 overall.
No real EC's tbh

Will I be okay come time for applications (for class start in 2018)? I'm mainly interested in NYCPM and Temple due to geographic preferences/restrictions.

I've first hand seen some of the great work podiatrists do at my job and they really do make significant differences in the lives of their patients. I'll be trying to set up shadowing once I'm done with the MCAT and hopefully get a LOR.

I'll be thankful for any guidance and tips. And if I don't do any better on the MCAT, will I still have a chance for some scholarship if I can be accepted?

There are still a lot of seats left open this cycle for NYCPM due to and abnormally low amount of applicants this year, I'm talking like 20+ spots coming from someone in admin. Even if you just get your stuff in by the 6/30 deadline I think you'll have a pretty good shot getting in for 2017 and not having to wait a year for 2018. Just knock out that MCAT and get on that shadowing/LOR asap.

There are still a lot of seats left open this cycle for NYCPM due to and abnormally low amount of applicants this year, I'm talking like 20+ spots coming from someone in admin. Even if you just get your stuff in by the 6/30 deadline I think you'll have a pretty good shot getting in for 2017 and not having to wait a year for 2018. Just knock out that MCAT and get on that shadowing/LOR asap.

Wow.... :eek:

What are some potential consequences? will the school cut down on the amount of students they plan to take in next year?

Hello Everyone,

I am applying next cycle, 2017-2018, I applied MD/DO in the 2015-2016 cycle but didn't get in. Since then I have been working towards a masters in biomedical sciences to raise my GPA. Over the past year I started to consider podiatry, I know it sounds silly but I had never really considered it and thought it was a specialty of an MD/DO or something like that :rolleyes: kind of embarrassing. Anyways, I was a DI athlete in my undergrad and worked as a CNA in a nursing home the past 3 years so I feel like I have spent a lot time around classic podiatry patients and have really enjoyed it. My QUESTION is...how do you convey to podiatry admissions boards the switch from MD/DO to DPM?

Hello Everyone,

I am applying next cycle, 2017-2018, I applied MD/DO in the 2015-2016 cycle but didn't get in. Since then I have been working towards a masters in biomedical sciences to raise my GPA. Over the past year I started to consider podiatry, I know it sounds silly but I had never really considered it and thought it was a specialty of an MD/DO or something like that :rolleyes: kind of embarrassing. Anyways, I was a DI athlete in my undergrad and worked as a CNA in a nursing home the past 3 years so I feel like I have spent a lot time around classic podiatry patients and have really enjoyed it. My QUESTION is...how do you convey to podiatry admissions boards the switch from MD/DO to DPM?
I said I knew I wanted to do medicine for awhile but I wasn't familiar with podiatry until recently. After shadowing and doing my research, I realized I would enjoy working as a podiatrist.

The key is to focus on "why podiatry" and NOT "why not MD/DO" when phrasing your answer. Don't mention all the reasons why you think you were unsuccessful in a previous cycle unless they directly ask you about it. Also don't bash MD/DO (not that I think you would) because (1) I've had an MD on my interview panel before and (2) you might be working with one as a podiatrist in the future.

I said I knew I wanted to do medicine for awhile but I wasn't familiar with podiatry until recently. After shadowing and doing my research, I realized I would enjoy working as a podiatrist.

The key is to focus on "why podiatry" and NOT "why not MD/DO" when phrasing your answer. Don't mention all the reasons why you think you were unsuccessful in a previous cycle unless they directly ask you about it. Also don't bash MD/DO (not that I think you would) because (1) I've had an MD on my interview panel before and (2) you might be working with one as a podiatrist in the future.

Thank you, I appreciate your answer. I think you're right about the familiarity with podiatry, if I would have been more informed about it in my undergrad I would have definitely applied.

I am shadowing two podiatrists in June and am looking forward to learning more :)

Wow.... :eek:

What are some potential consequences? will the school cut down on the amount of students they plan to take in next year?

We started with 86 instead of the usual 109 so there will probably be another reduced class for 2021. Which is why I keep encouraging people to apply now even if it's really late because there probably won't be an easier time to get in than rn seeing as the APMA and schools are ramping up advertising and undergrad outreach/mentoring. A few of you were shocked with that one applicant with a 2.5 GPA who got accepted but when admissions are this down, they are more willing to roll the dice on applicants they might normally pass on. So unless you have a really good reason for waiting next year, like maybe trying to get a bigger scholarship by applying early in next cycle, just knock out that app rn and see what happens. Also FYI, the info you put into the app gets saved so even if you don't submit it or don't get accepted this year, it would save over to next year so you don't have to fill it out all over again from scratch. There's still a month and a half to go before 6/30 and some of the schools still interview deep into July.

Hello Everyone,

I would say between a 1/3 to 1/2 of fellow classmates I talked to and myself included have previously applied MD/DO so you're not alone and the adcoms are used to seeing it. The most common answer, and usually the straight truth, is most people didn't really know about podiatry until they did some more research themselves. One undergrad adviser advocated for the Caribbean but never mentioned podiatry :rolleyes:, thank God I didn't listen.

Reactions: 2 users
I would say between a 1/3 to 1/2 of fellow classmates I talked to and myself included have previously applied MD/DO so you're not alone and the adcoms are used to seeing it. The most common answer, and usually the straight truth, is most people didn't really know about podiatry until they did some more research themselves. One undergrad adviser advocated for the Caribbean but never mentioned podiatry :rolleyes:, thank God I didn't listen.

Well that definitely makes me feel better! When is there a good time to discuss that? Is it recommended to mention in your personal statement or just in the interview?

Well that definitely makes me feel better! When is there a good time to discuss that? Is it recommended to mention in your personal statement or just in the interview?

Mention it when THEY ask you about it. Why do you want to include how you did not get into a DO/MD school when interviewing for Podiatry?
Like the others have said, it's more important to talk about how you want to do Podiatry and not MD/DO/PA/etc.
If they ask you if you have applied to another professional school, tell them the truth, but also how you are more interested in Podiatry now after research, shadowing, meeting with currents students and DPMs, etc. The goal is to show the admissions committee that you know what you're getting into and Podiatry is what you really want to pursue.

If they admissions committee does not mention MD/DO during the interview, then don't bring it up.

Mention it when THEY ask you about it. Why do you want to include how you did not get into a DO/MD school when interviewing for Podiatry?
Like the others have said, it's more important to talk about how you want to do Podiatry and not MD/DO/PA/etc.
If they ask you if you have applied to another professional school, tell them the truth, but also how you are more interested in Podiatry now after research, shadowing, meeting with currents students and DPMs, etc. The goal is to show the admissions committee that you know what you're getting into and Podiatry is what you really want to pursue.

If they admissions committee does not mention MD/DO during the interview, then don't bring it up.

I agree with you 100% and I had the same thought process. However, what led me to my masters degree was not getting in to MD/DO and it is through that process which I became familiar with podiatry and became a better medical student applicant as a whole...for any program or any healthcare career honestly. Maybe my story is different? I'm thinking it's not haha. I'm just trying to get a feel of successful applicants as I'm putting together a personal statement and getting ready to apply in August. I'm having a hard time conveying myself without that information. But that's why I'm here to figure it out before the real deal! :)

In an effort to consolidate the "What Are My Chances?" (WAMC) threads and make a single place where pre-pods can request a review of their applications, this thread has been made.

Please make sure to include as much of the list below as possible so that others can give their most accurate opinion.

1. Schools you are applying to
2. cGPA/sGPA
3. MCAT Score
4. Podiatry Experience
5. Non-Podiatry Shadowing/Clinical Experience (If Applicable)
6. Volunteering

Do keep a few things in mind when posting or responding.

1. The members writing a WAMC post are asking for your opinion on where they stand. As anyone who has been through applications knows, it is an expensive and stressful process so please be courteous.

2. Since we are making a single thread to keep WAMC posts in, all other WAMC posts are subject to being moved into this thread.

3. Please keep your posts on track with WAMC and responses to WAMC posts. Since the thread is a large collection of posts, let's not confuse it with off-topic posts.

Hi guys! These are my stats below. Can you please give me some feedback on my chances. Do I have a chance at a scholarship?
1. NYCPM (My first Choice)
2. cGPA 3.93/ sGPA: 3.89
3. MCAT Score: 490
4. Internship at a Orthopedic-Podiatry related clinic (80 hours).
5 & 6. Editor of a magazine, in the honors college, cardiology and internal medicine internships, prostate cancer research for two years, Brookhaven national lab summer internship, CSTEP mentor (2 years).

Hi guys! These are my stats below. Can you please give me some feedback on my chances. Do I have a chance at a scholarship?
1. NYCPM (My first Choice)
2. cGPA 3.93/ sGPA: 3.89
3. MCAT Score: 490
4. Internship at a Orthopedic-Podiatry related clinic (80 hours).
5 & 6. Editor of a magazine, in the honors college, cardiology and internal medicine internships, prostate cancer research for two years, Brookhaven national lab summer internship, CSTEP mentor (2 years).

Yes.

& you'll get into ALL 9 schools. Outstanding GPA and extra-curric makes up for the MCAT.

What happened on the MCAT though? (If you don't mind me asking)

I agree with you 100% and I had the same thought process. However, what led me to my masters degree was not getting in to MD/DO and it is through that process which I became familiar with podiatry and became a better medical student applicant as a whole...for any program or any healthcare career honestly. Maybe my story is different? I'm thinking it's not haha. I'm just trying to get a feel of successful applicants as I'm putting together a personal statement and getting ready to apply in August. I'm having a hard time conveying myself without that information. But that's why I'm here to figure it out before the real deal! :)

Just tell them the truth.

Your case is different. If you have a genuine interest in podiatry and decent communication skills, it'll show.

Tell them you did your smp to reapply but found podiatry and got so interested you considered it as a career.

It's the truth isn't it? And if it isn't then you have to make peace with yourself before you fully commit.

Just tell them the truth.

Your case is different. If you have a genuine interest in podiatry and decent communication skills, it'll show.

Tell them you did your smp to reapply but found podiatry and got so interested you considered it as a career.

It's the truth isn't it? And if it isn't then you have to make peace with yourself before you fully commit.

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head. Thank you for your advice. The more I read into these pre-pod threads I see that there are many students that were prior MD/DO applicants and when it comes down to it, like you, Dextermorgansk, and jelly-b alluded to, it's all about WHY podiatry and NOT "anti-MD/DO."

Reactions: 2 users
Yes.

& you'll get into ALL 9 schools. Outstanding GPA and extra-curric makes up for the MCAT.

What happened on the MCAT though? (If you don't mind me asking)

Not at all! I didn't study properly for it!!

Not at all! I didn't study properly for it!!

Oh... well, you're strong in other areas so I guess it covered. Send in your app ASAP!

And since you were in CSTEP, I take it you're in NY at a CUNY school?