OFFICIAL 2009 Rejection Thread

Algophiliac

Someday...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The other forums have one, so I thought we needed one too. :p

So, is anybody else angry/sad/horrified? WAAAAAAH! It's like I worked my tail off, but am still not smart enough for some of those colleges.

I have to say, though, most of the letters were worded quite nicely.

Members don't see this ad.

So, is anybody else angry/sad/horrified? WAAAAAAH! It's like I worked my tail off, but am still not smart enough for some of those colleges.

Aww, if you're gonna do this, you need to make an Acceptance thread too!! No reason to focus on the negative...

Aww, if you're gonna do this, you need to make an Acceptance thread too!! No reason to focus on the negative...

I was getting to that bit...had to pause for a melodramatic tear-wipe. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I can happily say I haven't been rejected anywhere. :cool:

Is this for college or girl friend ? :confused:

April fool is over.

Last edited:
i only applied to one place i knew i could get in to, but now i kinda wish i had applied to some other places. at least you guys gave it your best shot, whereas i'll never know. not sure if that's any comfort--just a thought.

April fool is over.

Last edited:
i only applied to one place i knew i could get in to, but now i kinda wish i had applied to some other places. at least you guys gave it your best shot, whereas i'll never know. not sure if that's any comfort--just a thought.

Oh, I know what you mean, but those months of waiting anxiously have worn me out. However, I don't think I would have avoided applying to them if I could have done the whole cycle over--because there was always a tiny little chance they'd accept me. :D

Ha yeah, I applied to Purdue and Ohio State when I was applying. It came down to either going to Purdue for engineering or Ohio State for bio. I ended up doing Ohio State because I didn't want to pay out of state. I do sort of regret not applying to like Penn or Columbia just to see if I would get in but at the time I was like OMG ITS 20 DOLLARZ! However, I think if you made the decision to only apply to one place, you must really like that place so you shouldn't really have any regrets. :)