This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I am currently on the waitlist at NYU and I was wondering how the waitlist review process works.

So, to sum up what has happened so far is that I have been on the waitlist since February and I have heard nothing back while others have been getting off the waitlist - even those who interviewed/waitlisted after me... Do they review the waitlist in order of DAT scores or other factors? Or is it a completely random process? I am just trying to figure out why I am still on the waitlist. I have been updating them every couple of weeks and I also sent a LOI and another letter of recommendation.

Also, another question I have is if I retake the DAT again, will they still accept my new score for this cycle and factor it into my waitlist review?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! I know how hard the wait list process is as my wife went through the same thing. From what I know of couple programs the applicants are ranked and as people interview they are placed into the ranking system. Typically, as they start to take students they just work down their ranking list. Usually at this point you are viewed as a complete candidate and no one thing (so far as I know) is looked at more heavily. I am not sure on the retake question, but good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
NYU waitlist is not ranked. Taking the DAT at this point might actually help you but of course nothing is guaranteed.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU waitlist is not ranked. Taking the DAT at this point might actually help you but of course nothing is guaranteed.
Good to know, I hadn't heard anything about NYU's waitlist other than I have had a few friends be on it last year. They weren't sure, so thanks for the info.

Also on the waitlist! No news since March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk