OCPM or DMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MRQUTTEGRAD2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to OCPM, but have also been invited for an interview at DMU. Could some students from each of the schools, or applicants who have visited the schools give me some information as to which school they preferred and why? I am from Illinois and would prefer to stay close to home, but I did enjoy my visit at OCPM. Thank you in advance for any information.

Members don't see this ad.

MRQUTTEGRAD2006 said:
I have recently been accepted to OCPM, but have also been invited for an interview at DMU. Could some students from each of the schools, or applicants who have visited the schools give me some information as to which school they preferred and why? I am from Illinois and would prefer to stay close to home, but I did enjoy my visit at OCPM. Thank you in advance for any information.

In your posting, you said that you are from Illinois and would prefer to stay close to home, have you consider the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine located in the suburbs of Chicago on the campus of Rosalind Franklin University. Just a thought

Yes I have, but I have already taken my DAT, and would not be able to apply until I took the April MCAT. At this point I am just looking at schools that accept the DAT. It would be nice to be that close to home, but I don't think it will happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU has an extremely strong academic curriculum (same classes/same tests with regular med students). You are well prepared for the boards and it shows. The clinics are very well rounded (trauma, wound care, etc). We rotate between the DMU Foot & Ankle Institute, VA, County, and other area hospitals. Facilities are the best in the nation. It's a good school.

Come to DMU for an interview and you will be convinced.

discusdan said:
Come to DMU for an interview and you will be convinced.

Interview is lined up for Nov. 11th. I am really looking forward to see the campus. Do you know what percent of people interviewed get acceptance letters? I also heard they did some updating recently, is that true? Also, wondering if there is any good place to hang out and have a few drinks after the interview before heading back to Milwaukee? Once again, thanks for the info.