OFFICIAL. first ever class of evcom acceptees.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patient

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed 12/23

accepted 12/31

I can't wait to start school in August.
I will like to read from my future classmates.
I love the school's ideas .......
I am going to be doctor:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

First off, congratulations!!!

I found out two weeks ago that I was also accepted.

I've got five other interviews scheduled for January, but after interviewing at VCOM, I'm going to cancel them. I was very impressed by the faculty and staff.

Please email me if you want to chat some more.

Eric

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my letter on 12/11. I can't wait until August either.

VCOM
Class of 2007

when do you guys will be the best time to secure housing. VaTech has about 27000 students and we will about 150 in vcom.

evcom is not yet on the fafsa.

Doest it mean we cannot get aid beginning in Aug?

patient, I just found this out also. FAFSA probably just hasn't updated their website yet.

YAH!

I got the call! I'm very excited, I loved the school and the atmosphere. Can't wait to meet everyone! There was talk of a summer get together...

Lemme know if anyone wants to talk housing, I'm thinking about getting a house and looking for roommates b/c I want to be able to take my dog. Anyone interested? I know it's early...

Congrats all!
:D

I am thinking of arranging for a place to live from AUG.
The reason being that Va tech students are numerous and there may be competion for the most convenient place to live since there would be 175 more students arriving.

Anyone else interested????

Hey guys, I went to Tech for undergrad, so let me know if you have any questions about apartments, etc. I'm a bit biased, but Blacksburg is a great college town and Marcus Vick could start at QB next year.

Explorer,

There is a new apt on kraft drive called hunters crossing.

Its just adjacent to vcom and the price starts at 550. Do you think it will be better to leave very close to school to avoid bad weather and traffic or blacksburg has no weather extremes and bad traffic.
I am from atlanta ant traffic here is a huge huge mess...
Thanks

patient - I'm not familiar with those apts., but they sound good - new and inexpensive. My opinion is, most importantly, try to live somewhere not heavily populated by undergrads due to them being loud as hell/up all night Wed or Thurs through Saturday nights - unless you don't think that will bother you.

As for weather and traffic - weather is cold in winter, some snow and traffic is less than nothing compared to Atlanta.

BTW, where is the CRC? Near the airport?

I am currenty at VT so if you have any questions let me know. There is usually plenty of housing around here and its a wonderful place to live. I will be sad to leave since I am graduating in May.

I wish they would send those who have paid the deposits a survey/questionairre so we can find some roommates!!!

Hi everyone who is accepted to evcom's first yr. Congrats. I was wondering what ur stats are like. I am 3.4/20 mcat. I was wondering what chance I have of being accepted this year, realistically. Did anyone with similar stats to mine get an interview or even get in. Thanks everyone

Hi Dr. Jenny,
I would go ahead and apply. As I am sure you know a 20 is a pretty low score, but I have heard of people getting in on 20's and lower. However, I don't know of any examples of these scores being accepted at VCOM. If you have good LOR's and EC's sometimes these can eclipse a low MCAT. If for nothing else applying to a few schools will let them know your out there. When you apply again next year, if this is your plan, they will see that you are a serious and dedicated candidate. Good luck! :)