October Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnzymaticFuture

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Is an October submission (secondaries submitted) ok for most DO schools? My goal school is TUNCOM (home state) and according to last years thread, they started receiving secondaries in august. Feel free to post success stories from past late applicants too :)

Background: low stats (3.1ish), high post bac (70 credits, 3.9 GPA), lots of clinical experience (6k +), DO letter. AA URM. Currently waiting on my MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Complete by October? You’re probably going to be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on your MCAT score you may be competitive for some MD schools. Post your score here when available.

Reactions: 1 user
I would suggest apply asap, I would add one throwaway school where you don't want to go that way your application is verified. Once you get your MCAT score just add other schools. I would not wait till October though.

Reactions: 1 users
I would suggest apply asap, I would add one throwaway school where you don't want to go that way your application is verified. Once you get your MCAT score just add other schools. I would not wait till October though.
What i meant is my app would be complete by mid October. verified and all with secondary submitted.

Hey guys. Is an October submission (secondaries submitted) ok for most DO schools? My goal school is TUNCOM (home state) and according to last years thread, they started receiving secondaries in august. Feel free to post success stories from past late applicants too :)

Background: low stats (3.1ish), high post bac (70 credits, 3.9 GPA), lots of clinical experience (6k +), DO letter. AA URM. Currently waiting on my MCAT.
I submitted my app to TUNCOM in October and am a rising OMS-3 there. They have one of the latest deadlines in the cycle. They also accept students very late. Sometimes just days before orientation starts in July. Ask me how I know. I know someone who submitted there in Feb or maybe even March and was accepted in June.

I submitted my app to TUNCOM in October and am a rising OMS-3 there. They have one of the latest deadlines in the cycle. They also accept students very late. Sometimes just days before orientation starts in July. Ask me how I know. I know someone who submitted there in Feb or maybe even March and was accepted in June.
Mannnn that’s great to hear. Especially coming from a TUNCOM student. Hope all is well! Do you mind if i message you about the program?

Mannnn that’s great to hear. Especially coming from a TUNCOM student. Hope all is well! Do you mind if i message you about the program?
Go for it. I’m happy to talk about academics, administration, lifestyle, what it’s like to be lgbtq and a non trad student here and almost anything else m. I just finished OMS-2 so can speak to first and second years. Just as a heads up, I don’t answer any questions that are likely to be asked by adcoms in interview process (ie please don’t pump me for interview answers; it is super embarrassing for all parties when people do that lol).

Reactions: 1 users
I applied between Thanksgiving-Christmas. Was fine. Granted this was a few years ago so things may have gotten harder