OAT Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stompy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who has taken the OAT, are the sample physics problems in the OAT application booklet for 2003 representative of those seen on the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I seem to remember that the ones in the booklet were a little easier than on the actual OAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would one prepare for OAT physics then? Is the actual OAT all harder than the practice OAT?

Originally posted by stompy
How would one prepare for OAT physics then? Is the actual OAT all harder than the practice OAT?

the actual OAT is significantly harder, yes.

I took the Princeton Review course to prepare for the OAT and the dignostic tests they gave us bi-weekly were harder than the actual OAT. It helped because I kept getting below 300 on the diags but I got a 340 on the actual test. It also helped because they tried to put us through the actual OAT experience. They wouldn't let us talk or ask questions while we took the practice test. They also went in the same order with the same breaks. I'd give you my diags, but I gave them to one of my pre-dental friends. SORRY!! :( Good luck though. STUDY HARD.

Check out the TopScore Pro CD-ROM for the OAT (google it and get it from them directly rather than amazon, it's the same price and comes a lot faster). It provides several sample OATs that you can take as timed exams to get some practice.

I have the TopScore CD. Are the exams in there representative of the actual OAT?