*Official* "IM Interviews Offered" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
firstdoc said:
Invite from Beth Israel Deaconess today :)

Firstdoc -- I've noticed that since you vented here, you've gotten a couple of invites! I think I'll try the trick:

I'm bored with waiting, and life would be so much easier to be able to finalize all of my travel plans if I could hear from just a few more places...

:sleep:

Does pleading work??? :confused: :love: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

O.K.! I am trying out the ‘famous luck factory’ and posting here. :scared: :luck:
This is the last chance that I am giving to the programs that I have not heard from yet! It has been very frustrating to see NOTHING in my mailbox in every half an hour for the last two weeks. :( Waiting until this Friday and shaping up my traveling plans this weekend! :cool: :luck:
Is there anyone there on the other side???? :love: :luck:

interview from Tufts- NEMC today. Bout time, couldn't beleive they wouldn't interview me but ya never no ya no.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Nick....who would not want to interview you right?

Duke gave you the axe too huh? Funny how that happens....

I thought you were doing E.R. though? what happened?

Adding Univ. of Washington and UT-Houston. Gosh, this whole thing is just frustrating - especially when they only provide a limited interview dates. Good luck everybody.

1. Univ. Washington
2. UT Houston
3. Columbia
4. Cornell
5. Northwestern
6. UT Southwestern
7. Baylor
8. UCLA
9. Stanford
10.Cedars-Sinai
11.Harbor-UCLA
12.USC
13.Olive View-UCLA
14.Rush - declined

Waiting: UCSD and Univ. Chicago (and others that I probably don't care about or don't remember anymore)

Rejected: Penn, Boston X3, UCSF, Tufts

Okay, seems like the invites are winding down... now on to the interviewing...

Interviews:
Winthrop - done
Maimonides
NY Methodist
UConn - may cancel
MCV - may cancel
Wake Forest - cancelled
Carolinas - cancelled
UCSF-Fresno - cancelled
Loma Linda
USC
Cedars-Sinai
Baystate - cancelled
St Luke's NYC
Christina Care - may cancel
Alameda - cancelled
Kaiser Oakland - cancelled
UMass - cancelled
Jacobi - cancelled
Forest Hills
Olive View
St Mary's - Long Beach

Rejected: GW, UNC, Irvine, LIJ, Duke, Maryland
Still waiting on some, but I pretty much have the ones I want... if you're wondering why so many applied and so many cancelled- I'm couples matching and my SO is not getting much love in EM so he may end up scrambling, which we figure will be easiest in big cities - either LA or NYC.

Best of :luck: to you all interviewing! Hope to see you on the trail! I'll be the one in the lucky dark green suit. :D

just got OHSU.
Not sure if I can go...

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo... Duke? Aaaaaaaaaanybody hooooooooooooome?
Oh well, probably not gonna go, since I have my other interviews scheduled... all in January! Yikes! It'll be fun I'm sure.

As an aside, Steelers MUST dismantle the Cincinnati Bungles again!!!!

REJECTED by Columbia.... grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

so, my "still waiting to hear from" list has dwindled now to four:

Cornell
Mt Sinai
NYU
BIDMC

tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock

Z

trying the post a plea, get an interview strategy....
waiting to hear from: u of washington, OHSU, U of Chicago and some random others i dont't even remember...

gl to everyone still playing the waiting game :luck:

how is columbia sending rejections? email? eras?

Members don't see this ad :)
upekkha said:
how is columbia sending rejections? email? eras?

Mine came through both email & eras.

hi!

I am applying for preliminary/transitional spots and am content with the range of interviews I've received (range from solid more relaxed community hospitals to places like Mayo). I have an interview request for Johns Hopkins/Sinai and the only thing I know about them is they are a community hospital affiliate of JHU and that the Scutwork.com evals. include some rather scathing comments. If I do not go to this interview, I still have 11 programs to choose from to rank. If the program has great teaching I'd love to go, but I only know pretty negative stuff so far. If anyone can help me (and save me the cost of yet another hotel room and a tank of gas) it would be great. ;)

i ended up cancelling my interview at hopkins-sinai as one of my friends, a recent graduate, pretty much echoed some of the more 'scathing' comments from scutwork...i am going to my hopkins-bayview interview though...

does anyone know when u of maryland stops sending out invites??? i will be in the md area for my hopkins-bayview interview and wanted to do U of MD at the same time...i'm a little bit cautious about calling about my status as at this point in the game it pretty much looks like a rejection and i dont need comfirmation of that over the phone...ugh...let me know already!!! :mad:

IntMed said:
when did you certify? :)

I certified on Sep 11.

OHSU had like only 2 dates available. Luckily one of the dates was in between my UW and Stanford interview.

Interviews: (no order)
NYHQ-Cornell
Nassau University Medical Center
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
Albert Einstein College of Medicine- Beth Israel Medical Center
Albert Einstein College of Medicine- Jacobi
Mount Sinai School of Medicine- Elmhurst
Columbia-Presbyterian
SUNY- Brooklyn
Lenox Hill
Maimonides Medical Center
SUNY at Stony Brook Program

Rejections:
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Harlem Hospital Center
NYU Downtown Hospital
New York Medical College- Westchester Medical Center
NYU

Cancelled:
Mt. Sinai-Cabrini (scutwork absolutely poo-poo'd on it)

Waiting On: 17 Programs!!!! Call them...nothin'....E-mail them...nothin'
Cornell
Montefiore
Mt. Sinai (main campus)
St. Vinny's
St.Lukes-Roosevelt
Seton Hall University
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson
Bronx-Lebanon Hospital
Brooklyn Hospital
Long Island College Hospital
Mt. Sinai- Bronx
Mt. Sinai- Queens Hospital Center
New York Medical College- Brooklyn/Queens
New York Medical College- Our Lady of Mercy
New York Methodist
North Shore University Hospital
Winthrop

BTW...do other people find it weird that you get accepted for interviews at certain places but rejected from others that you applied to b/c you thought they were a freakin' SAFETY!!!

FINALLY got Univ. of Washington to give me a nod... these were the dates that they offered me, for those still planning around them:
Monday, December 12, 2005
Monday, January 9, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Friday, January 27, 2006
Monday, January 30, 2006

"final list" (in order going)
Duke
UMD
JHU
UVA
Thomas Jefferson
Mayo roch
UChicago
Northwestern
U Wisconsin
U Michigan
BIDMC
BU
Brigham
U Washington

Rejected from: UPenn, MGH
Had to turn down: Ohio St., U Cincy, UConn, Brown, Wash U Stl, UNC

Best of luck to all still waiting :luck: Going into to this, I never thought any of the IMED people would be waiting this long for invites/rejections!!!

I finally got an invite from U. of Washington as well. Have cancelled a few and my final list is:

Duke
UNC
UPenn
BIDMC
MGH
U of Chicago
NW
OHSU
Emory
U of Washington

Good luck to everyone!!

Still nada from Sinai and Columbia. I just don't know what is taking them so long. I"ve already booked my trip to NYC so if they decide to grant me an intervew but don't have dates while I'm there, that sucks. I had no idea that these places would keep us all waiting till december. It's IM for crying out loud!

Interviews:
MGH
Baylor
Emory
Cornell
NYU
UC Denver
UCSD (cancelling)

Rejections: UW, UCSF, Brigham

Waiting on Columbia and Mt. Sinai!!!

GIMed said:
Still nada from Sinai and Columbia. I just don't know what is taking them so long. I"ve already booked my trip to NYC so if they decide to grant me an intervew but don't have dates while I'm there, that sucks.

I think you have interviews at some of the better NYC programs already. Take the time to enjoy the museums, walk around the local neighborhoods and watch a Broadway show rather than rushing around trying to interview at an additional 2 programs...

Interviews:
Stanford
UCSF
UMDNJ-RWJ
Jefferson
Penn
Hopkins
NYU
UTSW (not sure if I'll go)

Still waiting, but if offerred won't attend (flight is already booked):
Columbia

Rejected:
MGH, BWH ---- a bunch of Massholes

trickyricky said:
Hi -I just wondered if anyone knows if U Miami has sent out invites yet? Also St Lukes-Roosevelt NY, Cook County, Columbia, Cornell??

Hi, im also waiting on Univ. of Miami. I have seen some invites in this forum like 4 or 5 but dont know if those are UM students (which get them almost automatically) or are out of state students.

U Miami has sent out invites to out of state people. The invites and confirmation both come through snail mail so checking eras really is of no help. good luck.

GIMed said:
Still nada from Sinai and Columbia. I just don't know what is taking them so long. I"ve already booked my trip to NYC so if they decide to grant me an intervew but don't have dates while I'm there, that sucks. I had no idea that these places would keep us all waiting till december. It's IM for crying out loud!

Interviews:
MGH
Baylor
Emory
Cornell
NYU
UC Denver
UCSD (cancelling)

Rejections: UW, UCSF, Brigham

Waiting on Columbia and Mt. Sinai!!!

GIMed,

i totally feel your pain man... i am still waiting on Cornell, Mt. Sinai, and NYU... i have already attempted to call/e-mail them regarding my application status, and i'm not going to dare trying this again.... i also cannot understand how it could be december 7th, and still nothing from these three programs. ludicrous, in my humble opinion.

incidentally, i am still waiting on BIDMC.

just reject me already.....

Z.

Finally! Received invite. Not sure I can make it (limited dates offered). That's it for me. Good luck to all!!

mango

Zolpidem25 said:
GIMed,

i totally feel your pain man... i am still waiting on Cornell, Mt. Sinai, and NYU... i have already attempted to call/e-mail them regarding my application status, and i'm not going to dare trying this again.... i also cannot understand how it could be december 7th, and still nothing from these three programs. ludicrous, in my humble opinion.

incidentally, i am still waiting on BIDMC.

just reject me already.....

Z.

Just got the invite from U. Chicago and the axe from UCSD. I guess programs are still sending invites. GL to all.

also just got an invite from Columbia. Strange that I called earlier the very same day to check on the status of my application. Only waiting on two more (u washington and nyu). good luck to all those who are also waiting...

BIDMC today. Sweet, now if I can pull U Chicago I will be happy as a clam.

quidnunc said:
Just got the invite from U. Chicago and the axe from UCSD. I guess programs are still sending invites. GL to all.

Got the axe from UCSD via email, just hours after contacting them to inquire about my status. Still waiting on U of Chicago; at least I know they were still sending out invites as of 12/9.

Fermi said:
Got the axe from UCSD via email, just hours after contacting them to inquire about my status. Still waiting on U of Chicago; at least I know they were still sending out invites as of 12/9.

i'm STILL waiting on the new york programs + BIDMC.

today is dec 13th. last time i checked, i wasn't applying for orthopedic surgery. this is internal medicine, for the love....

does anyone have any news?

Fermi said:

Scratch that. Got the axe from U Chicago today.

Rejection list: U Dub, Northwestern, U Chicago, Brigham, UCSD, Stanford

Interviews coming up: Mayo, OHSU, Wash U, Michigan, Maine, Dartmouth

Also regretting not applying to BIDMC but based on these results I'm not sure I would get an interview anyway.

Axed from UChicago. No subject whatsoever. But nice-sounding:

"While your qualifications are impressive, we are unable to offer you an
invitation. We wish you continued success in all future professional endeavors."

Much better than some places.

Still waiting: Cornell, NYU, BIDMC. Doubt I'll get any of them at this point.

When was the last anyone heard from Brown? I am just waiting on Brown and GW. Help!

UCSF today...apparently was invited earlier but never received invite via eras nor via email...must have been some email error...reminding people to make sure they contact schools they have not heard from as they may have even sent you something and it got lost in the email...no joke...now that it is so late (limited dates, etc), dont know if I will likely attend...oh well...

MS IV at middle tier school
USMLE Step 1: 257
USMLE Step 2 CS: Pass (not sent yet)
USMLE Step 2 CK: Awaiting results
AOA
Lots of research experiences, no pubs, 2 case reports in woodwork
Good letters of recs from not super well-known people
Photo - (I think it's the photo that's killing my app )

Programs:

Invited will go:

B/W
Yale
Columbia
cornell
UPENN
JHU
BIDMC
NYU
Tufts – NEMC
BU
Brown
MGH
Mt Sinai
Emory (attended)
UMDNJ – NJMS (attended)
UMDNJ – RWJMS (attended)
Thomas Jefferson
Albert Einstein – Montefiore (attended)

Invited will likely not attend but will try to get to them if money/time allows:
Stanford (have not responded)
Cedars Sinai (cancelled)
UCLA (cancelled)
U Chicago (currently scheduled)
St vincents NY (cancelled)
Westchester Med NY (currently scheduled)
UCSF (have not responded)
UPitt (currently scheduled)

Not invited to attend (likely would not have attended for location reasons): Duke

P.S. that ends my interviews offered season (heard from all the schools)...thanks for the support from many of you, and best of lucks to many others...thus far it has been a rather crazy journey refreshing my inbox...hope everyone gets the invites they are hoping for if they are still waiting, and good luck on the trail...

Final List (waiting on Cornell, Columbia, will not interview if offered)

Cleveland Clinic Nov 30
Case Western Reserve Dec 1
UCSD Dec 6
UC Davis Dec 9
Mayo Rochester Dec 16
William Beaumont Dec 23
U Michigan Jan 4
BIDMC Jan 17
BU Jan 18
Tufts NEMC Jan 19 (crazy stretch)
Yale New Haven Jan 20
UNC Jan 30

Hope to see some of you on the interview trail, say hello if you recognize me.

Received NYU invite.

List

Cornell
Columbia
NYU
Mt Sinai
Yale
UPenn
Hopkins
Duke
UVA
UTSW
UNC
GWU
UChicago
Northwestern

Still have not heard from UChicago. I called today and was told that they are STILL sending out invitations. Ridiculous. Have not heard from BID either. Not really interested there though.

Still waiting on NYU, but don't know if I can make it.

Harbor-UCLA 12/22
Cedars Sinair 1/3
Olive View UCLA 1/10
USC 1/12
Cornell 1/18 (start of a hectic run)
Columbia 1/19
Northwestern 1/20
UCLA 1/23
U. Chicago 1/24
Baylor 1/26
UTSW 1/27
U.Wash 1/30
Stanford 1/31

received NYU yesterday....

Still waiting on: Cornell, Mt Sinai, BIDMC

finally, got an invite from BID...

so, my official list...

BID
ucla
brown
northwestern
rush
u of washington

and some others...will be attending 10 interviews...my invite wait is officially over...thank God!

good luck to all still waiting

just got NYU yesterday...now, struggling to find a way to squeeze it into my schedule

only waiting on U of Washington...not that it matters now.

hey, what are UCSF's interview dates left for january again? :confused: still on hold and my fridays are pretty muc filled... :scared:

Wow, got NYU today. That was random. The lady in the office initially told me that my app was on hold and they'd review it in January! But who am I to complain?

Still waiting on Cornell and BIDMC. I haven't seen anybody post rejections yet so I'm resigned to the fact that I'm done in the eyes of both of them.

It's funny. All the rejections I got were from programs I tried to contact, with maybe 1 exception. Go figure.