Official 2014-2015 IM WAMC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all!

I needed some advice on which interviews to cancel. I applied too broadly (~60 programs) it seems. I was worried because my Step one score was average and my step 2 score is still pending. I'm interested in Rheum/Endo/Hospital administration. I want to keep my options open though ( in case I end up loving GI). Location isn't really a factor but I'm originally from Texas. I'm having trouble weeding out some of my community vs university programs. The following are the ones I'm confused about.. would appreciate any help if you know about any of these.

Uni:
Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
Scott and White
Mayo (Scottsdale)
UIC
University of Oklahoma- Tulsa
Texas Tech Lubbock
University of Texas San Antonio
LSU- Shreveport
University of Texas Houston
SUNY Upstate

My shot at ranking: Mayo (Az) > UIC > UTH>UTSA> Scott and White > SUNY UPSTATE >LSU >Oklahoma> Lubbock > Paul L Foster

Comm:
University of Tyler/Longview
Methodist- Dallas
Northshore -Evanston
Mount Auburn Hospital (Harvard School of Medicine)
UTSW- Austin
Orlando Health
Macneal
Albert Einstein- Pen

Northshore>Auburn>Albert Einstein >Methodist -Dallas>UTSW- Austin> Orlando Health>Macneal> University of Tyler/Good Shep
Are there other programs you've gotten interviews from that you don't list here? If so, how many? You've got 10 in your Univ category (including one I've never heard of...although teh Googelz tells me it's TT-UTEP). The match curve from last year flattens out beyond 9 contiguous ranks in IM for AMGs so pick somewhere between 10 and 15 to go on and be done with it. You can probably bag all the Community programs except maybe UC-Northshore and UTSW-Austin (given your predilection for TX) and be more than fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Odd. Are you sure there isn't a red flag in your app?

Otherwise, wait a little, but you should be getting interviews.

All 4 letters were supposedly excellent, MSPE was filled with nice comments. No red flags that I know of.
I've had a few hits in the mid/top, but no where near as many as some of the other in the IV thread. I'll just sit tight and wait then, thanks!

Are there other programs you've gotten interviews from that you don't list here? If so, how many? You've got 10 in your Univ category (including one I've never heard of...although teh Googelz tells me it's TT-UTEP). The match curve from last year flattens out beyond 9 contiguous ranks in IM for AMGs so pick somewhere between 10 and 15 to go on and be done with it. You can probably bag all the Community programs except maybe UC-Northshore and UTSW-Austin (given your predilection for TX) and be more than fine.

oh! Thanks! Yes, there are about 4 programs that I didn't list because I'm happy with them.

Do you think it's always better to go Uni versus Community? I know the doximity rankings are controversial, but some of the community programs ranked higher than say a uni program like Texas Tech El Paso.. should I still give preference to the university program?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh! Thanks! Yes, there are about 4 programs that I didn't list because I'm happy with them.

Do you think it's always better to go Uni versus Community? I know the doximity rankings are controversial, but some of the community programs ranked higher than say a uni program like Texas Tech El Paso.. should I still give preference to the university program?
You need to decide what you want out of a program. Do you want to be in TX? Do you want a well respected Univ program with excellent fellowship opportunities? Do you want to trust your future to a bunch of random asshats on the internet?

And if you so much as mention that Doximity BS around here again I will ban the living **** out of you.

You need to decide what you want out of a program. Do you want to be in TX? Do you want a well respected Univ program with excellent fellowship opportunities? Do you want to trust your future to a bunch of random asshats on the internet?

And if you so much as mention that Doximity BS around here again I will ban the living **** out of you.

Hmm I don't think I would limit myself to Texas. Of course going to a well respected Uni program would be ideal.

Hey guys, just looking for some opinions on what my chances are for getting a University Internal Medicine spot for residency with the following scores:

Also, I am an IMG.

Step 1 - 240
Step 2 - 233 (only transmitted my score yesterday when I got it back this week)
Step 2 CS - First time Pass

Assuming I got all the major CV stuff covered (research, volunteering, US Clinical experience, 2 strong US letters from attendings etc.)

Some other background info: I only applied to Internal Medicine Programs throughout the country as I know that is what I want to do. I have 2 interviews so far but they are from Community Programs that are University-Affiliated, both good programs I will be happy to join but ideally I would love a University Program.

So just want to see what my chances are to be called for an interview at a University Program?

Are places at Mayo and Hopkins, Upenn and UPMC out of the question?

Thanks.

Hey guys, just looking for some opinions on what my chances are for getting a University Internal Medicine spot for residency with the following scores:

Also, I am an IMG.

Step 1 - 240

Assuming I got all the major CV stuff covered (research, volunteering, US Clinical experience, 2 strong US letters from attendings etc.)

Some other background info: I only applied to Internal Medicine Programs throughout the country as I know that is what I want to do. I have 2 interviews so far but they are from Community Programs that are University-Affiliated, both good programs I will be happy to join but ideally I would love a University Program.

So just want to see what my chances are to be called for an interview at a University Program?

Thanks.
Yes. Those places are out of the question for a lot of AMGs with those scores. It's not happening.

Also, I am an IMG.

Step 1 - 240

Thanks.

You should look at last years interview thread to see what to expect because if you were serious asking that last question, then you have a problem. IMGs do not go to Hopkins or upenn period. Unless you show something in your cv that's really out of the usual, you should be happy if you make it to a mid-tier uni program.

Yes. Those places are out of the question for a lot of AMGs with those scores. It's not happening.

You should look at last years interview thread to see what to expect because if you were serious asking that last question, then you have a problem. IMGs do not go to Hopkins or upenn period. Unless you show something in your cv that's really out of the usual, you should be happy if you make it to a mid-tier uni program.

Alright thanks for the input. Pity that step 2 score, that exam day was just terrible for some reason despite my doing decently on UWorld and the Prep assessments. oh well. Thanks I'll tone down my expectations a whole lot.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Basically goes to a good school with good research, but has low Step 1 and clerkship grades. Talked with medicine PD at home program and he says I should still be able to match into a mid- to low- academic program or high community programs. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks!

School: Top 20, northeast
Step 1: 205 (didn't prepare enough and really shot myself in the foot)
Step 2: taken, scores will not be out till 9/24, hoping for 230-245, simulated in 240s
Grades: No honors, 2 HP (medicine and surgery), P for the rest (strong comments on clinical performance in MSPE but low shelf performances pushed me to P in most clerkships - shelves are weighted pretty heavily). Pass is ~50-60% of each clerkship, HP/H the rest, division varies.
Research: First author in major clinical journal, 2 national conference orals with poster, 1 regional conference poster only
Awards: 3 total at national/regional/and medical school for research (one each)
LOR: Probably will have "best ever" language in 2 out of 3
EC: According to adviser "above average" for peers at medical school, several activities with 4 year commitment + leadership

Applying broadly to several urban cities in the US, but with preference to California. Obviously not aiming for UCSF/UCLA/Stanford/UCSD, but curious about realistic chances at the other programs. Is my app even viable at UCLA Harbor/Olive View/Scripps/USC? Also applying to Kaisers + Santa Clara Valley, Irvine, Riverside, Davis, CPMC, Highland...pretty much the whole gamut except places in Central Valley. App list is similar for NYC/Boston/Chicago...(basically just taking out the top schools and then applying to a smattering of the middle schools and most of the lower schools). Probably 40-50 total.

Wanted to f/u on this post from earlier. Step 2 returned as high-230s. Sub-i with stellar LOR. Ended up applying to 60+ programs.

Have heard back from a ton of community programs in California (no university though), a university program in Philly, and two community programs in Manhattan. SOL at Chicago, Texas, DC.

My primary concern at this point is that a lot of the university programs that I thought I had a shot at (Loyola, Rush, UIC, USC, Temple, Jefferson, Tufts, UT-Houston...etc.) or good university-community programs (UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Hopkins-Bayview) have started inviting but it has been radio silence on my end.

Was I too optimistic in thinking that I have a shot at a mid-tier university program? It feels like I'm having difficulty getting invites at university programs period.

If you ask me to take a chill pill because it's too early, I will gladly oblige. Just tell me so :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your Step 2 score has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hi gutonc, could you please elaborate for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I actually did my US Electives at Penn and Mayo and speaking to the PDs with my CV etc. they gave me the impression that I would be a strong enough candidate to at least be offered a chance at an interview is all. The letters are from there as well.

Would love to hear the different input from yourself. I know being an IMG puts me at a MASSIVE disadvantage (I'm finishing up my final year of medical school) so I will keep my expectations in check. Thanks again!

Hi gutonc, could you please elaborate for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I actually did my US Electives at Penn and Mayo and speaking to the PDs with my CV etc. they gave me the impression that I would be a strong enough candidate to at least be offered a chance at an interview is all. The letters are from there as well.

Would love to hear the different input from yourself. I know being an IMG puts me at a MASSIVE disadvantage (I'm finishing up my final year of medical school) so I will keep my expectations in check. Thanks again!
It's the IMG status. It depends a little bit on where you're in school but not that much.

DO Student
Top 1/4 of class
Step 1: 244
Step 2: 244

HS and H in 3rd year medicine rotations + other HS in Surgery, Ob/gyn

Looking for Academic/University programs. Have applied to 13 programs so far, but would like to add a few more

Applied to
Kaiser (Northern California/Oakland)
Georgetown
Brigham and Women's
JHU-Bayview
Carolinas
Wake Forest
Cleveland Clinic (Interview Invite)
THomas Jefferson
Oregon Health Sciences
UPitt
Brown University

Any suggestions on programs to add/consider? Would Mayo be unrealistic? Thanks guys

DO Student
Top 1/4 of class

Looking for Academic/University programs. Have applied to 13 programs so far, but would like to add a few more

Applied to
Georgetown
Brigham and Women's
JHU-Bayview
Carolinas
Wake Forest
THomas Jefferson
Oregon Health Sciences
UPitt
Brown University

Any suggestions on programs to add/consider? Would Mayo be unrealistic? Thanks guys

I'm not clear on whether your notation of UPitt is the UPMC Medical Education Program (i.e. Presby/Monte), but if it is, I still don't know of any DOs in that IM program.

DO Student
Top 1/4 of class

Applied to
Georgetown
Brigham and Women's
JHU-Bayview
Carolinas
Wake Forest
THomas Jefferson
Oregon Health Sciences
UPitt
Brown University

Jeez. After years of lurking this is finally the question that makes me create an account.

I'm a DO who just went through this process last year. You've got some work to do.

Of the programs you listed only Georgetown, Cleveland, and Wake Forest regularly interview DOs (I can't really comment on Cali). As a DO you need at least 10 interviews to feel comfortable come March. Interview season is kind of like dating, and being a DO is a little like "having a good personality". And no matter the letters behind your name you should do that many just so that you get a feel for what you like about programs.

You need to add more programs. Now. Here are some University places that were willing to interview me and my classmates:

UIC, Rush, Loyola, Ohio State, IU, Iowa, MCW, University of Nebraska, UCSF-Fresno, University of New Mexico, University of Arizona Tuscon, University of South Dakota, University of Kansas, USF, University of South Carolina, George Washington, Temple, Drexel, Various SUNYs, Southern Illinois.

You should also add some University affiliated community programs and a couple of straight up community programs as back up. The applications are the cheap part of the interview process!

DO Student
Top 1/4 of class

Applied to
Georgetown
Brigham and Women's
JHU-Bayview
Carolinas
Wake Forest
THomas Jefferson
Oregon Health Sciences
UPitt
Brown University

This is seriously the weirdest list I've ever seen. Care to outline how you picked these?

Places you have a decent chance of getting an invite:
Kaisers, Carolinas, GT, Wake, OHSU, Brown

Places you have no chance:
Brigham (how high were you exactly when you decided to apply here? First bong rip or was this at the end of the ounce?), Bayview, Pitt

Places as good or better than half the places you applied where you stand a decent chance:
If I weren't lazy I could list 50 or so without thinking too hard about it. But here's the quick and dirty version.
UC-Davis, UCI, UCR, LLU, CPMC, SCVMC, any other community program in CA not named Scripps-Green or Santa Barbara, the UCLAs that aren't the main campus, Utah, UNM, UAz, Miracle Whips (not real Mayo), Any program in TX not named UTSW, KU, Mizzou, SLU, UCinn, any Chicago program other than UC or NW, Temple, Drexel, BMC, UMass, Rutgers-RWJ, UMD, MUSC, any program in the SE not named Emory or Vanderbilt...that's about 30-40 programs right there...the rest is on you.

Might be a bit late to the party as interviews have started to come out...
Med School - Mid-tier East Coast Allopathic School
Step 1 - 245
Step 2 CK/CS - 266/Pass
Class Rank - top half
Clerkships - Honors IM/Surgery/psych, HP Peds/neuro/OB, pass Family
EC - 3 pubs, major leadership position as an M4, teaching as an M4, random volunteer stuff throughout

List:
East - Georgetown, Hopkins, UVa, VCU, UNC, Duke
South - UAB, Vandy, Baylor, UTSW, UT San Antonio, MUSC
West - Colorado, Exempla St. Joe Denver, Utah

Scheduled interviews at 5 of these, but haven't heard back from the other 11...

Gracias amigos

Step 1 - 245
Step 2 CK/CS - 266/Pass
Class Rank - top half
EC - 3 pubs, major leadership position as an M4, teaching as an M4, random volunteer stuff throughout

List:

Gracias amigos
Add Emory to that list

This is seriously the weirdest list I've ever seen. Care to outline how you picked these?

Places you have a decent chance of getting an invite:
Kaisers, Carolinas, GT, Wake, OHSU, Brown

Places you have no chance:
Brigham (how high were you exactly when you decided to apply here? First bong rip or was this at the end of the ounce?), Bayview, Pitt

Places as good or better than half the places you applied where you stand a decent chance:
If I weren't lazy I could list 50 or so without thinking too hard about it. But here's the quick and dirty version.
UC-Davis, UCI, UCR, LLU, CPMC, SCVMC, any other community program in CA not named Scripps-Green or Santa Barbara, the UCLAs that aren't the main campus, Utah, UNM, UAz, Miracle Whips (not real Mayo), Any program in TX not named UTSW, KU, Mizzou, SLU, UCinn, any Chicago program other than UC or NW, Temple, Drexel, BMC, UMass, Rutgers-RWJ, UMD, MUSC, any program in the SE not named Emory or Vanderbilt...that's about 30-40 programs right there...the rest is on you.

Curious as to how UC Davis made that list? As far as I know, it's pretty competitive and there is no history of them taking DOs.

Also, aren't Loyola and Rush pretty DO unfriendly? I think there's a good
shot at UIC though

Step 1 - 245
Step 2 CK/CS - 266/Pass
Class Rank - top half

List:

Gracias amigos

That's a rather small list with a wide range of program competitiveness.

Do you not like California, NYC, Boston, Midwest? It's hard to tell what you're going after or if you even have a geographic preference.

Confused as to the interviews I've been receiving...
Step 1 - 250
Step 2 - October
Class Rank - Top half (close to the half though.. hah)
School - Top 25
Clerkships - Honors in IM, dermatology and AI in medicine, HP - OB/GYN, Neuro, Surgery, Psych. Pass in Pediatrics (no idea what happened lol)
AOA - Def no
Research - Co-first author in 10 pt impact factor, Two 4th author pubs in 15 impact factor, 3-4 poster presentations, 1 grand rounds, Small student grant
Invites so far: Case, Emory, UPMC, Colo, BU, Tufts. No top program invites i.e cali, ny, boston
Recommendations - Strong, 1 from a former specialty society president

Should I be getting any top tier invites or are my 3rd year grades hurting me too much..?

Wanted to f/u on this post from earlier. Step 2 returned as high-230s. Sub-i with stellar LOR. Ended up applying to 60+ programs.

Have heard back from a ton of community programs in California (no university though), a university program in Philly, and two community programs in Manhattan. SOL at Chicago, Texas, DC.

My primary concern at this point is that a lot of the university programs that I thought I had a shot at (Loyola, Rush, UIC, USC, Temple, Jefferson, Tufts, UT-Houston...etc.) or good university-community programs (UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Hopkins-Bayview) have started inviting but it has been radio silence on my end.

Was I too optimistic in thinking that I have a shot at a mid-tier university program? It feels like I'm having difficulty getting invites at university programs period.

If you ask me to take a chill pill because it's too early, I will gladly oblige. Just tell me so :)

Just to add to this post above - sitting at UC Riverside, Loma Linda, Drexel, and Einstein for university programs, and this is applying to 60+ programs.

The Step 1 screen (205) is certainly alive and quite brutal. Has begun to email programs.

Just to add to this post above - sitting at UC Riverside, Loma Linda, Drexel, and Einstein for university programs, and this is applying to 60+ programs.

The Step 1 screen (205) is certainly alive and quite brutal. Has begun to email programs.
How come you're not posting all that in the Interview Invite thread?

Reactions: 1 user
I am an IMG and my step scores are: Step 1 -240's; ck-240's, cs-pass. all first attempt.
4-5 months of US clinical experience in university hospital.
applied to IM and got these interviews. I want to get some feedback on these programs specially the top 4 on the list.
Interested in doing a fellowship in cardiology.

1)SUNY upstate
2)uni of Louisville
3)UPMC shadyside
4)Baystate tufts
5) Albert Einstein New rochelle
6) Macneal hospital chicago
7) metrowest hospital baltimore
8)atlanticare medical center

can anyone comment on my chances to match?
Thanks guys

I am an IMG and my step scores are: Step 1 -240's; ck-240's, cs-pass. all first attempt.
4-5 months of US clinical experience in university hospital.
applied to IM and got these interviews. I want to get some feedback on these programs specially the top 4 on the list.
Interested in doing a fellowship in cardiology.

1)SUNY upstate
2)uni of Louisville
3)UPMC shadyside
4)Baystate tufts
5) Albert Einstein New rochelle
6) Macneal hospital chicago
7) metrowest hospital baltimore
8)atlanticare medical center

can anyone comment on my chances to match?
Thanks guys

Your best bets are Uni of Louisville, Metrowest, and MacNeal hospital. The rest are a little rough on IMG's. It's hard for IMG's to get residencies in the bigger cities. Is there a specific region that you're looking around only on the east coast?

Your best bets are Uni of Louisville, Metrowest, and MacNeal hospital. The rest are a little rough on IMG's. It's hard for IMG's to get residencies in the bigger cities. Is there a specific region that you're looking around only on the east coast?
All of those places are IMG friendly. And the big cities are the epicenter of the IMG phenomenon.

(Also posted in Program Specific Questions .. but maybe more appropriate here)

I called UC Davis today, and the PC told me my app is currently "on hold." From what she said, seems like they've only had one round of invites yet. Any one have experience with this / how to interpret the "on hold"? Is an interview still a possibility after this? Is it normal to send out all invites just at once? The PC said she'd note I called and am interested, though this is my absolute first choice and is kind of making my head spin. Appreciate any advice!

All of those places are IMG friendly. And the big cities are the epicenter of the IMG phenomenon.[/QUOTE
Confused as to the interviews I've been receiving...
Step 1 - 250
Step 2 - October
Class Rank - Top half (close to the half though.. hah)
School - Top 25
Clerkships - Honors in IM, dermatology and AI in medicine, HP - OB/GYN, Neuro, Surgery, Psych. Pass in Pediatrics (no idea what happened lol)
AOA - Def no
Research - Co-first author in 10 pt impact factor, Two 4th author pubs in 15 impact factor, 3-4 poster presentations, 1 grand rounds, Small student grant
Invites so far: Case, Emory, UPMC, Colo, BU, Tufts. No top program invites i.e cali, ny, boston
Recommendations - Strong, 1 from a former specialty society president

Should I be getting any top tier invites or are my 3rd year grades hurting me too much..?

Dude be proud of yourself, I'm an MD with a 249 on Step 1 and haven't gotten an interview from Emory or Colo. Do work son. You're obviously a strong candidate. Good luck on the trail!

Oh I'm not an IMG haha, but thanks asrhx4! Yeah my s/o was going to probably end up at NY or Penn so I was bummed that I couldn't get anything in NY. I'm actually pretty happy about the interviews I have now, that age old regional issue is always going to be there.

Thank you asrhx4. I have no preference over geographical area but I am inclined towards SUNY upstate as I have done rotations there. As far as I know big cities like NYC and Chicago have quite a lot programs with international graduates.

All of those places are IMG friendly. And the big cities are the epicenter of the IMG phenomenon.

Thank you gutonc. I feel the same way. Would you like to comment on the chances of me getting into fellowship based on that list of programs?

This year is turning out to be a very competitive year for IM residencies. From Penn alone, there are about 60 students applying for IM and every year that number is 25-30. A lot of these top programs have plenty of inbreeding and Penn, Mass General, Brigham, UCSF and Hopkins aren notorious also for cross admits. This is definitely limiting the number of invites at university programs.
It is going to be really interesting to see those match lists in march....

This year is turning out to be a very competitive year for IM residencies. From Penn alone, there are about 60 students applying for IM and every year that number is 25-30. A lot of these top programs have plenty of inbreeding and Penn, Mass General, Brigham, UCSF and Hopkins aren notorious also for cross admits. This is definitely limiting the number of invites at university programs.

Rough seas ahead indeed. This is starting to resemble the spike in IM in the early 80s before it busted again later.

Word. I figured at least by the grace of God I would hear from 1-2 of my "reaches," but when tons of incredibly talented, incredibly competitive students are doing IM and applying to the same programs, I feel a little less bad about myself having heard from them. At this point I'm considering multiple University program interviews a win, regardless of how "highly ranked" they are.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I am an IMG, applying to 95 programs in Internal Medicine. My credentials:
Graduated 2009
Work experience: 1 year research assistant in home country, 2 year primary care physician.
Pubs: 1 oral presentation in home country
USCE: 9 mo volunteer in local free clinic (I did the patient intake- vitals and histories), 3 mo obs in hospital and private clinic
LoRs: 1 home country, 3 US
250s/260/pass 1st attempt/240s

I realize I have 2 red flags: on the limit of 5 YOG and 2 years absence of meaningful clinical activity. So far I only have 4 IV for the match (UPMC shadyside, Einstein Philly, Hurley Flint MI, Einstein Jacobi NY).

I would really appreciate any advise on:

1. Whether I should accept a prematch offer in a community hospital in NY or not. This is my first interview. I am not sure of going for the match with only 4 IV and I am not sure whether I will receive more IV at this point.

2. Would it be too late to apply to more programs?

Thank you for taking the time to read and for any advise.
1. Prematches are rare these days since programs must be "all in". Unless you're talking about a program other than the 4 you posted above, I don't think a pre-match is in the cards for you.

2. How many programs did you apply to in the first place? It should have been >100. If it wasn't, why not? And if it wasn't, yes, apply to another 100 or so programs right now. It's probably too late, but you never know and, quite frankly, this is your one and only shot at this so either go all in or just go back home.

PS...moving to the IM WAMC thread where this belongs.

1. Prematches are rare these days since programs must be "all in". Unless you're talking about a program other than the 4 you posted above, I don't think a pre-match is in the cards for you.

2. How many programs did you apply to in the first place? It should have been >100. If it wasn't, why not? And if it wasn't, yes, apply to another 100 or so programs right now. It's probably too late, but you never know and, quite frankly, this is your one and only shot at this so either go all in or just go back home.

PS...moving to the IM WAMC thread where this belongs.

Thank you for your response Gutonc. I applied to 95 programs due to fund issue. I got an IV by a community hospital in NY that is not participating in the match.

I will apply to more community programs. Thanks Gutonc.

I have a general question that may benefit many users as well

let's say there are some programs your interested in who have not responded, either with a rejection or invitation. Given were already in November, How much of a difference would emailing PD make or is their a better way to go about it showing your still interested.

thnx much

DO student
step 1: 219
step 2: 225
4 outstanding LORs
One research project, presented a poster at a conference. No publications
lots of extra cirriculars

heard from UIC peoria, UCSF Fresno, and a few others of that caliber. What are my chances of hearing from places like UIC chicago, Temple (philly), and higher quality mid tier university programs? Also, interviews have dried up over the last few weeks. When is it considered late for interviews?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
DO student
step 1: 219
step 2: 225
4 outstanding LORs
One research project, presented a poster at a conference. No publications
lots of extra cirriculars

heard from UIC peoria, UCSF Fresno, and a few others of that caliber. What are my chances of hearing from places like UIC chicago, Temple (philly), and higher quality mid tier university programs? Also, interviews have dried up over the last few weeks. When is it considered late for interviews?

Thanks in advance!

I am an MD student with higher scores on both sets of boards and did not get an interview at UIC (which was supposedly a safety for me). Not that it can't happen for you, but I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath waiting on that one. Good luck!!!

I am an MD student with higher scores on both sets of boards and did not get an interview at UIC (which was supposedly a safety for me). Not that it can't happen for you, but I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath waiting on that one. Good luck!!!

Not holding my breath, but it would be nice. Thanks though! I guess I just wanted to gauge if there is a reasonable chance (even if minimal).