Official 2022-2023 Rheumatology Fellowship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlestar89

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Are you guys ready for the application?
Lets keep each other motivated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

I created a WhatsApp group, linked shared above. Do you mind adding to your original post, so people can join and we can be in touch through the season. Thank you.

GL everyone. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Having recently gone through the process, I can say the process gets complicated every year.

Members don't see this ad :)
GL everyone. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Having recently gone through the process, I can say the process gets complicated every year.
hey thanks very much. I am off cycle for a month and a half. do you think I still have a chance?

I would say apply and mention that during your interviews. Hopefully, it's not a big issue. I've heard people using their vacation, PTO for similar reasons.

Reactions: 1 user
Please use this anonymous google doc to share info if it makes everyone comfortable. Template copied from previous years.

Link to google doc

Sheet 1 - Provide info about date when you were invited, dates for interview offered, Medical school/Visa status and date of rejection

Sheet 2 - Your thoughts about program after your interview.

This will help the current season applicants and for future reference to everyone interested in Rheumatology.

Thank you. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Just wondering, when we should expect to receive interview invites? Has anyone received an invite yet? Thanks

None so far. Looking at the Google Doc, more than 50% of programs have sent invites out as well

Good luck all! I went through this process last year. I can say that Rheum fellowship is definitely better than even the chillest year of IM residency

Anyone have good questions for fellows on interview days? Thinking about general call structure, distribution of essential service between 1st/2nd years, how often they go in for night/weekend calls, who does prior auths for outpatient meds (some of this info such as the general call structure stuff will likely be provided but just trying to cover some things that I feel are important regarding workload/scutwork type stuff).

Hey guys,
Just out of curiosity, how much rheumatology specific research is needed?

Goodluck to everyone this year!

Hey guys,
Just out of curiosity, how much rheumatology specific research is needed?

Goodluck to everyone this year!
Depends on your current program, whether you will need visa, and your target (top academic program vs just match to a university hospital)

For people in a mid-tier university program who dose not need visa, a little research (such as a rheum poster at ACR) is probably sufficient to match. It is just my personal feel, not based on solid data......