OAT advice Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isafores

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!

So I had been planning to apply for 2021, but I have not yet taken physics and BIochem (I'm taking them this upcoming fall in my senior year). Should I hold off on taking the OAT because of this??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you need to worry about biochem, but physics is definitely a big part of the OAT. Personally, I am finishing physics right now and plan on taking the OAT in July and applying this summer. Unless you want to teach yourself I would probably wait. What year of undergrad are you in?

I just finished up my junior year, and heading into my senior.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then I would probably try and teach yourself unless you are planning on taking a gap year. From what I understand it doesn't seem too difficult especially with all the resources available but I guess that would depend on the person.

I am a Junior going to be a senior as-well. I would take the OAT anyways! I took college Physics but it is nothing like the OAT physics. OAT physics is really the basics and the backbone, mostly high school

You honestly don't need to have physics and biochem completed before taking the OAT! I just watched Chad's videos to learn physics and I ended up scoring the highest in that subject. It's super basic and doable, and it actually helped me with my college physics class.

I self taught myself physics for the OAT using the Kaplan book and Chad's videos and it was actually the section that I scored the highest on! It is totally doable to self-teach yourself and not have taken any physics classes prior to the OAT.