Oddball topic: How do you imagine SDNers sound like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No! We haven't gotten him to crack...yet. ;)

0000078wa6.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet! :thumbup: Love the color...

Do you drive it to work?

Absolutly.....My commute is 22 miles one way to work. If I drive my car it takes me 50 minutes to over an hour depending on the traffic and accidents. I can use the HOV lane with the bike and it usually takes me 25 minutes. I closed the Pharmacy the other night at 9pm and I pulled in to my driveway at 9:22. So far thats my record......

Absolutly.....My commute is 22 miles one way to work. If I drive my car it takes me 50 minutes to over an hour depending on the traffic and accidents. I can use the HOV lane with the bike and it usually takes me 25 minutes. I closed the Pharmacy the other night at 9pm and I pulled in to my driveway at 9:22. So far thats my record......

So how fast do you push it? 70/80?

I've always wanted to ride a motorcycle (not drive though). So...one day. It's on my list...

So how fast do you push it? 70/80?

I've always wanted to ride a motorcycle (not drive though). So...one day. It's on my list...

I swear in Texas there is so speed limit on the major highways. Non-rush hour the normal flow of traffic is 80. I try to go with the flow of traffic. On hwy 75 the speed limit is supposed to be 60. I am sure it is a large ticket if your caught going 20 to 30 miles an hour over.

Members don't see this ad :)
I swear in Texas there is so speed limit on the major highways. Non-rush hour the normal flow of traffic is 80. I try to go with the flow of traffic. On hwy 75 the speed limit is supposed to be 60. I am sure it is a large ticket if your caught going 20 to 30 miles an hour over.

What kind of helmet are you wearing?

I drove through Texas last week (the Panhandle). The speed limit was like 75... :thumbup:

I got to see what my poorman's Lexus could do.

:eek: Say it aint so, Spiriva!

(Oklahoma and Texas have 'panhandles', as well. Dont make me bust out a map! :p)

And all three are lame, so who cares. The Dub-V gots the REAL panhandles. Hell, it's got a panhandle AND a soup ladle. A damned state with boundries formed by rivers, ******ed mapmakers, and a bunch of crazy hilljack abolitionists that told East Virginia to **** off during the Civil War. Now that's how you plot out a state! You people and your pansy-assed straight lines! *shakes fist*

Montana has a dude staring at Idaho....plotting to take it over. That's pretty damn cool, too.

And I still have more SDN user voices to assign.
  • DoctorRx1986 has a voice that has just begun to crack.

Or the little brother on Mission Hill.

Bonus points if you know what I'm talking about.

And all three are lame, so who cares. The Dub-V gots the REAL panhandles. Hell, it's got a panhandle AND a soup ladle. A damned state with boundries formed by rivers, ******ed mapmakers, and a bunch of crazy hilljack abolitionists that told East Virginia to **** off during the Civil War. Now that's how you plot out a state! You people and your pansy-assed straight lines! *shakes fist*

Montana has a dude staring at Idaho....plotting to take it over. That's pretty damn cool, too.

:idea: So anyways...

There's a panhandle in Idaho, too! BOOYEH

mission hill, the cartoon that mocks 90's seattle culture

nope, the mission district in san francisco.

but some props for sort of knowing.

(do you agree on the voice?)

Last edited:
Haven't seen Mission Hill. Read the Wikipedia article, though.

This thread was entertaining lol
Guess I haven't been around long enough to have a "voice"

& I know about Mission Hill. It's still on Adult Swim once in a while

And I'm sorta cheating on this one since I met him, but I'd imagine Caverject to sound like Hank Hill. :laugh:

The rest, I just imagine really nasal voices (sorry folks).
Caverject does not talk like Hank Hill. :rolleyes:

My "real" everyday voice is a cross between a valley girl and the Micromachines man. I talk fast, especially around people from my neck of the woods. The work voice is alot slower and easier to listen to if you aren't from my area. The inflections are standardized and I think it just sounds like someone you'd get on the line from an insurance company. Generic, but maybe a little higher pitch than most.

My "real" everyday voice is a cross between a valley girl and the Micromachines man. I talk fast, especially around people from my neck of the woods. The work voice is alot slower and easier to listen to if you aren't from my area. The inflections are standardized and I think it just sounds like someone you'd get on the line from an insurance company. Generic, but maybe a little higher pitch than most.
Nope. You still have a guy's voice to me. Sorry.

Wow, does anyone remember this thread from, like, a lifetime ago...:laugh:

I thought njac was a boy up until 3 months ago and I thought Glycerin was Asian... man was I off on both of these!

I thought njac was a boy up until 3 months ago and I thought Glycerin was Asian... man was I off on both of these!

ROFL.

I just figured out Hels was a girl about 6 months ago. I'm speshul.

ROFL.

My best friend from pharmacy school is from Hong Kong, and she says that I'm more Asian than she is, whatever that means. So, I guess I've earned some kind of honorary status. :p

You aint Asian?? :eek:

So has school started yet?

No, got a month to part-ey !

We are having a class meet tomorrow, having brunch and getting to know each other at this cool and cozy place one of our classmates suggested.

How has your life been ? Congrats on becoming a mod !

WVU = Rick Moranis
Z = Nick Nolte
Spiriva = Jen Tilly
Nanaface = woman from the snapple commercials
Old Timer = Barney Fife

Just read one of their posts with each actor in mind.

No, got a month to part-ey !

We are having a class meet tomorrow, having brunch and getting to know each other at this cool and cozy place one of our classmates suggested.

How has your life been ? Congrats on becoming a mod !
Thanks. My life has just moved along, I guess. I'm in graduate school now, just started in June. I'm getting a PhD in something, but I don't know what yet. My program has 4 participating departments, and I will finally join one of them when I choose my thesis lab.

I had to move to Birmingham, AL, by the way.

ROFL.

I just figured out Hels was a girl about 6 months ago. I'm speshul.
It was kind of a shock to find out Hels was a girl. I found out when she was giving advice in an interview attire thread and she mentioned wearing skirts. I was like, "Whoa, Hels is a girl??!!??"

It was kind of a shock to find out Hels was a girl. I found out when she was giving advice in an interview attire thread and she mentioned wearing skirts. I was like, "Whoa, Hels is a girl??!!??"

Of course I am a girl! I am a girly-girl who probably owns more jewelry than half the other SDNers combined! :D And I wear dresses pretty much all summer long too (working in an office has it perks :p ). Actually, I never thought people might think I was a guy, until I saw your comment back then. I even put up a tiny photo of myself up in the profile because of that. :D

PS Whatever you imagine my voice to be like is probably wrong. :D

Last edited: