*Official June 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aalamruad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone! Figured I'd start this thread since I recently started preparing for the June 18th MCAT. For those of you who are taking the June 2nd MCAT, June 18th MCAT, or still considering one of those two dates, feel free to post here with any questions, comments, concerns, or support you have to offer!

Good luck to you all! Let's crush it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys. This is not real life. I'm shaking.

AAMC Sample (5 days before): ~515 (per whatever calculation I found on SDN)
AAMC Scored (3 days before): 513
REAL MCAT: 520 (128/130/130/132)

MIRACLES CAN HAPPEN GUYS. I almost voided after C/P. NEVER GIVE UP.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Then you get a 512. Haha this is why post-test feelings are never a good indicator on how you actually did. And don't retake that score! Congrats

This is the mantra for anyone taking it. Think of how many of us were close to voiding based on how we felt.

516: 131/129/128/128

AAMC scored: 524
AAMC unscored: 90.75% or 522

Pretty significant drop from both of those.

Reactions: 1 user
omggg 518!!! (129/130/131/128)

I didn't do any of the AAMC materials (which I really regretted during this past month whenever I began thinking that I failed), so no scored score.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey so I am freaking out and please please don't trust your post test reaction- @TexasSurgeon can attest to how neurotic I was (congrats btw- can't wait to see ya on the TX interview trail).
Scored-509
Unscored-510ish
My Post Test reaction:
Oh wow wow wow.
Okay so first off- I want to say that I studied hardcore for C/P, and got 70% on the section banks.

C/P- WHAT THE HELL. I almost asked the proctor if I was in some advanced physics test instead of the MCAT. So much I didn't know. I am pretty sure I didn't even get 40 right. I marked 15, and I did the final passage in 5 minutes and I guessed on one question in the final passage. SO SO SO SO HARD. I was so demoralized at that point. I literally was about to start crying and almost just walked out. Gave myself a pep talk.

CARS- LOVE LOVE LOVE! My favorite section, finished in 45 minutes, and then desperately wanted to transfer time over to C/P. There were 2 questions I waffled back and forth on answers. But I felt good.

B/B- Not bad. Felt okay/comfortable. Probably marked around 10, there was a question on my test that didn't make sense. Like it wasn't written in normal English. I'm praying for 127, especially since C/P destroyed me.

P/S- Normally my second best subject, but there was 1 passage that didn't make sense!!! And a few other questions. Overall not bad, I normally make a 129 on this section. Don't see that happening here, since I probably missed up to 10.

Overall: Worst test. June 2nd C/P was so much easier. Bummed and depressed and confused as to why I didn't void. Honestly, the first thing I said was I shouldn't have even studied for C/P since it was all stuff I didn't know.

Also: I want to resume studying, since I might have to take it again. But I don't know how to study for C/P anymore? I did all I could and I still don't know anything. June 2nd I knew everything. How is this fair.

Hey so I am freaking out and please please don't trust your post test reaction- @TexasSurgeon can attest to how neurotic I was (congrats btw- can't wait to see ya on the TX interview trail).
Scored-509
Unscored-510ish
My Post Test reaction:
Oh wow wow wow.
Okay so first off- I want to say that I studied hardcore for C/P, and got 70% on the section banks.

C/P- WHAT THE HELL. I almost asked the proctor if I was in some advanced physics test instead of the MCAT. So much I didn't know. I am pretty sure I didn't even get 40 right. I marked 15, and I did the final passage in 5 minutes and I guessed on one question in the final passage. SO SO SO SO HARD. I was so demoralized at that point. I literally was about to start crying and almost just walked out. Gave myself a pep talk.

CARS- LOVE LOVE LOVE! My favorite section, finished in 45 minutes, and then desperately wanted to transfer time over to C/P. There were 2 questions I waffled back and forth on answers. But I felt good.

B/B- Not bad. Felt okay/comfortable. Probably marked around 10, there was a question on my test that didn't make sense. Like it wasn't written in normal English. I'm praying for 127, especially since C/P destroyed me.

P/S- Normally my second best subject, but there was 1 passage that didn't make sense!!! And a few other questions. Overall not bad, I normally make a 129 on this section. Don't see that happening here, since I probably missed up to 10.

Overall: Worst test. June 2nd C/P was so much easier. Bummed and depressed and confused as to why I didn't void. Honestly, the first thing I said was I shouldn't have even studied for C/P since it was all stuff I didn't know.

Also: I want to resume studying, since I might have to take it again. But I don't know how to study for C/P anymore? I did all I could and I still don't know anything. June 2nd I knew everything. How is this fair.

I'm so so so happy for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
125/127/127/129 508
NS 1-7 all 507
AAMC Scored 504
This is better than expected. Nothing less than 125 was my goal. I'm going to take this one and run with it.

up 1-2 points in each section, but dropped in P/S. Got a 130 last time, so there wasn't much room to go up anyway

so relieved

NS scores were 504/504/507/510/506
AAMC scored 510
Real 509

KINDA bummed but kinda not....guess I'll be stuck in TX forever!!! lol

Glad to see all the June MCAT takers doing well! You guys are some of the best of the best so always keep that in mind.

PS. Why is there a MUA caribbean school ad right under all these great MCAT scores on my browser? Wrong forum MUA. Idk what MUA even is.
PSS. Now if AMCAS could just be verified(submitted June 24th) that would be great...lol

Just calculated my Lizzy M 66.3, what does this mean? I have a lower cgpa 3.63 with a VERY strong upward trend 3.9 last 60 hours. Do they look at this?sGPA is 3.75

Congrats on all your scores! For those who took EK and/or NS full lengths do you mind posting your scores?

Hi! I took all 4 EK exams and scored between 60-68% on all of them. To give you an idea of how hard the CARS is on EK- I was scoring 58% on it in EK and got 130 on the real thing.
NS1- 515
Real-512 (Can't stop saying it- my new favourite number) EEk.

Oh god I didn't post in this thread before but I also took the exam on Jun 18

I got a 515 (130/125/130/130)!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CARS is a bit low but I'm ESL so I think it's good.

AAMC scored: 511 (129/126/128/128)
AAMC unscored: 73%/72%/75%/80%
dsfhgdsfhsdlfhlkfhljdhgllllllgjlerhglkhdfg

Lol everybody did so good... 506 guys... time to start studying for a retake. For those of you that did did amazing, can you PM me how you studied and what you used?
Me too actually please. I'm leaning towards retaking it myself to specifically improve on CARS

First MCAT: 26 (2014) 9/9/8 or some crap, didn't study smart at all
Second MCAT: 504 (129/125/127/123) in 2015 (equivalent to 28), curse you psych

6/18 MCAT: 511 (131/126/129/125) *equivalent to 33, curse you psych yet again
You guys think this will hold me back? Or the fact that I have 3 retakes?

Guys this has been such a long long long journey for me. Over the past 2 years, I've had breakdowns and frustrations over an exam that I made out to be much more significant than I really should have but we all know how important an exam like this is for medical school. We just took the hardest standardized test ever made. ever. I hope you guys know that when you see your score. If there's anyone that's been through the frustrations of this test, it's me. It's made me go to hell and back and I've had to manage so much along with it. If you're feeling bummed about your test, please realize that you might need more a little bit more time to do well and keep your head up through the water. Keep treading and please feel free to PM me with any concerns or frustrations. I'd like to help out.

There's people on the 2014 threads when I first started studying, the 2015 when I was doing it again, and all of you from 2016. Obviously way too many to tag but please remember that you guys mean a lot to me.

Reactions: 11 users
Scored-509
Unscored-510ish
My Post Test reaction:
Oh wow wow wow.

Totally agree with this. I completely thought that I had failed. I also only did 3 complete full-lengths from test prep companies, not AAMC, so I didn't have a clue as to what my score might be around. I had the worst insomnia this entire month and I kept on picking arguments with my parents cause I was so on edge, but it turned out alright. Thank goodness for a good scale.

First MCAT: 26 (2014) 9/9/8 or some crap, didn't study smart at all
Second MCAT: 504 (129/125/127/123) in 2015 (equivalent to 28), curse you psych

6/18 MCAT: 511 (131/126/129/125) *equivalent to 33, curse you psych yet again
You guys think this will hold me back? Or the fact that I have 3 retakes?

Guys this has been such a long long long journey for me. Over the past 2 years, I've had breakdowns and frustrations over an exam that I made out to be much more significant than I really should have but we all know how important an exam like this is for medical school. We just took the hardest standardized test ever made. ever. I hope you guys know that when you see your score. If there's anyone that's been through the frustrations of this test, it's me. It's made me go to hell and back and I've had to manage so much along with it. If you're feeling bummed about your test, please realize that you might need more a little bit more time to do well and keep your head up through the water. Keep treading and please feel free to PM me with any concerns or frustrations. I'd like to help out.

There's people on the 2014 threads when I first started studying, the 2015 when I was doing it again, and all of you from 2016. Obviously way too many to tag but please remember that you guys mean a lot to me.

I was wondering what you are using for the score conversion to the old MCAT? I've been using Efle's score conversion chart, but it seems to be different from your source.

504---127/123/126/128

CARRRSSSSSSS, why have you cursed me?! I'm extremely happy that I went from a 23 last year to a 28 this year though. Might look like a Master's program in the spring and retake for me, which is fine. Gotta keep L-I-V-I-N'
Scored: 503
Unscored: 509
EK 1-4: 503 to 506

Kaplan Diagnostic (3 months prior, no content review): 500
AAMC Sample Test (14 days out): 83%/89%/78%/76%
AAMC Scored Practice (7 days out) 510 127/128/128/127
Actual: 511 127/130/127/127

Love me some CARS; the only section I did zero studying for too lol. Happy.

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone please tell me how to improve my CARS score? Like rather than taking tips and strategies, how do you do a full on study mode for CARS?

ahhh a bit disappointed but still applying this cycle because my score is more than just CARS...scored FL: 510, actual: 508 129/124/128/127...usually do better on Psy...Cars I was surprised because I thought it was easy, but it seems like the curve was crazy for that, hopefully adcoms understand that lol averaged around a 505 for Next Step tests

500.... I cried and laughed then cried and laughed again because I know it's not the end of the world but gosh I just don't want to take this exam over again. This sucks.

Pleaseeee someone tell me how you guys studied because I definitely will be retaking. I just don't know when to do it. Will late August exam be too soon?! Too late for this cycle. Kind of at a standstill right now. Any advice would help.

Also congratulations to those who got the scores you wanted. You guys inspire me and I am so proud and happy for you. Truly.

Can someone please tell me how to improve my CARS score? Like rather than taking tips and strategies, how do you do a full on study mode for CARS?
I didn't get a perfect score in CARS (130), but if it helps, here's what I did. I first read through the Kaplan strategy for CARs, which teaches you how to make a quick outline for each reading and how to identify key words. For the first few weeks when I began doing practice CARs tests, I did make an outline for each reading, but over time, I think that you get a sense of what info is important, so instead of making outlines, I switched to highlighting key sentences as well as the key words. I used EK101 for practice (half a test per day). I know that some people say that EK101, which was for the old MCAT, isn't representative of the new CARs, but I still found it very good for practicing how to read critically. Hope this was helpful!

522...i really hope they didnt make a mistake in the scoring.

BUT GUYS I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!! I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW I GOT THIS SCORE!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
511/3.8 cum/sci GPA. TX resident. Think this will get me into the shots of UTH, Southwestern or BCM (maybe?). I've got heavy research

other than having to take this damn test 3 times, no real red flags here.