NYU stipend schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

debateg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the most up-to-date? Their website only goes up to 2017. I called NYU GME, and they seem hesitant to provide it even though it's on the website of pretty much every GME in the country.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this really that important? How much of a difference will it make if you get the 2019 salary info? Do you think they have suddenly started paying interns $25,000 a year? If I was a PD and I saw that a med student had called up our GME office regarding such a petty issue, I would make sure to blacklist this person from our institution.

Is this really that important? How much of a difference will it make if you get the 2019 salary info? Do you think they have suddenly started paying interns $25,000 a year? If I was a PD and I saw that a med student had called up our GME office regarding such a petty issue, I would make sure to blacklist this person from our institution.
Kinda harsh there, colleague. It's not unreasonable (as you make it out to believe) for someone to wonder how much is the stipend. "John Smith, Harvard, 270/270, AOA, called, and asked what was the pay for the year." "Oh no! DNR. DNR. DNR!!!!"

Just a bit unreasonable. People have to budget.

Reactions: 3 users
Kinda harsh there, colleague. It's not unreasonable (as you make it out to believe) for someone to wonder how much is the stipend. "John Smith, Harvard, 270/270, AOA, called, and asked what was the pay for the year." "Oh no! DNR. DNR. DNR!!!!"

Just a bit unreasonable. People have to budget.

Fair enough, but if you have the 2017 stipend, just add 1000 dollars to it and you are probably close to the 2019 stipend. Why would anyone need such exact numbers? My brother easily lives in Manhattan on around 50k/year as a single person.

Fair enough, but if you have the 2017 stipend, just add 1000 dollars to it and you are probably close to the 2019 stipend. Why would anyone need such exact numbers? My brother easily lives in Manhattan on around 50k/year as a single person.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to know the exact "benefits" offered by the program. Sure it might be not be very significant but it's additional data that would be useful to know. Maybe OP has a family or has dependents that they need to account for.

If one person asks a questions there is usually a lot more who have the same question but haven't outright asked it. On the contrary I would hope that if a PD saw that a med student requesting to see the current salary information I would hope that he would just request that it gets updated on my website.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to know the exact "benefits" offered by the program. Sure it might be not be very significant but it's additional data that would be useful to know. Maybe OP has a family or has dependents that they need to account for.

If one person asks a questions there is usually a lot more who have the same question but haven't outright asked it. On the contrary I would hope that if a PD saw that a med student requesting to see the current salary information I would hope that he would just request that it gets updated on my website.
Not only is there nothing wrong with it, but it's a requirement to provide the terms of benefits and a sample of a resident contract prior to ranking. A lot of places actually make you sign an acknowledgment that you received a copy of everything at the interview. They're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but rather because they're required to.

You should be very wary of any place that can't give you a definitive statement about things like this. Sure, the PC might not know right now what the stipend is for next year, but at very least they should be able to tell you what it is this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have the most up-to-date? Their website only goes up to 2017. I called NYU GME, and they seem hesitant to provide it even though it's on the website of pretty much every GME in the country.

Do you have an interview there? In my experience for my specialty during the interview they give a packet of info that contained salary.