Official Match Day 2006 countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
colforbinMD said:
35.5 hours /4 days folks.
(Posted on a treo from the bar)

cool, multitasking already. should be sharpening your skills fro em haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Damn impressive.. You know whats weird.. Im starting to feel a little depressed.. Weird since I am usually a 100% positive happy guy.. I assume it is the weird stress of the match.. Im ready for the celebration so I can be done with the stressing part!

34 hours till IF!!! Drink up fellas!

Members don't see this ad :)
EctopicFetus said:
Damn impressive.. You know whats weird.. Im starting to feel a little depressed.. Weird since I am usually a 100% positive happy guy.. I assume it is the weird stress of the match.. Im ready for the celebration so I can be done with the stressing part!

You know what is a great cure for the depression? FUNK.
That's right... some Ohio Players, Rick James, Funkadelics... you can't be sad with that on in the background. A funky bass line is safer than TCA's and probably more effective. Play that funky music baby! :D

PS. I'm obviously bombed... but I'm still confident funk will help ;)

33 hours now. And 106 hours for where.
Funk is one way to go for sure. 4 me right now it's Violent Femmes concert from their heyday on VH1 classics.
Another good way to cheer yourself up EF is padding!!
Seriously though. Cheer up mi amigo the wait is almost over and the rest of our lives are almost here.

Thanks for keeping the drunk countdown with me towlie.

EctopicFetus said:

Hang in there EF. I had been feeling cool, bordering on disinterested for some reason, until Friday. I ran into my advisor who had some positive conversations about me with a couple of pds recently. For some inexplicable reason I took that upbeat conversation and have been obsessing and entertaining more negative possibilities.

A little sleep helps.. but man i dont know whats wrong with me. Im gonna watch the Heat-Cavs today and hopefully take in some EtOH and that should improve my mood. The Sopranos tonite should be a great time! Looking forward to that for SURE!!

25 hours , but last year the IF emails came early and were already posted by 11 AM EST so I'm gonna start checkin my email in 24 hours every 5 minutes :D

97 hours or something like that till where...

Members don't see this ad :)
For the DO's in the group who's school leadership smiles and looks the other way on NRMP match day, will I get an email telling me where I matched or will I instead need to log in to NRMP? Can anyone tell me where to look once I log in tomorrow and on Thursday? Right now where it says "match status", it says in green "certified ROL". Can you tell me if this is the same place it will say "matched" tomorrow? And is this the same place it will say "where" on Thursday or do I need to look somewhere else? I'm actually glad I don't have to wait for some envelope!! I would be a mess then!

Kinda wish you hadn't mentioned that cowgirl. I don't need another excuse to get neurotic.

Koko, for some reason just reading about your conversation is freaking me out. It's cool to be able to get some feedback though.
EF Yay SOPRANOS!

I forgot, the where countdown is 97 hrs.

colforbinMD said:
Koko, for some reason just reading about your conversation is freaking me out.

Now you're really freaking me out! :laugh:

corpsmanUP said:
For the DO's in the group who's school leadership smiles and looks the other way on NRMP match day, will I get an email telling me where I matched or will I instead need to log in to NRMP? Can anyone tell me where to look once I log in tomorrow and on Thursday? Right now where it says "match status", it says in green "certified ROL". Can you tell me if this is the same place it will say "matched" tomorrow? And is this the same place it will say "where" on Thursday or do I need to look somewhere else? I'm actually glad I don't have to wait for some envelope!! I would be a mess then!

You will get an email that says whether or not you matched, but you can also check the NRMP website. The first page you will see will say "Congratulations you have matched!" On Thursday it will then add where right below that part. No button clicking necessary. I don't know what it says if you don't match since I matched successfullly last year. I hope I never know what it says if you don't match.

Can't wait to see how many we match tomorrow. Our new PD has been working overtime to get us good applicants. We ranked 45 people this year.

If we fill half of our spots it will be a victory. I would expect next year, if things are going well that we'll fill all our spots.

Hey GenVeers. Good luck but I hope you have 1 spot waitin for me tomorrow if I need it. Oh yeah, back to our countdown.....

16.25 hours. Welcome back SDN
(back at the bar for selection Sun)

This week may actually kill me!! Popping pepto -- I might be alkalotic by the end of the week. :)

15 hours 22 minutes... I think I have developed an ulcer in the last 24 hours

15 hours left. Fuhgetaboutit!!!

colforbinMD said:
15 hours left. Fuhgetaboutit!!!
I think forgetting about it without the aid of heavy duty drugs (alcohol would probably just make me cry about it and obsess more!) is an impossibility. I'm SURE my anaesthesia conference won't keep my mind occupied - nor will sitting in surgery. Hopefully I will get a good resident who teaches and pimps me. ANYTHING to keep my brain off of this wait!!!

Thanks to a dysfunctional SDN we are magically under 12 hrs.

11.75 to be exact. (I'm also a good bit more drunk for the record)

And then......
There were TEN

hmmm wish i was on the sauce too, as i monitor the countdown. workin the late night er shift here (actually a PM&R applicant, but we dont have a proper countdown like u all).

8 HOURS 40 Min

good luck all

5 hours and 30 min... I'm on the way to work Good luck everyone!

wook said:
Dang, you only need 3 hours of sleep? And you can still tick???!!

Keep up the strong work.

Wook
hehehehehe No I was actually still on the clock for those 3 hours but SDN wouldn't let my Treo log in.
I crashed after my 3am post and had a nice 4 and a half hours of an ETOH saturated nap.

Back in it now folks. Thanks to the cowgirl for picking up a bit of the slack. STRONG WORK.
4 hours left.

3 hours and 24 minutes... I think I'm gonna be sick :scared:

3 to go gang.
3 incidentally is also the number for our WHERE to match countdown. 3 days.
76 hours to be exact.

3 Hours........honestly, does it have to be this arduous and torturing?????!!!!

This is going SO slowly! I'm in our OR lounge trying to slow my heart rate. I can only hope that the next couple days aren't like this. Good luck everyone!

2 hours. That's just a good movie's worth of waiting gang! Hang in there!!!

Does this thing come out at Noon Eastern time? Is that right? If so I managed to be a genius and schedule a dental appt at 1030 (1130 eastern) I guess Ill find out after others do..

GULP!

65 mins left!! And ill be at the dentist!