**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2011-2012**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYU's second deposit is due April 2nd, which is also the same day that dental schools must report to the ADEA which students have committed to their schools, so that students will be contacted to make final decisions. You should expect some movement on NYU's waitlist as students may choose to pull out of NYU, rather than pay the $3,500 second deposit. Quite a few people, like myself, might hear good news from our top choices over the next 2 weeks as other students may pull out of our top choices so all hope is not lost because even a full class is never really full until mid-April. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

after wild SB trip in vegas, check my portal. interview for UDM, wooohoooo! Not sure if I'm gonna go tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado rejection via email yesterday. Interview was in October.

Interesting thing happened today. I received a call from Nova Southeastern inviting me to an interview.....
The odd thing is, they already sent me a letter (not an email) of rejection. THis left me wondering what is going on over at Nova???? Have they already gone through their wait list and still have empty seats?!?! Not good news if you are Nova bound IMO......... Perhaps it was just some sort of mistake but who knows, could be a blessing for someone else. Good luck to anyone waiting for a response from NOVA.

Thank you :) yes I did get a phone call

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting thing happened today. I received a call from Nova Southeastern inviting me to an interview.....
The odd thing is, they already sent me a letter (not an email) of rejection. THis left me wondering what is going on over at Nova???? Have they already gone through their wait list and still have empty seats?!?! Not good news if you are Nova bound IMO......... Perhaps it was just some sort of mistake but who knows, could be a blessing for someone else. Good luck to anyone waiting for a response from NOVA.

Wow, thats amazing. I know a handful of people on the waitlist, and I dont think that any of them have been contacted for an acceptance yet.

Accepted to Michigan today. I had been on the waitlist for about a month.

Accepted to Michigan today. I had been on the waitlist for about a month.

Congratulations! Michigan seemed like a great place when I went up there to interview. I never applied to UDM, so I've never seen the school, but I've heard great things about their clinical prep. Ha, I've just seen your posts along the way, so I wondered what you would do if you got into both. Are you leaning one way, still up in the air, or have you decided? Sorry, not trying to be too nosy, but I'm curious.

Roseman acceptance today!!!! just got the phone call and i'm so excited!

One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make - I sent a withdrawal email to Loma Linda last night, so hopefully someone will get pulled off their waitlist soon!

ASDOH rejection via email today. Interview was in November.

Midwestern AZ or Medical University of South Carolina?

I am out of state at both.

Feedback on areas, school reputation, program in general (classes, clinics) would be greatly appreciate!

Midwestern AZ or Medical University of South Carolina?

I am out of state at both.

Feedback on areas, school reputation, program in general (classes, clinics) would be greatly appreciate!

Midwestern: cheap cost of living, excellent facilities, great patient base/ease of getting patients, large amount of clinical experience/procedures due to no residency programs, and if it's a concern they receive full accreditation in April. Oh and I'm attending, so that's pretty significant. ;)

Rejection - University of Louisville (UL) (no interview)

School: Midwestern-AZ
Notification Date: 3/27/2012
Method of Notification: Phone call
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS Mail Date: September 28, 2011
GPA (Science/Overall): 3.40/3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any below 17): 19/19/21/23

This is for anyone wondering whether contacting the school you where you are wait-listed helps. I emailed my interviewer (Dr. Polk) yesterday (3/26) and asked him if there was anything else that I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait-list, and I expressed my sincere interest in attending MWU. I received an email promptly back saying to hang in there and that he had a feeling something would happen before the next cycle began. Today at 3:30 that something happened.
I can't say how much my contacting Dr. Polk helped but I was accepted the next day. I think that letting him know that I was still interested in the school even after being wait-listed was important. :thumbup:

School: Midwestern-AZ
Notification Date: 3/27/2012
Method of Notification: Phone call
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS Mail Date: September 28, 2011
GPA (Science/Overall): 3.40/3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any below 17): 19/19/21/23

This is for anyone wondering whether contacting the school you where you are wait-listed helps. I emailed my interviewer (Dr. Polk) yesterday (3/26) and asked him if there was anything else that I could do to improve my chances of getting off of the wait-list, and I expressed my sincere interest in attending MWU. I received an email promptly back saying to hang in there and that he had a feeling something would happen before the next cycle began. Today at 3:30 that something happened.
I can't say how much my contacting Dr. Polk helped but I was accepted the next day. I think that letting him know that I was still interested in the school even after being wait-listed was important. :thumbup:
:thumbup: congrats

just withdrew from penn dental. attending tufts. good luck to everyone on penn's waiting list!

Waitlisted at NYU post interview...let's hope it moves quickly!

Waitlisted at NYU post interview...let's hope it moves quickly!

probably will. nyu's 2nd deposit is due monday and some people are not sure about nyu, even those who put in both deposits. so it should move next week :)

Just withdrew from temple, going to attend NYU. Good luck to anyone waiting for temple!

I interviewed march 5, what about you BRM?

Wait listed at Roseman..interview was 12/13.

Hey tcn79, did you get a notification from Roseman? How do you know? I did not get any information regarding my application status yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Hey tcn79, did you get a notification from Roseman? How do you know? I did not get any information regarding my application status yet. Any information would be appreciated.

I'm curious if there is anyone who interviewed but has not been accepted and has been selected as an alternate.

Prayer, they sent emails Friday for alternates. When did you interview?

hey dmdluffy, I interviewed at Roseman back in November. I am not sure what this means. Could this mean that I am rejected?

I was put on the alternate list on Friday at Roseman. I wonder, how many people are on this list?

UDM interview invite, but will going to withdraw it.

UOP rejection via AADSAS webpage

Last edited: