Official (I guess) Emory Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muchlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seemed like every other school had one. Like the flies drawn into a bug zapper, I had to follow the light. So, who's coming to Emory? Everyone straight with housing? Just got my lease from Clairmont Apartments. Don't let the "no deposit" thing fool you....you still have to send them $300. :smuggrin: I hope it goes as a credit to first month's rent though!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be at Emory for the class of '09. See you at orientation!

Hydrophilic said:
I'll be at Emory for the class of '09. See you at orientation!

See you guys there :) I already live pretty close to campus so I won't be at Clairmont, but I may need to come visit frequently to use the pool! I'm really excited, but then all of a sudden out of nowhere yesterday I was hit with a wave of "Oh my God I'm going to medical school and I don't know anything" panic :eek:

What to do with the last month and a half of freedom, that is the question! ;) I think I'm going to switch to part-time at my current job in June, for starters :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Tigger27 said:
See you guys there :) I already live pretty close to campus so I won't be at Clairmont, but I may need to come visit frequently to use the pool! I'm really excited, but then all of a sudden out of nowhere yesterday I was hit with a wave of "Oh my God I'm going to medical school and I don't know anything" panic :eek:

What to do with the last month and a half of freedom, that is the question! ;) I think I'm going to switch to part-time at my current job in June, for starters :D

I think I was hit about a month ago. That was the day I decided to put in my notice for the middle of June and start an official "I'm not doing a thing" week. I'm pretty excited though!

It's hard for me to believe, however, that there are only 3 people on this whole site going to Emory! Come on future Emory students! Let's mingle! (Maybe I need to make some more friends...I sound a little desperate!) :oops:

It's hard for me to believe, however, that there are only 3 people on this whole site going to Emory! Come on future Emory students! Let's mingle! (Maybe I need to make some more friends...I sound a little desperate!)

I'm starting at Emory in July, but I will be an intern. So while you guys are sipping mochas memorizing cranial nerve nuclei, I will be buried under a mountain of scutwork at Grady.

Seriously though, I am excited to start.

Hey guys. I am sooo excited about Emory!!! I'm glad we have an official thread :)

I got an email from Clairmont on Friday so my lease will most likely come in the mail this week!
Are you guys going to the housing weekend? I had planned on going, but the ticket prices were ridiculous from NY so I decided not to :(

So...I don't know anyone at Emory and I'm really looking forward to meeting future classmates :) I loved everyone during my interview so I'm sure I'll love ya'll too! Can't wait!

I also can't wait to stop working...I graduated a semester early and my job is killing me.

See everyone soon! Keep in touccccch

mbp22 said:
Hey guys. I am sooo excited about Emory!!! I'm glad we have an official thread :)

I got an email from Clairmont on Friday so my lease will most likely come in the mail this week!
Are you guys going to the housing weekend? I had planned on going, but the ticket prices were ridiculous from NY so I decided not to :(

So...I don't know anyone at Emory and I'm really looking forward to meeting future classmates :) I loved everyone during my interview so I'm sure I'll love ya'll too! Can't wait!

I also can't wait to stop working...I graduated a semester early and my job is killing me.

See everyone soon! Keep in touccccch

I won't be at the housing weekend either, but I can't wait to meet you all and everyone else in July :)

Sorry to Butt in..... I will be starting dental school this fall in FL, but I graduated from Emory undergrad. If anyone does not want to live on campus I suggest living at Post Briarcliff or getting a townhome on the corner of clifton and Houstoun Mill rd. Both of those are not packed with undergrads so that you can plan on some peace and quite if needed. Good Luck!

Well, well....nice to hear from everybody! If I had the free time and money, I would go to the housing weekend just to meet people, but....I don't want to start using loan money yet!

So I was thinking about buying a laptop when school starts. Someone said to me that Emory might have a required computer this year, but I just got the email that said no, we don't. Does anyone have any suggestions about what kind of computer to get?

So, when is everyone moving down to ATL?

P.S. Shouts out to the Grady intern and the Emory grad! Wassup!

I was at the housing weekend, and I'm actually still here because my car broke down on the way back home. Hopefully my exodus will begin tonight. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys in July. Stay outta trouble and enjoy the rest of our miserably short summer vacation.

menemotxi said:
I was at the housing weekend, and I'm actually still here because my car broke down on the way back home. Hopefully my exodus will begin tonight. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys in July. Stay outta trouble and enjoy the rest of our miserably short summer vacation.

WOW....that's serious! Hope everything works out with your car. It's just a sign that you are meant to stay in ATL! I'm enjoying my last week of work...so let the summer begin! :)

hey guys!
i just got in off the waitlist last week, and i'm pumped ! i still have not been added to learnlink yet, so i have no clue how to go about finding housing. any recommendations? how much does it cost to live at clairmont and how do i go about applying for that? would i need to find roommates?

Hey, I pm'ed you some contact info for housing info Guillaume, the second year in charge of the housing weekend. I'm still looking for a roommate if you're interested.

See you all in ONE WEEK!!!

:) :D :eek:

I can't wait to meet all of you guys! Enjoy your last weekend of freedom! ;) :p