% of class filled Dec. 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takingyearoff?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this is the question that everyone who didn't get something Dec. 1 wants to know. Typically what percentage of acceptances are sent out on Dec. 1. Do they send out enough that if everyone accepted the class would be full or is it just enough to halfway fill the class, for example. Please answer back anyone who knows, or even has an idea. That means you gavin.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools send out enough to fill or overfill the classes. But most classes never actually get filled from Dec. 1st acceptances.

Rumors in Texas, that half the class is filled by December 1st.
not sure how accurate that is.

HD

Members don't see this ad :)
Except UOP, the other four cal schools sent out less than 50%. Some only sent out ~30%.

Is it appropriate to call a school and ask this question?

very hush, hush,
don't understand why, but I'm sure someone could answer this on this board?

Trookie said:
Is it appropriate to call a school and ask this question?
I did. It's understandable and reasonable. I don't think schools have problem with you calling.

When I interviewed at Harvard, they told me that they would only get out calls to 10-15 out of 35 of the total student body by Dec 1st.

USC told me they give 50 acceptance so far. And out of the 50 I think majority are going to different schools.

It's just going to depend on the school. I know that Arizona only sends out 15-20 acceptances on Dec. 1, and the class seats 54. They expect, however, that the vast majority of those people will pay a deposit and matriculate, so that's about 25-30% full after Dec 1. acceptances.

Some schools send out 300+ acceptances and only get 80 or so deposits, which leaves them 30% full.

I interviewed at Loma Linda on the 2nd and the director of student affairs told me a 1/3 of the slots were sent out and he said that only 10-15% decline.

mkbloeser said:
I interviewed at Loma Linda on the 2nd and the director of student affairs told me a 1/3 of the slots were sent out and he said that only 10-15% decline.

So that's very similar to the AZ situation. They don't send out that many (either numerically or percentage-wise of the class), but the number that matriculate is high from that first batch.

ItsGavinC said:
So that's very similar to the AZ situation. They don't send out that many (either numerically or percentage-wise of the class), but the number that matriculate is high from that first batch.

at temple, they sent out about 140 or so acceptances on dec 1...for 125 spots...but they also expect about a 38% return so there will be more open spots as the process goes on...

there better be my interview at temple isn't till 3rd week of january