Official 7/14/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjosh33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this date posted yet, but I know I can't be the only one taking it on this day. It's almost exactly two months away, and hopefully everybody's prep is productive so far. I've been doing a lot of practice tests, and, at the advice of others, ordered a quarterly subscription to The Economist to try and help out with Verbal (jury's still out on that one). My target score is going to be tough to reach, and I still have a lot of work to do to get there. We'll see how it goes in about 60 days.

Any other "7/14ers" out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never understood why people worry about the curve. If the test is hard they raise your score because it's lower than it should be compared to other tests. if the tests easy they lower your score for the same reason. Either way you still get what you deserve relative to other people... Your score won't be higher our lower than it "should" be... You'd likely get the same score had you taken a different version of the test

I think because crazy things sometimes happen, like the 7/6 verbal scores.

I told my dad that I was nervous and anxious waiting for this score and he laughed. He was like "try going off to war when you're 18 yo."

LOL!!!

got 3 or so hrs of sleep, trying for more but cant!!!

may everyone score there average or higher!

I haven't really paid much attention to that but i doubt it's the result of the curve. The whole purpose of the test is to be standardized and reproducible from administration to administration. What's more likely is that a small subset of vocal testers on this site did poorly and give the impression that something fishy happened. I imagine if they released the full results (they never will of course) that the scores wouldn't be statistically different from the others.

Edit: what really matters it's how you do relative to other people taking the same version of the test. The relative difficulty from one test to another shouldnt play a role, that's all I'm trying to say

I haven't really paid much attention to that but i doubt it's the result of the curve. The whole purpose of the test is to be standardized and reproducible from administration to administration. What's more likely is that a small subset of vocal testers on this site did poorly and give the impression that something fishy happened. I imagine if they released the full results (they never will of course) that the scores wouldn't be statistically different from the others.

Bunch of people averaging 9-12 got 4-5's lol

Edit: what really matters it's how you do relative to other people taking the same version of the test. The relative difficulty from one test to another shouldnt play a role, that's all I'm trying to say

That's probably true. I have faith in the standardization. But because they don't release results, we'll never know, and it makes me a tad suspicious sometimes.

That"bunch" is a self selecting pool that represents probably less than 1% of the people who took the test. What motivation do people who did as well as they were expecting have to come on here and post

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's my irrational fear for the day:

3:00 comes and my score doesn't show up on Thx. I call AAMC, panicking and they tell me that I voided my test but they scored it anyways and I got a 45. But since I voided, I can't have that score.

But anyways, welcome to all the guests to our thread for the next hour or so! Enjoy the show!

Here's my irrational fear for the day:

3:00 comes and my score doesn't show up on Thx. I call AAMC, panicking and they tell me that I voided my test but they scored it anyways and I got a 45. But since I voided, I can't have that score.

But anyways, welcome to all the guests to our thread for the next hour or so! Enjoy the show!

This show better be good or else we will all look bad

This is how I feel when I continually refresh and drive myself nuts

L36Kc.gif

Literally laughing, crying, giggling, twitching, looking generally insane at work right now. I need closure!! Make it stop!

once scores are out can someone please say it on this thread?? im too scared to see it for myself.

BTW, how do you guys wanna post scores? Should we do like other threads with:

AAMC Average: --
Prediction: --
Actual: --

Or does anybody have anything else to include?

BTW, how do you guys wanna post scores? Should we do like other threads with:

AAMC Average: --
Prediction: --
Actual: --

Or does anybody have anything else to include?

I'm going to include my break down for all of those P/V/B format