Official AAMC Practice Test 1 (Nov 2015) Q&A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesitnationMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the AAMC finally releasing a practice test (with scoring) for the new MCAT, I figured its time to have a QnA thread like we have for all the older practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not opened the PT yet, I am saving it for Jan (my test date). I have started on the "new" section pack released this week and THERE ARE REPEAT PASSAGES from older AAMC materials. Can anyone say if there are repeats on the new AAMC PT? If so, I am going to ask for a partial refund.

Feedback has varied about this exam, as it was with the previous AAMC released exams. some found it easier than previous exams (true), while others found it harder than previous MCATs (also true). There is no wrong way to respond to the exam as each will play to different concepts which some people find easy or hard.

The general consensus on SSDN seems to find this exam average to easy, which may be due to the fact that it re-uses older questions that were previously on older AAMC exams. focus on how YOU did on it and what areas it highlights for you as strengths or weaknesses, or MCAT strategies you need to work on.