***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

The April 2006 scores will be available here shortly after 10pm (Eastern).

What do you think they mean by "shortly after"?

1 minute?
1 hour?
60 days? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
premdAshley said:
I wish they were. The examinee data isn't even up yet, and I thought that usually was updated first.

Me too, but apparently these teasers have historically come out the day of the true score release. That giant posting on AAMC's website about the 20th was groundbreaking, let's hope the same goes for the examinee data being absent tonight. :)

I suddenly know what it means to not be able to breather. I don't know if I can press that refresh button when the scores are up.

I recall in the past there were updated messages like "soon.." and "any minute now" and "scores will be up within 15 minutes". Look for message changes. And good luck to you all.

Everytime I check I put my hand up on the screen just incase my scores are there. Hopefully this will prevent going into shock that I have finally received my score.

Dr Durden said:
T-45 minutes and counting....

Freakin out guys, I just registered to Student Doctor, I couldn't take reading all the threads and not responding!
We're all gonna make it, worked too hard not to. Its just a test...but its THE test!
ahhh, need to go pee.
38 min!

I keep arguing with myself over what score I would re-test at. I wish I knew my score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShyRem said:
I recall in the past there were updated messages like "soon.." and "any minute now" and "scores will be up within 15 minutes". Look for message changes. And good luck to you all.

How evil are they?!?!?!?! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
premdAshley said:
I keep arguing with myself over what score I would re-test at. I wish I knew my score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley its gonna be over in 38 min. I have a spanish test tomorrow, should I study now?..or after I get my score? :eek:

They're very evil. But on the other hand, it lets you know it's coming... closer....

Personally I got both of my scores with a glass of wine in one hand. Usually on the second or third glass by the time the scores came out. :p

premdAshley said:

It's times like these when being an atheist sucks... :idea:

ShyRem said:

2 months of no updates, then a day of massive updates..
aamc is having way too much fun with the mcat takers.

i feel like i'm going to cry and barf and hysterically laugh at the same time

healer161 said:
Ashley its gonna be over in 38 min. I have a spanish test tomorrow, should I study now?..or after I get my score? :eek:

Ha, I think studying at this point is a lost cause. 35 min!

healer161 said:

I have a Latin test AND a calculus test. I feel your pain!
I keep trying to study but the suspense is killing me :scared:

healer161 said:

Now, you might not want to after.

I hope you'll be too busy partying with joy to study! :thumbup:

premdAshley said:
The April 2006 scores will be available here shortly after 10pm (Eastern).

So... what's everyone else doing for the next 35 minutes? I know I'm just staring at my screen just hoping it will all go away...

premdAshley said:

Regardless of my scores, I will not be putting myself through all of this again!

Hi all! I'm back from dinner and have a half of bottle of Shiraz under my belt! Another half to go before the score release!

danjo said:
Regardless of my scores, I will not be putting myself through all of this again!

Hi all! I'm back from dinner and have a half of bottle of Shiraz under my belt! Another half to go before the score release!

I'm going in with Syrah.........yum

When will they start posting these wicked little reminder messages??? Are they on the THx screen?

danjo said:

well played. half into the riesling right now. it'll help no matter the result! enjoy.

ecoffin said:
So... what's everyone else doing for the next 35 minutes? I know I'm just staring at my screen just hoping it will all go away...

Freecell and Spider Solitare. Refreshing between moves.

premdAshley said:
I'm going in with Syrah.........yum

I'm in with a margarita and two glasses of red. We apparently shifting to ummm.. something with a hebrew bottle I can't read. Yeah, bring it on.

Ideally I'll be able to read, but not able to interpret the scores before I go to bed.

premdAshley said:
When will they start posting these wicked little reminder messages??? Are they on the THx screen?
i dont think i want it anymore..ugh

premdAshley said:
I'm afraid that if I check to see the "wicked little message," my score might accidentally be posted...lol

Congratulations everyone! We all had the guts to face this beast and the patience to wait this long! Woot woot! I'm gonna go have a beer on us, if you don't mind. :D

mcat shmcat said:
what is shiraz?

*Any wine buffs out there can certainly help me out on this one*
It's a variety of red wine that is typically made in Australia. I believe Syrah is the equivalent American-made wine.

I've resisted the jack thus far....28 minutes to go....all right....maybe just one drink...

I guess I'm not quite as nervous as you guys cuz I know that at 9pm the score won't just pop up in my face. I know I can decide when I'm ready to see it :laugh: