*~*Official 2011-2012 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think you mean "read"....

anyway, those answers are not as clear as an answer I was expecting...and so far, no one has directly answered my question so if you would step away from your keyboard, thanks!

The answer to my question, is for this particular school as long as it is e-submitted before Nov 1, the school still counts it as complete. My concern was that it wouldn't be considered due to the time it would take for GPA calculations/mailing.

Please remember to be respectful on this site....admissions officers read it, and when they see you being disrespectful to someone directly from PharmCAS, you might be surprised at how quickly they can figure out who you are. Professionalism is important at all times, especially if you want to be a part of a profession. This site is public and anyone can see what you post. Please represent pharmacy well in your posts, regardless of how frustrated you might be.

Members don't see this ad.

PCAT scores are released within 5 weeks of the last test date in the testing window. If you took the test in September, that would be for the last testing date in September. PharmCAS updates with the information electronically, so it's pretty quick on their end once the scores are released. I believe the last testing date in September was during the last week, so we're really only about 3.5 weeks past that date. You may wish to check the PCAT subforum - people tend to begin posting when they receive the official score report.

I called pharmcas today and it turned out because my scores are from June 2010, I had to pay for the additional transcript to send the PCAT scores to pharmcas. Heads up to anyone who have scores from previous years!

Will pharmcas still mail out my application even though the PCAT score isn't in yet? If pharmcas is holding my application, I won't make the nov. 1st deadline. I'm hoping my pharmcas app will still be sent without the PCAT score...

Hi, I have a question about PharmCAS repeats.

On my first semester, I failed a class and repeated it later. The transcript shows this class on August 2006 as "RP". But it also asks me for the grade using the PharmCAS conversion table. Should I put it down as an "F" or "None"? I couldn't find any information on this in the instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will pharmcas still mail out my application even though the PCAT score isn't in yet? If pharmcas is holding my application, I won't make the nov. 1st deadline. I'm hoping my pharmcas app will still be sent without the PCAT score...

PharmCAS considers your application complete with the following items received (at PharmCAS):
- All required fields completed
- Fee paid
- All transcripts received

When you e-submit to PharmCAS, their next step is to verify GPAs (which takes some time), then forward the application on to the school with whatever information is available at the time (test scores, recommendations). Any information that is received afterwards will be forwarded to your colleges as soon as possible.

In terms of deadlines, PharmCAS is only looking to see if what THEY require is needed. GPA calculation can happen after the deadline, they just need your end of it complete before the school's deadline. But to answer your direct question, yes, PharmCAS will mail without your score received.

Individual CoPs will often require all of the information (test scores, recommendations) to be received before they consider your application complete. The policy on what to do with PharmCAS applications that are still incomplete upon receipt may differ by school. Unfortunately, the answer to the implied question (will the school consider my app "in time" if the PCAT score comes later?) is "call the school."

Edit to add:
I called pharmcas today and it turned out because my scores are from June 2010, I had to pay for the additional transcript to send the PCAT scores to pharmcas. Heads up to anyone who have scores from previous years!

Hah, I had assumed you were waiting on scores from this year. See what happens when I assume? Glad you got it sorted.

Hi everyone,

I know PharmCAS states to list my AP credit under coursework if you've received college credit. However, my UCLA transcript only lists AP credit lumped together and not an individual listing of the courses. Deos anyone know if I should I still list AP credit under my coursework? I've attached 3 files to illustrate my issue:

1. Student Transcript - AP credit is just listed as transferred units. This is the UCLA transcript that PharmCAS will receive.
  2. Degree Progress Report - AP credit lists the actual courses I got credit for. The Degree Progress Report is on my UCLA account to show me my progress and placement. However, it's not sent to PharmCAS.
  3. PharmCAS Screenshot - This is how I currently have my AP credit entered. I got the course info from my Degree Progress Report.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Degree Progress Report - AP credit.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Pharmcas - AP credit.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Unofficial Transcript - AP credit.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Hello, my name is David. I am a P3 student at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy. I am posting here today to tell you all about some exciting new online resources that the university is currently developing and offering.

We have created a forum, similar to the one here at studentdoctor.net, with specific information about the University of Michigan. This includes information about interviews, applications, the curriculum, student life, and areas for you to ask your own questions and post comments. The idea of this site is to put you in contact with current students who will be able to give you specific information about Michigan, as well as allow you to talk to fellow applicants about the process. This forum is completely student run so feel free to ask a variety of questions. Also, since this site is still in development please forgive any problems we may be having with the site. You should be able to log in to the site and post using your gmail account. Message me with any problems or questions.

Secondly the college of pharmacy is now on Twitter and Facebook. The goal of these sites is to provide everyone with up to date information about the college, its students, and professors. Visit these sites daily for different events happening in the pharmacy community and at the college itself.

Thank you for your time and GO BLUE!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/UMCollegeRx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/umichcoprx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have a question about PharmCAS repeats.

On my first semester, I failed a class and repeated it later. The transcript shows this class on August 2006 as "RP". But it also asks me for the grade using the PharmCAS conversion table. Should I put it down as an "F" or "None"? I couldn't find any information on this in the instructions.

The letter grade would be 'repeated' (scroll down - it's there) & the grade using the PharmCAS conversion table is 'none' and the special classification would be 'repeated'.

Hi everyone,

I know PharmCAS states to list my AP credit under coursework if you've received college credit. However, my UCLA transcript only lists AP credit lumped together and not an individual listing of the courses. Deos anyone know if I should I still list AP credit under my coursework? I've attached 3 files to illustrate my issue:

1. Student Transcript - AP credit is just listed as transferred units. This is the UCLA transcript that PharmCAS will receive.
  2. Degree Progress Report - AP credit lists the actual courses I got credit for. The Degree Progress Report is on my UCLA account to show me my progress and placement. However, it's not sent to PharmCAS.
  3. PharmCAS Screenshot - This is how I currently have my AP credit entered. I got the course info from my Degree Progress Report.
Thank you in advance.

The information is correct, as you have entered it, except for the credits that are listed as transfer credits from Santa Monica College. Those should be entered separately under Santa Monica College on your application and transcripts from SMC will need to be requested and sent to PharmCAS to cover the AP credits from SMC.

My Pcat scores were released today, how long before pharmcas receives them and then send them out? The other question i have is I did NOT select pharmcas code 104. I did however select the individual schools. I called pearson and they said pharmcas will get the scores if the schools I selected were pharmcas schools. Has anyone gone through this? Will pharmcas get them? I selected Roseman as a school and they do NOT use pharmcas. Does anyone know how long it will take them to receive my scores? thanks

Hey everybody!

I want to introduce you all to Joey Hammond from PharmCAS Customer Service. His user name is JWHammond and he will be helping me answer questions on this thread about PharmCAS.

If you receive a response from JWHammond you can know that it's just like a response from me and is accurate information.

Good Luck everybody! Don't forget the Nov 1 deadline is approaching for the following schools:
California-San Diego, University of
California-San Francisco, University of
Loma Linda University
Mississippi, University of
North Carolina, University of
Oklahoma, University of
Pacific University Oregon
Pacific, University of the
Southern California, University of
Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville

Western University of the Health Sciences

Wisconsin-Madison, University of

My Pcat scores were released today, how long before pharmcas receives them and then send them out? The other question i have is I did NOT select pharmcas code 104. I did however select the individual schools. I called pearson and they said pharmcas will get the scores if the schools I selected were pharmcas schools. Has anyone gone through this? Will pharmcas get them? I selected Roseman as a school and they do NOT use pharmcas. Does anyone know how long it will take them to receive my scores? thanks

If they were your official scores (not the unofficial scores) then they have been sent electronically to PharmCAS and should go out to the schools next Monday. For the non-PharmCAS schools it may take another week or so for them to receive them.

Hey everybody!

I want to introduce you all to Joey Hammond from PharmCAS Customer Service. His user name is JWHammond and he will be helping me answer questions on this thread about PharmCAS.

If you receive a response from JWHammond you can know that it's just like a response from me and is accurate information.

:hello:Welcome Joey... Thanks in advance for your help!

It blows me away that you guys & gals at PharmCAS are willing to come to this humble board & answer questions for us pre-pharms. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for all your help!! This gives us so much insight on what to expect through the application process and definitely helps ease the stress for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS sent this to me today at 5pm:

"Your PharmCAS application has been returned to you for editing because you have failed to report one or more colleges/universities that you attended. These institutions appear on one or more of the transcripts that PharmCAS has received. In order for your application to be considered complete, you are required to report all colleges/universities attended, even if these institutions were attended while you were still in high school or were part of a dual-enrollment agreement between two of the institutions."

I tried to contact them but no one answered. I reported the class that I took at a community college back in middle school and resubmitted the application. If I were to send my transcript to them it would take more than a week to be there and it would take time for them to process it, will my application be delay?! The deadline is in just three days! AHHH HELP!

Hey everyone,

I just send my transcript today and i also esumbit my app today. I am applying to all school in Florida. Do you guys think i am a little late? I am so worry.

Second, i just noticed that nova and PBA needs three letter of rec. But i only submit 2, will they not look at my app until i have 3?

anyone please answer this

My app mailed today! Anybody know a rough guess about how long it takes to arrive and start hearing back? Does it depend on the school?

My app mailed today! Anybody know a rough guess about how long it takes to arrive and start hearing back? Does it depend on the school?

Totally depends on the school. One school sent me an interview invite less than a week after applying, while some haven't even acknowledged receipt of my app despite it being several weeks after submitting.

PharmCAS sent this to me today at 5pm:

"Your PharmCAS application has been returned to you for editing because you have failed to report one or more colleges/universities that you attended. These institutions appear on one or more of the transcripts that PharmCAS has received. In order for your application to be considered complete, you are required to report all colleges/universities attended, even if these institutions were attended while you were still in high school or were part of a dual-enrollment agreement between two of the institutions."

I tried to contact them but no one answered. I reported the class that I took at a community college back in middle school and resubmitted the application. If I were to send my transcript to them it would take more than a week to be there and it would take time for them to process it, will my application be delay?! The deadline is in just three days! AHHH HELP!

You have to send the CC transcript in before any of the processing can continue, so the quicker you get it in the better. As long as you e-submit, pay, and your transcripts are RECEIVED by the deadline then you will be OK. See https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2012/instruction/pcas_esubmit.htm for more information.

Hey everyone,

I just send my transcript today and i also esumbit my app today. I am applying to all school in Florida. Do you guys think i am a little late? I am so worry.

Second, i just noticed that nova and PBA needs three letter of rec. But i only submit 2, will they not look at my app until i have 3?

anyone please answer this

The schools will not consider your application complete until they receive all of their required materials, so, no they will not review your application until you have all 3 LORs.

As long as you have e-submitted, paid and your transcripts have been received by the deadline then you are not too late. See https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2012/instruction/pcas_esubmit.htm for more information.

But let's say that the deadline for my designated schools is Nov 1st, will PharmCAS still upload/forward the applications to my schools after the deadline? I contacted one of the schools and they said they would still consider my application as long as PharmCAS sends it in later, which I hope they will once they have my transcripts.

What exactly does this deadline entail? Does it mean that once this deadline is passed for, say USC (Nov. 1), PharmCAS will not forward the application to USC?

Gawd I am soooooooo stressed out right now. :[[[[

Last edited:
Totally depends on the school. One school sent me an interview invite less than a week after applying, while some haven't even acknowledged receipt of my app despite it being several weeks after submitting.

Thanks! One of the schools is a November 1 deadline so I figure they'll respond fairly quickly.

But let's say that the deadline for my designated schools is Nov 1st, will PharmCAS still upload/forward the applications to my schools after the deadline? I contacted one of the schools and they said they would still consider my application as long as PharmCAS sends it in later, which I hope they will once they have my transcripts.

What exactly does this deadline entail? Does it mean that once this deadline is passed for, say USC (Nov. 1), PharmCAS will not forward the application to USC?

Gawd I am soooooooo stressed out right now. :[[[[

PharmCAS will continue to forward all of the information to the schools until April 1 when the application service closes.

For your application to be complete there are 3 things:

1. You must e-submit by the deadline. (So for USC, by Nov 1)
2. Your payment must be RECEIVED by PharmCAS by the deadline.
3. ALL of your transcripts must be RECEIVED by PharmCAS by the deadline.

See https://portal.pharmcas.org/applican...as_esubmit.htm for more information.

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had their September PCAT score recieved by pharmCAS yet?

(I think it was supposed to be recived by pharmCAS this week, right?)

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had their September PCAT score recieved by pharmCAS yet?

(I think it was supposed to be recived by pharmCAS this week, right?)

I took the PCAT on 9/26 and my scores were received by PharmCAS on 10/28, but unfortunately I don't think they sent them to the schools yet.

I took the PCAT on 9/26 and my scores were received by PharmCAS on 10/28, but unfortunately I don't think they sent them to the schools yet.

PharmCAS mails on Mondays. The cut off for Monday's mailings is the previous Thursday, end of business, so they can get everything put together in time for the mailman on Monday. A number of people in the PCAT forum are reporting that scores were posted at PharmCAS on October 28. October 28 was a was Friday, so the scores missed the Halloween mailing - by my calculations ;), they should be mailed on Monday, November 7.

PharmCAS mails on Mondays. The cut off for Monday's mailings is the previous Thursday, end of business, so they can get everything put together in time for the mailman on Monday. A number of people in the PCAT forum are reporting that scores were posted at PharmCAS on October 28. October 28 was a was Friday, so the scores missed the Halloween mailing - by my calculations ;), they should be mailed on Monday, November 7.

Mailman? The scores are sent to the schools electronically.

Mailman? The scores are sent to the schools electronically.

Yes, Pearson sends the scores to PharmCAS electronically.

PharmCAS always refers to sending the application info to the schools as "mailing," & based on the turn-times I've seen people report, I've always assumed it was physical mail. Either way, they still send the info to the schools on Monday, and the batch closes on Thursday end of business.

Perhaps it's an electronic drop, in which case it would be an e-mailman. Yeah, I won't quit my day job. :laugh:

Should I submit my pharmcas even though I haven't submitted my LOR, personal essay, extracurricular?

What exactly should I list for my Scholarships and awards. I had some scholarships like the promise and a "Dean's club" type thing from my school (lost it sophomore year)?

I'm lacking in the area of extracurricular activities. I shadowed a pharmacist for 90 hours (also part of capstone) so I will be listing that, but other than church and some other random service activities I don't have anything nearly as long term.

Should I submit my pharmcas even though I haven't submitted my LOR, personal essay, extracurricular?

What exactly should I list for my Scholarships and awards. I had some scholarships like the promise and a "Dean's club" type thing from my school (lost it sophomore year)?

I'm lacking in the area of extracurricular activities. I shadowed a pharmacist for 90 hours (also part of capstone) so I will be listing that, but other than church and some other random service activities I don't have anything nearly as long term.

NO! After you e-submit to PharmCAS you can't change anything you've put in (except at the academic update). It's ok to submit if you are just waiting on LORs to arrive but if you haven't completed the extra curricular section and DEFINITELY if you haven't written your personal essay don't submit it.

Hi, I have a question about my PCAT testing date listed on my PharmCAS application. I took the PCAT this year on Septmeber 21st, but PharmCAS listed the test date as September 11th. Did they make a mistake? What should I do?
Also, I have everything in (payment, LORs, transcripts, test scores, GPAs are calculated), but PharmCAS says my application has not ben sent yet. Are they still processing it? I know my PCAT scores were received on October 28th, so I just missed the Thursday post deadline mentioned above. Does this mean that everything will be sent out on Monday like what was said above?

Hi, I have a question about my PCAT testing date listed on my PharmCAS application. I took the PCAT this year on Septmeber 21st, but PharmCAS listed the test date as September 11th. Did they make a mistake? What should I do?
Also, I have everything in (payment, LORs, transcripts, test scores, GPAs are calculated), but PharmCAS says my application has not ben sent yet. Are they still processing it? I know my PCAT scores were received on October 28th, so I just missed the Thursday post deadline mentioned above. Does this mean that everything will be sent out on Monday like what was said above?

Not sure about the mailing thing, but I had the same question about my PCAT date. JenAthay from PharmCAS said that the September "11" is actually September "2011" and not representative of the actual date that you took the test. So you're fine there :)

Echoing above, no. Make sure it's completely filled out before you hit submit.

I listed a merit scholarship & Dean's List award under Scholarships & Awards.

Does this mean that everything will be sent out on Monday like what was said above?

Likely. I think it'll be sent on Monday. If it isn't, you might want to call & find out what's going on, or post some more specific dates of when everything happened (GPA calculation in particular). PharmCAS should consider your application complete when you've filled in all the required fields, paid the fee, and sent all the transcripts (at which time GPA calculations would be completed prior to being sent to the schools).

Danibella is correct Sept 11 means Sept 2011.

Your application will most likely be sent in the mailing on Monday Nov 7. Also, just to clarify, the Monday "mailings" are electronic drops, not a physical mailing in most cases. We still have a few schools receiving paper mailings, but most are all electronic.

Your application will most likely be sent in the mailing on Monday Nov 7. Also, just to clarify, the Monday "mailings" are electronic drops, not a physical mailing in most cases. We still have a few schools receiving paper mailings, but most are all electronic.

Ah, so in most cases, it's an e-mailman. Y'know what they say - the e-mail of the species is deadlier than the mail. :laugh: Yeah, ok, still not gonna quit my day job.

I know its really early to ask this, but I want to start planning things out. When is it considered an early application? I wanted to take a summer class and my pcats during august 2012 so I would prob submit my application by then. Is that considered early? Or average time?also should I submit my application even before my summer grades and pcat scores?

I know its really early to ask this, but I want to start planning things out. When is it considered an early application? I wanted to take a summer class and my pcats during august 2012 so I would prob submit my application by then. Is that considered early? Or average time?also should I submit my application even before my summer grades and pcat scores?

PharmCAS opens in June & begins sending applications to schools in August.

I took the July PCAT this year & still had my application completed & to the school I applied to by mid-September, which was quick enough to get in for the first interview dates. I felt like I was still relatively ahead of the game. Especially for schools with rolling admissions - I can't stress enough - the earlier the better!!

The way it lines up, I wouldn't wait for the PCAT score to be received by PharmCAS before pushing that scary submit button. Your app still has to go through GPA calculation, which takes a little time.

I think you can enter grades as "in progress" then update during Academic Update in December (?) if the grades aren't posted by the time you submit your app. This situation didn't apply to me, so I'd suggest reading the candidate booklet for more information.

So, I have a PharmCAS question: at what point should I be worried about two of my transcripts still showing up as "not received?" I checked with the schools to verify they had actually been sent and both confirmed they had been -- both by October 13th. I e-submitted on Oct. 25th. They still aren't showing up and I'm starting to panic! Should I be worried yet?
:(:confused:

I have 2 schools with a Dec. 1st deadline and 2 more with rolling admissions...

So, I have a PharmCAS question: at what point should I be worried about two of my transcripts still showing up as "not received?" I checked with the schools to verify they had actually been sent and both confirmed they had been -- both by October 13th. I e-submitted on Oct. 25th. They still aren't showing up and I'm starting to panic! Should I be worried yet?
:(:confused:

I have 2 schools with a Dec. 1st deadline and 2 more with rolling admissions...

I would probably suggest asking the schools to resend. Before I did that, I'd suggest contacting PharmCAS, although I'm not sure if there's anything else they can tell you. They might tell you they're backlogged. This is a busy time of the app season.

If it was my app, though, I'd start having the transcripts resent in case they're lost in the mail - if they aren't, no big deal; if they are, you haven't lost time.

Good luck & welcome to SDN! :luck:

I sure appreciate this thread! By reading the Q&A in this thread, my questions have been answered. But not my prayers, at least yet, of getting into pharmacy school! And thank you very much Jen and xtsukiyox, you've sure been helpful.

I just e-submitted my application on 11/7. PharmCAS already has all of my transcripts, LOR, etc. I will let folks know the time for calculating my GPA and sending my app.

I would probably suggest asking the schools to resend. Before I did that, I'd suggest contacting PharmCAS, although I'm not sure if there's anything else they can tell you. They might tell you they're backlogged. This is a busy time of the app season.

If it was my app, though, I'd start having the transcripts resent in case they're lost in the mail - if they aren't, no big deal; if they are, you haven't lost time.

Good luck & welcome to SDN! :luck:

Thanks!

I just e-mailed PharmCAS. Hopefully they are just backlogged.:xf: I'll definitely look into having them re-sent.

anyone know if there is a delay in the posted 'mailing date'? my GPA was calculated last Wednesday 11/2, so I thought they'd be mailed out yesterday, monday 11/7. anyone else have this problem?

I am applying and was wondering where should I enter my research fellowship experience. Does it go under honors/scholarship/award or work experience?

I am applying and was wondering where should I enter my research fellowship experience. Does it go under honors/scholarship/award or work experience?

Were you paid for the fellowship? If so, then it would go under work experience. If not, it would go under extra curriculars.

Good luck!

anyone know if there is a delay in the posted 'mailing date'? my GPA was calculated last Wednesday 11/2, so I thought they'd be mailed out yesterday, monday 11/7. anyone else have this problem?

If it still hasn't been mailed, contact customer service at [email protected]

If it still hasn't been mailed, contact customer service at [email protected]

i just read in an earlier page of the thread that for a course we repeated we are supposed to put "repeated" on BOTH the first and second attempt. Is this accurate? If so, am i able to edit that on my pharmCAS? I am a little concerned because I only labeled the second attempt as "repeated". i also contacted pharmCAS about it just now via email.

thanks for your help!

i just read in an earlier page of the thread that for a course we repeated we are supposed to put "repeated" on BOTH the first and second attempt. Is this accurate? If so, am i able to edit that on my pharmCAS? I am a little concerned because I only labeled the second attempt as "repeated". i also contacted pharmCAS about it just now via email.

thanks for your help!

never mind i called in and they said they would return it for corrections if there was any error