Official April 4, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molarseeker

Hopeful Future Int. Rad
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is it! Post here if you have registered and if you wanna share study techniques etc.

Members don't see this ad.

So looking at the old threads, we should get our gift cars on may 2nd and scores on the morning of may 7th. I have a final exam on the morning of may 7th. Ima be so tempted to take out my phone to check my score during the final lol.

How are you guys holding up? Not a day goes by where I don't think about my score like sometimes I rationalize that I got a 35, sometimes a 27. I've also become nocturnal again and a lot less productive. It's almost like my last 3 weeks have been a waste.
so some of you are supposed to get "gift cars"?...cant wait to take my trial section

I am so agitated. I just want the scores oncce and for all. Why the hell is aamc holding on to the scores? Its computer generated. Lord have mercy. I keep having nightmares that I got a 20. Can I get into med school with a twenty. This is driving me nuts. OK, one weel left. please let it be over soon. For now, I can focus on my writers block with this personal statement. ugh...

Members don't see this ad :)
Man May 7, that is probably the worst possible date. I start finals that week!!! If its good news that will motivate me, but if the score isn't what I want I know that it will affect my ability to study for the finals. ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!

1st time posting, is it just me or now that we're closer and closer, the weeks seem to be passing slower and slower? I got my card in the morning too. 63% and in the top half, I guess I got lucky since I didn't think that I got that many right. It was my birthday today and the whole time I kept thinking that a week from today is the day I've been waiting for a whole month!

I feel your pain blue rose. Time does seem to move slower, although the first week after the test blew by quick, its been progressively slow ever since.
I had a horrible nightmare that I received my scores through the mail, not sure why, and when I opened it I got a score of 22, now I know for sure I will not score so low, but the seed of doubt has unfortunately been planted.

1st time posting, is it just me or now that we're closer and closer, the weeks seem to be passing slower and slower? I got my card in the morning too. 63% and in the top half, I guess I got lucky since I didn't think that I got that many right. It was my birthday today and the whole time I kept thinking that a week from today is the day I've been waiting for a whole month!

I wonder if they break the trial section into more than quarters? Anyone get a smaller fraction? (I had psych/soc 88%, top quarter.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel your pain blue rose. Time does seem to move slower, although the first week after the test blew by quick, its been progressively slow ever since.
I had a horrible nightmare that I received my scores through the mail, not sure why, and when I opened it I got a score of 22, now I know for sure I will not score so low, but the seed of doubt has unfortunately been planted.

Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine, so don't even linger on that dream. Luckily I haven't had any nightmares but the whole first week I kept telling myself that I pressed the void button instead of the score button! Of course this wasn't true, but I think this waiting game is affecting everyone's state of mind

Had my first dream about scores last night... I got a 43 and was stoked, then found out they had actually given us the 2015 mcat, which is out of a total of 60.

Another dream... I had forgotten to order my score plain, so the AAMC put onions, pickles, lettuce, and tomato on it by default.

Haha that's awesome. Anyone else have trouble falling asleep?? I'm staying up really late every night watching house to distract myself from thinking about it

Although this isn't my exam date, I will be checking in here to see how you guys did. :love:

Haha that's awesome. Anyone else have trouble falling asleep?? I'm staying up really late every night watching house to distract myself from thinking about it

I have no problems falling asleep but I wake up ridiculously early, like 6 am, with no chance whatsoever of falling back to sleep. :scared:

Although this isn't my exam date, I will be checking in here to see how you guys did. :love:

Me too, it's so hard to stay away from the April threads. Hope the 4/4-ers don't mind us stalking them.

I have no problems falling asleep but I wake up ridiculously early, like 6 am, with no chance whatsoever of falling back to sleep. :scared:

Me too, it's so hard to stay away from the April threads. Hope the 4/4-ers don't mind us stalking them.

Milski, you have complete permission to stalk us. I bet a lot of us will owe some of their physical sciences score to tou

guys i know on aamc it says may 7, but i got an email a few weeks ago, cant seem to find it, but it says that the score could be released anytime from may 4 to may 7. So I think there is potential that it comes out tomorrow. Don't want to freak anyone out by this as I am unsure, may have imagined that email like how i dreamed my nightmare scores.

Nah. It comes out on the day they put on the website. I have never heard of scores coming out earlier than that. Also do scores ever come out on a weekend? :shrug:

It's unlikely that they'd release the scores any earlier than 5/7. They've been sticking to the tentative release date pretty well so far.

This is a good time to try meditation, yoga, running, etc. to deal with the uncertainty and stay in a good state of mind.

Also, just appreciate how awesome it is that we're smart enough and fortunate enough to have gotten this far in our education and to have taken and finished this beast of an exam!

It's unlikely that they'd release the scores any earlier than 5/7. They've been sticking to the tentative release date pretty well so far.

This is a good time to try meditation, yoga, running, etc. to deal with the uncertainty and stay in a good state of mind.

Also, just appreciate how awesome it is that we're smart enough and fortunate enough to have gotten this far in our education and to have taken and finished this beast of an exam!

This. :thumbup:

Ya just to confirm what y'all are saying. I saw AAMC twitter page and they explicitly said that the scores will NOT be release before the tentative release date (may 7th). But it can be released after may 7th.

guys i know on aamc it says may 7, but i got an email a few weeks ago, cant seem to find it, but it says that the score could be released anytime from may 4 to may 7. So I think there is potential that it comes out tomorrow. Don't want to freak anyone out by this as I am unsure, may have imagined that email like how i dreamed my nightmare scores.

Definitely will come out on Tuesday not tomorrow. ( unfortunately )

wow didn't think they had a twitter account. and i don't care what anyone else says they for sure have the scores done by now. why making us wait longer than other dates is beyond me.:scared:

Ya just to confirm what y'all are saying. I saw AAMC twitter page and they explicitly said that the scores will NOT be release before the tentative release date (may 7th). But it can be released after may 7th.

well just to go onto a tanget, any football fans here, i cant wait for this next season to start its gonna be epic! 49ers for life!

Wait you had soc/psych and scored in the bottom half? I scored 66% in that section and it says I was in the top half. That makes 0 sense.

It just means that not all the psych/soc trials were the same. The email said compared to people who had the same questions, not the same subject. :)

well just to go onto a tanget, any football fans here, i cant wait for this next season to start its gonna be epic! 49ers for life!
It should be way exciting. I always love the start of a new season, whatever sport it is. To celebrate (or commiserate) the scores being released on the 4th, we're headed to a baseball game. Not much better a way to relax and accept whatever happens. :)

wow didn't think they had a twitter account. and i don't care what anyone else says they for sure have the scores done by now. why making us wait longer than other dates is beyond me.:scared:
I had this super weird dream this week about why it was taking them so long to get the scores out...Each of us had essentially the same questions from one or two tests, but each of us had a variation on those two tests, so no one in the country could get the same test. They were having trouble with the grading algorithm and delayed the release of scores an extra two weeks. EW.

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm freaking out about primary applications more than the MCAT right now. I was slacking off after the exam and now I don't have much time to pre-write any secondaries and have them reviewed by other people. I have official turned to Neurotic Mode.

Are the essays for the secondaries basically the same every year? You get them off SDN? Do most people pre-write their secondaries? I have never done this before.

Are the essays for the secondaries basically the same every year? You get them off SDN? Do most people pre-write their secondaries? I have never done this before.

They are usually the same, and I've only found them on SDN. I've even read that if they arent the same, whatever you prewrite helps you with the new prompt. Not sure if everyone does this, but I think it's part of the SDN culture.

It just means that not all the psych/soc trials were the same. The email said compared to people who had the same questions, not the same subject. :)

Ah, yes now I see. Wonder if missing that little detail explains why I had a nightmare last night where I only got 6 questions right in verbal reasoning haha

First post here! Hey everyone!

2 days! I can't wait... I keep hoping that they will post them tomorrow...

Filling out my TMDSAS app is a good distraction from waiting for test scores. Holy Moly this is a long app!

hey guys one more quick question. so assuming scores come out this Tuesday, would they come out immediately tuesday? Or would it be like 2 oclok on tuesday? If it is tuesday im not above waiting until midnight to check.