***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

monkily_stealth said:
Wow, I know it's been said, but mulling over random questions that pop into my head is killing me. I wish we could at least see the answers to the test somehow (wishful thinking, I know). BTW, PS was a bit harder than usual on my form (CH), but Bio (usually my best section) was a lot harder. Plus there was an entire passage about frog pee, which at that point was just messing with my head.

I had form CM and had the same frog pee passage.
For CM, PS was way easier (which almost threw me off a little... into a false sense of euphoria...) and BS was a lot harder... well it started off really easy... then the last few passage were very hard.

I had two frog passages! The stupid developmental eye passage threw me off (and I'm a developmental major!)... because I actually know about other signaling pathways that utilize those molecules, I was all the more confused about the particular context of the passage... the pitfall of bio section.

gujuDoc said:
Not until you get closer to the test date.

I was really out of it last night. I can't have been making sense. So ignore the above quoted. What I meant to say was not until it gets closer to test score release date, like a week before, will they let you know its coming out.

I was out of it yesterday so most of my posts couldn't have made any sense.

gujuDoc said:
I was really out of it last night. I can't have been making sense. So ignore the above quoted. What I meant to say was not until it gets closer to test score release date, like a week before, will they let you know its coming out.

No worries Guju- I understood what you were saying. Thanks for being so exceptionally helpful with all our questions. Basically, I couldn't live without you :love: .

Members don't see this ad :)
hp85 said:
I had two frog passages! The stupid developmental eye passage threw me off (and I'm a developmental major!)... because I actually know about other signaling pathways that utilize those molecules, I was all the more confused about the particular context of the passage... the pitfall of bio section.

I too had two frog passages, which was just not good! Speaking of not good, I've got a patent law final in a few minutes!!! Anyone is free to send positive mindwaves my way.

Anastasis said:
The chat room - maybe not such a great idea. I keep thinking of everything I know I missed now and I'm kicking myself :barf:
haha, yea, i could only take that for a few minutes and it got way too intense. i kept second guessing what i even put down for answers, so it's definitely not worth stressing about it (nothing we can do now, right??)

gujuDoc said:

no worries!! you're awesome! :D i'm sorry to hear about your situation with your poster and all (read about it on the random thread, but i can't keep up with posting on that one). i hope everything gets worked out!!

gujuDoc said:
I've wondered this my self. Hey since you are a mathematician in a sense and probably understand how to do all that n factorial stuff....

Here's a problem for you.....

There are 26 letters of the alphabet. How many 2 letter combos of the letters can you make from the alphabet, like ab ac ad ae af ag, etc.??

You cannot use the same letter twice to have something like aa either.

The answer to this math question will give you the theoretical number of forms that could be created.

Hi guys! My penchant for doing problems doesn't seem to fade away with the MCAT being done, it seems....damn it all, does it have to be post-mcat, is it post-mcat -- all right, so take my leg!

Seriously, if there are no repeating letters, then I estimate the number of forms to be 26 X 25 = 650. I really doubt there's 650 forms out there, guju!

ciao,

AI

I knew what you meant guju. You are awesome! :)

I've decided that I need psychiatric help. The test is over yet I have such a strong urge to do another practice test. I'm not going to let myself - but how strange is that? :eek:

oxeye said:
I knew what you meant guju. You are awesome! :)

I've decided that I need psychiatric help. The test is over yet I have such a strong urge to do another practice test. I'm not going to let myself - but how strange is that? :eek:

Trust me the whole period after the MCAT is like this for almost everyone that I've ever talked to. Its a mutual feeling. But again, I really wouldn't doubt it if you got a 40 or 41.

scentimint said:
no worries!! you're awesome! :D i'm sorry to hear about your situation with your poster and all (read about it on the random thread, but i can't keep up with posting on that one). i hope everything gets worked out!!

Yeah Mushy, Meg, and Beary are all too quick for even me to keep up with. :laugh: :laugh:

I've got most of the poster stuff straightened out today, but will go talk to my advisor today around 5. I'm just a bit peeved this undergrad basically spent like 3 hours telling me that what the grad students were saying is wrong.

Ha! You all want to hear something funny????????? I totally didn't remember I started the Official Score Release thread for the August takers last year. :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking how to do a search for the others to see how they did, but didn't remember who started the thread. Turns out it was me and I didn't even remember. :p

DrVanNostran said:
I bet you go to Baylor or UTSW :)

:laugh: :laugh: I want to go to UTMB! :laugh: :laugh:

I've heard bad things about how competitive UTSW is so I don't really want to go there; I have friends at Baylor and wouldn't mind going there but they would need to give me a scholarship and I doubt that will happen (first they would need to let me in, and I doubt even more that would happen!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah.. i am having some psychological issues with this MCAT thing. for the past few months it has been my identity, and now my identity is ... dunno. plus, it's out of my control, and some bastard in iowa city, iowa is going to know what I got before I do. i hate that. also, if my score drops and it's as if all my practice was for nothing, I might be one unhappy camper. ugh. ugh. ugh.

:scared:

Perhaps I am the odd ball here, but after the MCAT and all the studying I feel really relaxed..and ready to integrate back into "real" life..

I was worried for a little about my score, but not really..but in June I'm sure I will be paranoid..

for now, some R and R and fun!! :)

Zephyrus said:
yeah.. i am having some psychological issues with this MCAT thing. for the past few months it has been my identity, and now my identity is ... dunno. plus, it's out of my control, and some bastard in iowa city, iowa is going to know what I got before I do. i hate that. also, if my score drops and it's as if all my practice was for nothing, I might be one unhappy camper. ugh. ugh. ugh.

:scared:

I know how you feel! I don't know what to do with myself now; I have a hard time concentrating on my real classes. It's like a weird MCAT-Stockholm syndrome. People keep telling me to relax and do other things, but it's really hard!

Anastasis said:

I've heard bad things about how competitive UTSW is so I don't really want to go there; I have friends at Baylor and wouldn't mind going there but they would need to give me a scholarship and I doubt that will happen (first they would need to let me in, and I doubt even more that would happen!!)

Well Im sure you will get into UTMB in then hehe:) UTSW is one the most competitive schools out thier, but its also one of the best, so not so suprised.

:sleep: 56 days.... :sleep:

gujuDoc said:
Ha! You all want to hear something funny????????? I totally didn't remember I started the Official Score Release thread for the August takers last year. :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking how to do a search for the others to see how they did, but didn't remember who started the thread. Turns out it was me and I didn't even remember. :p
yup, i remembered that you started the thread the last time. that was when i first came onto SDN.

Anastasis said:

I'm not real keen on UTSW, either. That is not to say that it isn't a top-notch Medical School, but most of the people I talk to say that it is VERY research oriented (A direct quote from one of my Professors "Their goal is to turn out Nobel Laureates") whereas I'm more interested in the clinical side of things. Baylor would be ideal for me, but I'm not sure I'll get in after this MCAT :(

Why do you need a scholarship at Baylor and not UTMB? Tuition/Fees are the same at both for TX residents.

So, maybe I'll see you at UTMB.....

jota_jota said:
I'm not real keen on UTSW, either. That is not to say that it isn't a top-notch Medical School, but most of the people I talk to say that it is VERY research oriented (A direct quote from one of my Professors "Their goal is to turn out Nobel Laureates") whereas I'm more interested in the clinical side of things. Baylor would be ideal for me, but I'm not sure I'll get in after this MCAT :(

Why do you need a scholarship at Baylor and not UTMB? Tuition/Fees are the same at both for TX residents.

So, maybe I'll see you at UTMB.....

You probably did fine. I always like to take a look back at the people right after the MCAT and well into the cycle once they had a few acceptances. Its a funny thing to read.

gujuDoc said:
You probably did fine. I always like to take a look back at the people right after the MCAT and well into the cycle once they had a few acceptances. Its a funny thing to read.

I know. I'm this way after EVERY test. My wife just rolls her eyes everytime I get like this.

don_Genaro_27 said:
Hi guys! My penchant for doing problems doesn't seem to fade away with the MCAT being done, it seems....damn it all, does it have to be post-mcat, is it post-mcat -- all right, so take my leg!

Seriously, if there are no repeating letters, then I estimate the number of forms to be 26 X 25 = 650. I really doubt there's 650 forms out there, guju!

ciao,

AI

On the scantron box to indicate which form you have for the writing sample I noticed there were exactly 22 different form options.

gujuDoc said:
About 56 days left.
woohoo, 56 days already!

this is a long and painful process...sigh!
at least i will be able to start working on my apps soon. i still have to figure out where to apply, though.

scentimint said:
woohoo, 56 days already!

this is a long and painful process...sigh!
at least i will be able to start working on my apps soon. i still have to figure out where to apply, though.

You've yet to see the beginning. But once it gets rolling, time will fly. I'm sure about that one.

Well, I think just today I started to forget about my MCAT performance and move on. I still hope the time will fly though :)

Teerawit said:
Well, I think just today I started to forget about my MCAT performance and move on. I still hope the time will fly though :)

From prior experience, that will change tomorrow:) Just kidding, you will be fine :)

Teerawit said:
i thought i had forgotten about it for the most part, but just this morning, i woke up and i thought of another question. i wanted to sit down and figure out if i did it correctly. :)

Good morning:) Things will start flying when we hit the 40s. What is everyone doing to keep themselves busy?

I have been trying to forget it but am a glutton for punishment as I find myself on SDN everyday here with you all, OBVIOUSLY NOT forgetting about it!! :laugh:

On practice tests I was getting anywhere from an 8-12 on sections, most recent AAMC tests were usually 10-11 each section, with the occasional PS slip up (8 or 9).....

If I think about it too much I kinda start to worry! :confused:

DrVanNostran said:
Good morning:) Things will start flying when we hit the 40s. What is everyone doing to keep themselves busy?
clinical research (i.e. work)

oh, and the draft is this weekend...woohoo for football! :D

gujuDoc said:

2nd time taking the mcat for me (27 1st time), got rejected by all schools applied to :smuggrin: , but anyway, was wondering whether it's even worth a CA residents time/$ to apply to texas allopathic schools. I'm considering all my options this time. DO schools look great by the way...thanks for the help

darfom said:
2nd time taking the mcat for me (27 1st time), got rejected by all schools applied to :smuggrin: , but anyway, was wondering whether it's even worth a CA residents time/$ to apply to texas allopathic schools. I'm considering all my options this time. DO schools look great by the way...thanks for the help

It actually doesn't cost a lot to apply. It's like $100 for the first application, and then $10 for each additional. I'm not sure if secondaries have additional fees (I'm sure they do,) but there are only 3 (maybe 4) secondaries that need to be done (Not counting Baylor.)

It's probably easier for a CA resident to get into a TX school than it is for a TX resident to get into a CA school. That being said, TX law states that no more than 10% of the entering class can come from out-of-state.

Good Luck,

Jota

I went to Key West for a short vacation the day after the test. I felt a little better once I got out and was around the ocean for awhile. Then I came back home and got on SDN again...I need to stay away from here.

shellyr33 said:
I went to Key West for a short vacation the day after the test. I felt a little better once I got out and was around the ocean for awhile. Then I came back home and got on SDN again...I need to stay away from here.

Why not? We are not obsessing over our scores hehe. All we did was make a countdown, go in to a chat room, debate multiple questions, talk about studying for August, etc...I think we are ok here hehe ;)

jota_jota said:
Not that much more so than other states. For example, University of AZ accepts 0% out-of-state.

(I believe that it counts some of the states adjacent to AZ as "in-state," however.)

I think Im gonna apply to all the Texas schools, minus UTSW if I score above a 31 or 32. My goal is to eventually live in Texas one, preferably Houston. I was on the TMDSAS website last night and it seems alot better than AMCAS. Its cool how you can send your LORS and Pics to them. If I was to get into a texas school, Id almost certainly go :luck:

Anastasis said:
Reading all those books that piled up!

What books do you plan on read? The Life of Pi is number one my list so far, then maybe Honeymoon with My Brother (I think thats what its called?), and MSAR :D

Also, I think Im going to continue my WoW adventures hehe.

DrVanNostran said:
What books do you plan on read? The Life of Pi is number one my list so far, then maybe Honeymoon with My Brother (I think thats what its called?), and MSAR :D

Also, I think Im going to continue my WoW adventures hehe.
I bought a book called "God's Politics" all about how the right has kidnapped Christianity. (Okay - I won't get political here.) Then I really need to finish the new Wheel of Time book (okay, not so new anymore). I wanted to start the Elric series by Michael Moorcock (yes, that's really his name.) Plus my boyfriend is a huge Asimov fan and I think I need to read the Foundation series so we have something to talk about :laugh:

ChymeChancellor said:
I think we should file a class action lawsuit against the AAMC because waiting for the MCAT score release has caused reporteted incidences of hypertension, anxiety, and a decrease in quality of life. Any takers?

I feel depressed ever since i took the MCAT... i don't want to drag this on until June...
BTW, i'm a newbie here and i's from CAL. :luck:

DrVanNostran said:
I think Im gonna apply to all the Texas schools, minus UTSW if I score above a 31 or 32. My goal is to eventually live in Texas one, preferably Houston. I was on the TMDSAS website last night and it seems alot better than AMCAS. Its cool how you can send your LORS and Pics to them. If I was to get into a texas school, Id almost certainly go :luck:

Texas gets a bad rap from northerners (I know, I used to be a northerner and make all the jokes,) but it's actually a great place to live (especially Austin, which has been in the Money Magazine top 10 places to live numerous times -- Unfortunately there are no Medical Schools in Austin :( )

What I usually tell people is that it's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there (not a lot of touristy type stuff.)

Good Luck Getting Into a TX School!

Jota

jota_jota said:
Texas gets a bad rap from northerners (I know, I used to be a northerner and make all the jokes,) but it's actually a great place to live (especially Austin, which has been in the Money Magazine top 10 places to live numerous times -- Unfortunately there are no Medical Schools in Austin :( )

What I usually tell people is that it's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there (not a lot of touristy type stuff.)

Good Luck Getting Into a TX School!

Jota

I completely know what you mean, when I tell my freinds that I would want to live in Texas, I get reallllly funny looks and remarks lol. To be honest, I would have never ever wanted to live their until I visited Houston and visited a few other places. Such an awesome place to live. You are right though, besides NASA and I guess the Alamo there are many tourist attractions. But you Texans have it good :)

Hope to see ya in school their next fall :D