O-chem section

ykim637

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't do too well in 2 quarters of my ochem class taught at my university (I barely passed) so I have the need to do even better on the ochem section on the OAT. Are there any flashcards or textbooks focused especially on ochem that you guys used? I don't know exactly how to approach studying this subject. I would appreciate it if any of you guys can give me some tips. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey - don't sweat it too much. I got a C+ first semester and a B- second semester, so I didn't do all that well either, and I was worried about the section of it on the OAT too, but I got a 350! Don't forget, it's all multiple choice so you won't have to draw stuff or anything like that. At least with choices, you can narrow them down to one or two. If you can get your hands on any Kaplan material, I highly recommend studying from that. It's extremely helpful!! Also, at Barnes and Noble they sell MCAT flashcards, I bought them and they're really helpful too. I actually just put mine on ebay, if you're interested send me a PM and i'll send you the link!

I agree, don't sweat it too much. It's pretty basic stuff on the test. I used the mcat Princeton Review for the O Chem section and it was VERY helpful. I did skip the whole section on bio chem though as there was nothing on the OAT about that. I got a B and a B- in O chem and scored a 400 on the OAT. So get your hands on princeton review or kaplan and that is most helpful.