*~*Official 2013-2014 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, so my coursework doesn't show up completely in time order, is it supposed to be inputted that way? I think only 2 sessions are out of order. thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so my coursework doesn't show up completely in time order, is it supposed to be inputted that way? I think only 2 sessions are out of order. thanks in advance!

Are your courses still under correct quarter/semester and academic year (freshmen, sophomore, etc)? If they do I don't think it will matter.

Are your courses still under correct quarter/semester and academic year (freshmen, sophomore, etc)? If they do I don't think it will matter.
yes they are, I just realized though that a few seemed out of order and I had not been typing them in chronological order. I know the system is super anal so I didn't want to continue until I was sure. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback from those who are applying/have applied. I was pre-med for a number of years in college, but decided to hold off on it and apply to pharmacy school instead.

After a rough few years in undergrad, looking at the acceptance stats for pharmacy school has boosted my morale up a bit, so I have been considering applying for a Pharm.D/MBA dual program. Is anyone else doing this/know my chances of getting into a dual program?

I'm thinking of applying to about ~30 schools, 20 of which are in the 'Top 25' or so in the nation and the others as back-up schools. Is this too many?

I have about a ~3.15 GPA with a ~3.1 science, but there is no upward trend in my coursework (I have 1 Withdrawal, 5 or 6 C's, and 1 D in upper-division Immunology). I got a (preliminary) 93% composite with 78 Verbal, 93 Biology, 68 Reading Comp, 92 Quantitative, and 95 Chemistry.

Extracurriculars: ER volunteer (6 months), Pharmacy intern (1.5 years), Pharmacy Volunteer (2 months), Revenue Analyst (1.5 years), Research intern (3 months), various clubs (Finance committee, health awareness), sorority w/ upper cabinet positions (3 years), and some other smaller stuff.

I graduated as a double-major (which is pending atm) from U.C. Berkeley with a B.A in Molecular and Cell Biology and a B.A. in Political Economy.

I think my GPA is hindering me the most and am worried that schools will look at my application with hesitancy when considering me for interviews.

Ideally, I want to go to UCSF, University of Washington, UCSD, UNC for straight Pharm. D programs or Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota if I am considering a dual-degree.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :C thank you!! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback from those who are applying/have applied. I was pre-med for a number of years in college, but decided to hold off on it and apply to pharmacy school instead.

After a rough few years in undergrad, looking at the acceptance stats for pharmacy school has boosted my morale up a bit, so I have been considering applying for a Pharm.D/MBA dual program. Is anyone else doing this/know my chances of getting into a dual program?

I'm thinking of applying to about ~30 schools, 20 of which are in the 'Top 25' or so in the nation and the others as back-up schools. Is this too many?

I have about a ~3.15 GPA with a ~3.1 science, but there is no upward trend in my coursework (I have 1 Withdrawal, 5 or 6 C's, and 1 D in upper-division Immunology). I got a (preliminary) 93% composite with 78 Verbal, 93 Biology, 68 Reading Comp, 92 Quantitative, and 95 Chemistry.

Extracurriculars: ER volunteer (6 months), Pharmacy intern (1.5 years), Pharmacy Volunteer (2 months), Revenue Analyst (1.5 years), Research intern (3 months), various clubs (Finance committee, health awareness), sorority w/ upper cabinet positions (3 years), and some other smaller stuff.

I graduated as a double-major (which is pending atm) from U.C. Berkeley with a B.A in Molecular and Cell Biology and a B.A. in Political Economy.

I think my GPA is hindering me the most and am worried that schools will look at my application with hesitancy when considering me for interviews.

Ideally, I want to go to UCSF, University of Washington, UCSD, UNC for straight Pharm. D programs or Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota if I am considering a dual-degree.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :C thank you!! :)

you will have no problem... why even asking.

So I just finished my summer classes (Physics I and Physics II) and sent out my transcript to PharmCAS yesterday. I read in their website and from other users that it can take up to 5 weeks for your transcripts to be verified and GPA calculated. So I think to myself "Ok, so I will e-submit my application, by the time they start updating my GPA, my summer transcript would have arrived and both my Physics 1 and 2 grades will be added to my GPA calculations." Just to verify this, I called PharmCAS and was told that I can submit my app now and they will wait until they receive my summer transcripts to calculate my GPA.

Well.....I log in PharmCAS this morning and see in the upper right tab "Your GPA has been calculated." Thats right, my transcripts were verified and GPA calculated in less than 24 hours! So now now I have to wait until December and do an academic update so pharmacy schools I applied to see my summer grades. This irritates me because I ended up getting As on both classes and it would of boosted both my science and overall GPA :bang:

Hi guys, I am ready for submit my supplementary for usc but my grade for summer school is not out yet... should i submit it now or wait for my grade to come out first? p.s i am pretty sure that im gonna get a good grade from this class.

Hi guys, I am ready for submit my supplementary for usc but my grade for summer school is not out yet... should i submit it now or wait for my grade to come out first? p.s i am pretty sure that im gonna get a good grade from this class.
If its the supplementary then it should be on the schools admissions website..

I just submitted my pharmcas and realized that I forgot to add a school :bang: (registered for a class through my school that was taught by another school). Is it possible to fix it?

Last edited:
I just submitted my pharmcas and realized that I forgot to add a school :bang: (registered for a class through my school that was taught by another school). Is it possible to fix it?

I was under the assumption that once you e-submit that you would not be able to add other schools that have your transcript. It may be just easier to contact PharmCas directly and ask if there is anything they can do.

I was under the assumption that once you e-submit that you would not be able to add other schools that have your transcript. It may be just easier to contact PharmCas directly and ask if there is anything they can do.

I have to wait until academic update since the class didn't show up on my primary school's transcript, so my application got verified. I'll need to add it during the update and send in the transcript then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am filling out the pharmcas application now, and I have a question.

I have 2 scientific publications in a SCI journal, however, I can't even fill in the name of my paper because of the limited characters. I tried to put the name under description but the name of the paper exceeds 100 characters. Has anyone had similar issued and solved them?

Hi,

I am filling out the pharmcas application now, and I have a question.

I have 2 scientific publications in a SCI journal, however, I can't even fill in the name of my paper because of the limited characters. I tried to put the name under description but the name of the paper exceeds 100 characters. Has anyone had similar issued and solved them?

use abbreviation.. I mean common abbreviation..not like LOL = League of Legend, WOW= World of Warcraft, MOFO, MILF = ...you know what it means. anyways, as long as the contents are preserved, then you should

OMG I JUST E-SUBMITTED AND I'M DANCING AROUND THE ROOM

White_ninja_dance.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Just e-submitted. God I hope I didnt mess anything up. Just need a few more letters of rec to come in and im golden.

kaidou1412 & pharmarathoner: I'm laughing so hard reading this thread... :laugh: You guys are hilarious! :D

Hi! I'm getting ready to e-submit my application but it still says my "Colleges Attended" is incomplete, even though I have all my transcripts in. Why is that??

Hi! I'm getting ready to e-submit my application but it still says my "Colleges Attended" is incomplete, even though I have all my transcripts in. Why is that??
Call pharmcas in the morning about it

They may need awhile before they process your transcript.

sorry if this question has been asked (the search function really sucks on sdn haha) but has anyone else experienced problems submitting payment on pharmcas? i am trying to add one school and when i click "pay by credit card" it gives me an error message.

this might be a dumb question but
i first e-submitted with everything complete (PCAT, LORs, etc) on 10/28. then i decided to apply to more schools. do i have to individually re-send all my PCAT scores to each school or does everything go through with pharmcas?

this might be a dumb question but
i first e-submitted with everything complete (PCAT, LORs, etc) on 10/28. then i decided to apply to more schools. do i have to individually re-send all my PCAT scores to each school or does everything go through with pharmcas?
It all goes through pharmcas if the school uses pharmcas. Just add the schools and pay. Your pharmcas will be mailed to them the next mailing date. They will also have acess to it once you pay

E
So another application cycle has come and gone and a new cycle is quickly approaching. This is the new "Official 2012-2013 PharmCAS Questions Thread", where you can post all questions, suggestions and advices that are related to the PharmCAS application cycle. We have received many outstanding advice and suggestions from previous cycles and we want to carry on that tradition into the upcoming cycle. :) Here are some important things to keep in mind this cycle:

1) Here is a link to the PharmCAS website:
http://www.pharmcas.org/index.htm

2) PharmCAS has its own dynamic FAQs page. Here is a link:
http://www.pharmcas.org/advisors/faqs.htm

3) Once the new cycle is open, you can find a wealth of information regarding admission requirements, eligibility criteria and deadlines for all the schools within the PharmCAS system here:
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolpages.htm

4) If you absolutely need to get in contact with a representative from PharmCAS during the application cycle (be aware that it might be somewhat difficult to do so during peak times in the app cycle), you may do so here:
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/contact.htm

5) Here is a link to the previous PharmCAS discussions thread for the 2011-2012 cycle:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=822915
Feel free to browse through it, since the majority of your questions would more than likely have already been asked and answered.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.:thumbup:
extremely helpful your link! Thanks so much!!!! I'm almost done with my application!

As a second time applicant. I know PharmCas just added in a new entry block titled "special life circumstances" under "Personal Data":confused::confused:

This threw me off guard. I will be opting out of this as even though I did have to overcome some adverse situations, I'm not gonna talk about them because I don't want adcoms to think i am trying to pity myself

Also thanks for the thread OwleGrad:thumbup:

This section can definitely be looked at as a double-edged sword. My advice to this section would be: if it is a life situation that legitimately took you away from studies and can explain something in your application, explain it. If it is something that is not so easily explained or you may think can come across as "whining," don't include it. I can definitely say that I have heard some people's explanations of this, and I would have understood from an admission's office point of view.

Hey guys quick question - how long does it take for PharmCAS to send your application once they receive everything? Is it sent electronically or by snail mail?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys quick question - how long does it take for PharmCAS to send your application once they receive everything? Is it sent electronically or by snail mail?

Thanks in advance!

They say it takes up to 4 weeks once esubmitted to paper mail it out to your designated schools

Thanks in advance!

Some people said it took 4 weeks. Mine literally took 2 days

Hi everyone. When I filled out the College Attended section of my application, I listed a foreign institution because I studied abroad during my undergrad. Consequently, PharmCAS requested the foreign transcript. I have already e-submitted my application. After reading the FAQ, I realized that I did not have to list the foreign institution because the courses appear separately on my U.S. transcript and will be treated like domestic coursework. I am concerned about my application not being considered complete and missing the December 1 deadline. I emailed PharmCAS and plan to call Monday morning. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before, and does anyone know if this can be easily fixed? Thank you.

Hi I was wondering if you can still apply to different schools even if you dont have all the prereq completed yet. I'm only missing 2-3 courses and would take them if i got into the school. I would potentially take the courses the summer before entering the school I get accepted in. Has anyone done this before? Or are school strict with having all the prereq completed before submitting your application? Thoughts on the situation?

What do you put for total number of hours in Extracurricular section if you JUST started something and you plan to submit the application this week?
My professor asked for my help to volunteer tutor and I want to put that experience in my apps before I submit, but I haven't technically even started yet.